Do you like combo or skill videos?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
if you got an Xbox 360 lying around or an Xbox one, just find a used copy of Ninja Gaiden II. If you still have a PS3 lying around get the first sigma game. You get more content original to that version and nearly all the bonuses from Black. Sigma 2 on the other hand I suggest you buy with caution. You do get more characters, but it suffers from censorship issues. No gore. the Vita version of sigma to actually fixes this, but I highly doubt you're going to get a Vita just for that.
I still have my 360, but no idea if it works since I already had to fix the red ring on it myself. Plus at the moment I have more then enough games to go through.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

The video is 7 hours long! Uploaded in the beginning of this year.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
No really 'cause I feel like there is too many points of error to ever be efficient. We have human reaction time, which can't be helped. But then we also have controller response time, and the game response time, all of which could be off even by microseconds and that's enough to loose a hit window or combo.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No really 'cause I feel like there is too many points of error to ever be efficient. We have human reaction time, which can't be helped. But then we also have controller response time, and the game response time, all of which could be off even by microseconds and that's enough to loose a hit window or combo.
All mostly true, but when a person becomes skilled enough in games and memorize everything that's how you get these no damage, no death, skill videos. Especially if the game is usually properly design and tested. People are still going to find exploits of course. Errors can still happen. The players usually just don't show their failed attempts. Though this has changed in the past couple of years. I like users like XLH, Cheeb, Seraphim17, and GodFatherDictator because they're not afraid to show that they can goof up too. Everyone is human and makes mistakes.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
I'm not really big on fighting games, but this video has amused me for a very long time.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Best loop I’ve seen since Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 released -

Makes me want to get it even though I’d be thrilled to get a mere 1/100th of that total.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

And people say V is too easy or boring to use. Nah son, ya jus' gotta sick skills and imagination!

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I’ve never heard of this story before but apparently it was big thing in the FGC -

Never heard of this before and been hardcore in the FGC for over 10 years now. I think it's something particular about the MK/NRS scene because the people who are into those games seldom tend to play the stuff I'm into.

You have a lot of communities that kinda do their own thing and don't really interact much.

The one game that mixed up a bunch of communities together was fighterz because everyone likes dbz, but outside of that most people who play non-mk stuff usually don't follow mk tourneys.

Also personally speaking, this doesn't do anything at all for me. All the showing off and arrogance is not my cup of tea. Something like Galileio bursting to tears when he won bbcp on evo vs Dogura was way more impressive because of how hard and how back and forth the battle was. He almost died like 20 times but he came back. That's way more interesting than just someone being overwhelmed publicly.

Here you go if you're curious:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Never heard of this before and been hardcore in the FGC for over 10 years now. I think it's something particular about the MK/NRS scene because the people who are into those games seldom tend to play the stuff I'm into.

You have a lot of communities that kinda do their own thing and don't really interact much.

The one game that mixed up a bunch of communities together was fighterz because everyone likes dbz, but outside of that most people who play non-mk stuff usually don't follow mk tourneys.

Also personally speaking, this doesn't do anything at all for me. All the showing off and arrogance is not my cup of tea. Something like Galileio bursting to tears when he won bbcp on evo vs Dogura was way more impressive because of how hard and how back and forth the battle was. He almost died like 20 times but he came back. That's way more interesting than just someone being overwhelmed publicly.

Here you go if you're curious:

Well I think the point was Perfect Legend (unsurprisingly with a moniker
like that) was himself admittedly talking smack and being arrogant initially and ended up getting thoroughly pwned. Sonic Fox is also currently a household name in FGC, but yeah even being an MK fan I never knew about this whole incident.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Well I think the point was Perfect Legend (unsurprisingly with a moniker
like that) was himself admittedly talking smack and being arrogant initially and ended up getting thoroughly pwned. Sonic Fox is also currently a household name in FGC, but yeah even being an MK fan I never knew about this whole incident.
I know sonic cause he plays dbfz and skullgirls, I guess he started with MK or something, either way though, the talking smack thing is fun but not really inspiring to me. It's not what I admire about tourneys. I feel that there's a place for that, and there's a place for just trying to push past your limit earnestly and respectfully, and the tourney stage is the latter.

And it's not like sonic can't be that way either btw, his rivalry with go1 in dbfz is very much like that, where there's a bit of trash talk but mainly just respectful warriors going at it with everything they got. When he lost evo last time he was very courteous and polite which is what I like to see. A graceful loss is hard. Especially at that level.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wish I could find someone to coop with, who's my skill level. It's always dead. How does that happen with such a new game?
People lose interests unfortunately. I still get some games. Plus, I got two guys on PSN that I hook up with for a couple of rounds. I know you have the Steam version right? You can actually do 4 players online if you use Steam's Remote Play. That is a neat feature/