Do you keep your ketchup in the fridge?

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
I didn't think that people put it anywhere else! I mean, where do people put it if not in the fridge? I've always put it in the fridge, I've always seen it in the fridge, that's where it'll be when die.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Not in the fridge, no. I think having col ketchup on hot chips would be weird.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
I do, but I don't mind if it isn't. Not much of a difference in taste, I don't know about lifespan though (but most either way tend to not last long enough to go bad).

Crystalite

Apr 2, 2010
I also keep it in the frigde, if I have some, which is seldom.

But if it feels weird because it is cold, you are using to much. ;-)
I have never noticed this, simply because it gets warm very fast on hot fries.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Aeriath said:
My family never has. Cold ketchup on hot food is nasty.

BTW, if you put ketchup on your hot food and the ketchup stays cold, you're definitely using too much ketchup. It should assume the temperature of the food quite quickly.
It's a condiment, some people use more than others. I smother hot dogs in some nice room temperature tomato sauce.
This man knows what he's talking about. Also, Nice avatar ;)

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
I keep mine in the cupboard. A cold sauce to me would taste pretty bleh when alongside hot chips or something.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Yeah why wouldn't I, there are days I'll wake up go downstairs and the ketchup is still on the table, don't open that shit up! I'm serious it's a ticking time bomb. You open it and try to get the ketchup out and bam it all rushes out into the cap while you're opening it, congratulations you made a mess now clean it up.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
i tend to put most my sauces in the fridge after a while, depending how often they get used, because otherwise they'll go bad and have to be thrown out (even though they are themselves basically preservatives, the effect isn't perfect). Some pickles too.

ketchup goes in, because there's not a great deal of things i actually use it for. it's been a bad summer for bbq's, so it generally ends up going in marie rose for oven-cooked breadcrumb fish instead. as the mayo for that is chilled anyway, it makes no difference.

if it bothers you that it's cold, just leave it on the counter for 15 minutes before serving. get it out when you start cooking / before you go to the drive thru. or buy in a load of the single-serve sachets.

Siuki

Nov 18, 2009
Marowit said:
Yes, but it's because I use it so infrequently. My sriracha sits out at room temperature - it burns so good.
I tried it once when I was a kid and the only thing I could thing was: mymouthburnsmymouthburnsmymouthburnsmymouthburns

OT: My ketchup is in the refridgerator along with my tartar sauce. The magical Chipotle Tabasco Sauce stays at room temperature though.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
I keep it in the fridge because it usually get more liquidy if I don't.

Killerpai

Nov 12, 2009
I rarely use ketchup so i don't buy it. I do however have a rather large pile of fast food ketchup packets sitting on the table. Never know when I'm gonna need them and i hate to throw them away.