Do you like combo or skill videos?

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States

This is amazing. I love how he picks his customers, sometimes choosing darker colors farther away to make sure he doesn't overuse the lighter colors and make them disappear. I pick the "Original" map because it's easier (and I prefer the layout). A shame he didn't make it one video, since most people only watch part 1.

Edit: Actually, it's made a little lamer by him using easier settings (at 1 minute). Lower traffic and longer times.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I don't really appreciate this kind of stuff, until I have played that certain game, and understand just how difficult it is to pull off whatever it is that they are doing.

I'll look at these videos of Street Fighter, or CS, or DMC, and it just looks like normal gameplay, because I don't really know or understand just how much mastery is going into these clips, even though I am aware that these are probably the best of the best.

I can generally appreciate a speedrun though, no matter the game

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't really appreciate this kind of stuff, until I have played that certain game, and understand just how difficult it is to pull off whatever it is that they are doing.

I'll look at these videos of Street Fighter, or CS, or DMC, and it just looks like normal gameplay, because I don't really know or understand just how much mastery is going into these clips, even though I am aware that these are probably the best of the best.
That's usually how it starts. You are not alone. The crazy shit you see in DMC and SF are tough takes like a dedication and practice. Granted in V for SF and DMC, combos and juggles are easier to pull off, but there still challenge. I do not mind easier combos; more so for Street Fighter.

I can generally appreciate a speedrun though, no matter the game
I can too to an extent, most speedrun vids don't do much for me now. I know I got tired speedrun vids around 2010.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Being a big fan of Tekken (the video game) and Fairness (the concept), a friend of mine thought I was going to join in with Leroy Bashing.

This is not the case.

Leroy is EVERYTHING I wanted in a fighting game character for such a long time. I don't care if he breaks the game. He's the coolest character I've seen in years, only rivaled by... well, you seen my avatar

And to change pace, I figured I'd add another vid that goes along with a thread I'm going to be making in two minutes.

My friends, I give you... Death

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
So I came across this, and....yeah well, so much for my idea about it being very linear on how to traverse the stages. Holy shit this person is bypassing tons of things and taking shortcuts like mad.

Given how often I die doing this shit, it boggles my mind to be able to do it without any deaths.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Epic Vergil vs Vergil fight. you're going to see something crazy at the three minute mark.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
The commentary was giving me a headache so is best muted, but this mirror match was interesting

Koisy was getting pwned hard but ultimately flipped the script on Kevo and ended up beating him at his own game, with a stellar finisher to boot.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
@BrawlMan I suppose I really should get the Virgil DLC since those are neat.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
If you get the Definitive Edition, it's unlockable after beating the campaign once on any difficulty.
I just have the normal version.