Do You Like Anime? Write for The Escapist!

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Hmm...shoot. I would be interested in writing reviews, but I tend to follow manga much more closely than their anime adaptations (and vice versa, in the case of TTGL, but still). I find their structure usually suits me more, and they're quicker and more convenient to get hold of and consume.

In any case, realistically speaking, I'm probably not the most reliable sort to turn out reviews on a schedule, and I'd still like to focus on my own review list...smaller though my audience will be. It's with a tear in my eye that I must turn from this opportunity.

<color=white>*crosses fingers for semi-official manga reviews in the future*

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
I saw Princess Mononoke. But that was a long time ago. I wish I could see that movie again I would have loved to do this.

Ninja Tank

May 19, 2009
damn i would love to do this but i turn 18 in a month and 3 day. Doing a anime review is like a dream of mine, but i don't have any credit. besides i like reading the manga first then watching the anime to find any differences in the series.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
I accept your challenge, John Funk.
My reviews are coming.
Expect them.

You selected a good mix of titles for potential review: A mix of genres and target audiences. I'm also of the opinion that 'mainstream' means neither that everyone must like it nor that the show is somehow cheap or immature.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I would absolutely love to, but I'm not a huge anime fan.

I like it a bit, but I don't really keep up with the latest animes.

Though I am American and enjoy writing.

TheButtonMashEffect

Jan 10, 2009
Jaredin said:
Furburt said:
I would love to, but I fear I don't love it enough to be considered.

And I'm not American.
Ditto, in regards to nationality. Otherwise would have participated for sure.

Ah well...

Good luck to the entries!
Absolutely well and truly gutted! I want this so badly!

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Have you guys considered a film review section? I know that you guys have Moviebob. However, he just review the latest sci-fi/action/popular stuff that's in cinema. There's no comedy, drama (pure drama) or others. I know a few escapists here that would like to review movies.

I would do it myself. However, I'm pretty sure that the "Only the US" part would make things difficult.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
I'd say yes, but....

My writing skills are great. :)
My interest in anime is healthy, with enough sensibility to separate the chaff from the good stuff.
My interest in this is supurb!

But... between college and my part time job, I wouldn't have time. This would have to BE my part time job, and be on par (pay scale) or greater than my current gig ($13/hr). I mean, if it's that and/or more? Sign me UP!

TheButtonMashEffect

Jan 10, 2009
John Funk said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Sounds interesting, although I have seen many more upset non-americans than giddy are-americans making replies so far. This might take you guys a while, but glad to see Princess Mononoke in the list.
Again, like I said, if it were easy and feasible we'd totally include everyone in our community around the world - we're not doing it just to make Americans happy. It sucks, but it's just not in the cards right now :/
]

What if we just downloaded the stuff ourselves, Anime and video games is all i do.
I have been watching Anime since i was like 10, and i love writing reviews as well, it is such a shame i cannot apply.

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tiut said:
lordlee said:
>implying that TTGL is better than Princess Mononoke
BEST BE TROLLING!
>Implying it isn't

I suppose you also saw all of the Miyazaki films and thought they were the best thing to grace the earth?
Stop it, both of you! Does this look like 4chan or /a/?

OT: Since it appears that I'm one of the lucky few who actually meets the requirements, I may give this a shot. I'm not a huge anime geek, but I know my way around enough of it to write a competent review...

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
madbird-valiant said:
Jesus, how much I would love to do this. I just don't think I'd be able to be interesting for 750 words.

Fuck. -sigh-

EDIT: Plot spoilers/information included in that? Because I could possibly pad that out.
Minor plot information and spoilers are okay. Take a look at some of the other reviews if you need information.

TheButtonMashEffect said:
John Funk said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Sounds interesting, although I have seen many more upset non-americans than giddy are-americans making replies so far. This might take you guys a while, but glad to see Princess Mononoke in the list.
Again, like I said, if it were easy and feasible we'd totally include everyone in our community around the world - we're not doing it just to make Americans happy. It sucks, but it's just not in the cards right now :/
]

What if we just downloaded the stuff ourselves, Anime and video games is all i do.
I have been watching Anime since i was like 10, and i love writing reviews as well, it is such a shame i cannot apply.
The Escapist has a very firm anti-piracy stance, and we will not be reviewing anything that is not out here on disc, that is not physically obtained by the reviewer.

Firia said:
I'd say yes, but....

My writing skills are great. :)
My interest in anime is healthy, with enough sensibility to separate the chaff from the good stuff.
My interest in this is supurb!

But... between college and my part time job, I wouldn't have time. This would have to BE my part time job, and be on par (pay scale) or greater than my current gig ($13/hr). I mean, if it's that and/or more? Sign me UP!
As mentioned in the original post, this is a volunteer, unpaid position. We send you free anime (assignment + bonus), you write it up. :)

TarkXT

Sep 7, 2009
Live in the United States. Check.
Prospective writer. Check.
Knowledge of the medium. Check.
Accustomed to making deadlines. Double check.

Well, gonna just have to add this to my growing pile of things to write this week.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Oh god damn it...

I'm in the right place but the wrong AGE!

FUCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

*THREE HOURS LATER*

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK.

I'm 16 going on 17 and have to wait a year to be 18.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-