Do you like hoarding things in games?

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
I hoard unique items. I never carry around common gear - for example I won't carry around laser rifles if every third mook drops one.

My epic Morrowind save had five strongholds (Telvanni chain allows you to procure all three at once of the House strongholds!) of which my Mournhold stead held all of the gear from that DLC, my Hlaalu had all of the vanilla gear (ALL of it. Every last unique item) and Solstheim had all of the items from that surprisingly rich ground.

Got less time these days, won't be emulating that again!

andreas3K

Feb 6, 2010
I used to hoard a lot, and sometimes still do a little bit, but I avoid it, because it's really annoying and kinda pointless.

Nudu

Jun 1, 2011
I have a compulsive need to collect shinies. Doesn't matter if I'm full on rupees, I'M GETTING THAT FUCKING RUPEE!

Ymbirtt

May 3, 2009
I finished Deus Ex with about 8 bullet proof vests. I was playing as a stealth character, so I always thought "Well, I'll just take this one along too. I never know when I'm going to get ambushed after all", but I was playing as a stealth character, so I never really got myself into any pitched gun battles. This logic did not do my inventory any favours, especially since whenever I buggered up the stealth, rather than standing and fighting I just turned around and ran away like a big girl.

Leaping off the top of a tall building with tracers flying past you is every single kind of awesome.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I keep loads of stuff I find, sometimes even not n´knowing what it is used for but just in case I might need it sometime. This especially if it has with gems to do, because you can often make things out of gems so i keep them, and they're shiny ^^

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
silver wolf009 said:
Oh yeah. Fallout Three was my hoarding game. Thousands of everything, no mods (360 here). I stockpiled 400+ mini nukes even though I'd never use them and I knew I'd never use them.
Where the hell did you get 400 Mini Nukes?

Caffeinemancer

Dec 17, 2009
Yeeaaahhhh, I'm a hoarder... One of these days, I'm going to sit down to one of my favs and see the character cast staring me down with one of those therapists from that Hoarders show. "We just want to help you! Nobody should ever have this much stuff in their inventory! Will you please clean this mess, before someone dies in here??"

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I usually end up hoarding currency. It's odd that I can save thousands of caps in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but ask me to save a grand in real life and I fail... I never buy from traders without knowing I have tradables that will at least balance out the costs.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
I mainly keep what I can carry. That is, at the limit of what I can carry before my character start whining.
I'm more of a greed person. Always searching through everything in the area before I go for the next. Damn you Fallout... Why must you have so many boxes.

CerealBoxMicrowave

Jul 20, 2011
I tend to hoard currency. Caps in the Fallout games, gold in World of Warcraft, orens in the Witcher, credits in Mass Effect...

If there is money in a game, then I must have it, or as much of it as possible at any rate. I find having a lot of money in games proves very helpful.

I also like to hoard healing items, storing them until I really feel that their use is warranted.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
NoneOfYourBusiness said:
one thing, and one thing only i have to say: i might need it later
This. In Fallout 3 and New Vegas... Oh jeez, when I put inventory to stash a few times I have so much useless crap that it boggles the mind. But once in a while I will use one of those things to build a cool gun! Once in a while...

And 50 enclave power suits in one house is not extreme is it?