Do you kill NPCs

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
So , the question is in the title . Do you kill NPCs ? You know like in games like oblivion and fallout , a NPC is minding his own business and you show up , cocky as ever and bitchslap him/her till the npc bites the dust? Do you feel bad afterwards? Do you feel badass? Do you do it just for kicks. Bassically do you kill npcs why or why not?

Right now im playing dark souls , and at this point i killed almost every NPC i saw (3 out of the 4 lol, i let the blacksmiths live ) At this point ( since i never played demons souls) i don't know if it affects to game in any form( let's hope so for immersion!) but i feel bad ass doing it , mainly because the npcs are hard to kill ( very hard ).

macacos2

Apr 2, 2010
I usually save before doing so, just for kicks. Sorry if I'm not sadistic (those poor, poor pixels.)

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Only if I can do it in an interesting way, me and my friends have come up with some really interesting ways to kill NPCs, such as knocking them off of cliffs where some C4 blows them into some barrels in the form of bowling pins

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I do sometimes. Usually just for kicks, especially if the game has ragdoll animations upon death, like GTA IV. It is, however, especially satisfying to kill NPCs when they're being annoying.
Then sometimes I just let them be.

One of my favorite kicks though is to follow a NPC in GTA IV. Just to see where they go, then stab them at the right time, stalker-killer style. >:)
Try it, it's fun.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Depends, if they piss me off, they die. I quicksave beforehand just to make sure I don't fuck up something major. But if they are in my way of something, or they piss me off, you'd better believe they won't be waking up tomorrow.
Oh yes, and if they are bad to other people, I will kill them then also. I don't like cyber bullies.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Well it depends on the kind of character I play but in most cases I only kill NPCs that deserve to die because they charge too much for their service or don't reward me adequately for completing their stooopid side quests or because they insult my in-game character (which happens quite often in Oblivion - I wonder why)

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
If they piss me off, I quicksave and kill them, then quickload.

If they're bad people (bad as in mean, not as in hostile) and I want their stuff, they're dead.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Kill them pretty good. Unless I know theres something they'll be involved with in the future, in which case I wait till I complete whatever they're involved with, then kill them.

mrbonzai211

Mar 30, 2009
I've found that I almost always do if i find them out in the wilderness because I know nobody in the cities will ever find out it was me. If it's possible someone could see it happen, I let them go unscathed.
^^^ i actually just realized that

Apparently, when I'm in the city I'm the "save your kitten from a tall tree" hero, but what they don't know is that I will sadistically murder them if they ever stray 20 steps too far into the forest.

That's kind of messed up.

AceTrilby

Dec 24, 2008
I once punched everyone out on a dock in Oblivion. I didn't feel bad about it, until I realized that I had walked into a shop which meant I couldn't quickload and reset the fight on the dock, so everybody hated me thereafter.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I usually don't. If it is not necessary for me to kill them I try to avoid it. I have done it occasionally with NPCs that insult me.

Morthello

Aug 1, 2011
Country
United States
I never do. I always feel like i might need them at some point in the future. Even when theres npcs that will make things difficult for me in the future(this is especialy relevant to dark souls and demons souls) i keep them around to make things interesting.

godofslack

May 8, 2011
I'm a heartless NPC murderer. If I can I probably will, but I sometimes choose not to. I'm particularly known for finding every way possible to kill NPCs to the point where I purposely get NPCs killed even when it's not always intentional.

thelastmccabe

Jun 23, 2011
I'm playing KOTOR right now, and I'm on this planet with these fish people. I forget the name of the planet. At any rate, they are NOT showing the proper respect to me, and a few of them have been pretty snotty to me. Don't they know that I'm a human, which makes me superior, and a jedi, which makes me doubly superior, and that they need to bow down before me? As soon as I get a chance to kill them or otherwise mess up their world, I'm going to go buck wild.

To answer your actual question, I'm usually afraid to kill NPCs lest it mess up a quest. But lately I've started to find more joy in it.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Funnily enough...no, I try not to hurt anyone who isn't pointing a weapon at me.

FreakSheet

Jul 16, 2011
The people Deus Ex: Human Revolution were lucky that I didn't feel like wasting ammo on them.