Do You Like Relic Entertainment?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I am a big Relic fan. To me, they're like the Ottawa Senators, good contenders with a very solid track record, if not groundbreaking. I haven't found a game made by them that I've disliked, and some of those games have actually been fantastic. See obligatory Homeworld 1+2 and Dark Crusade.

I've probably bought more games from them than any other single studio. I've put more effort and time into their games than any AAA title I can think of. To me, Relic means quality. Not outstanding quality, but the fact that I know I'm getting what I paid for.

Are you a fan of Relic? Are there other smaller developers who you feel similar about?

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
They can put Adiago for Strings in their game and have it fit perfectly. I think that sums up why they are awesome.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Well considering they made my two favourite PC games of all time...yeah, I like them

They also hold the honour of having some of the best voice acting...

And some of the funniest unit quotes...

Yeah, I love Relic.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
The only two games of Relic I've played was Warhammer 40k and Company of Heroes. I thought both were ok but I don't really have an opinion about the developer.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I like their games on mechanics and spirit, they always know how to put them together really well.
But they have been skimping out on content recently and it seem the shit is getting worse, for now they still have my support but unless they start giving games more value I will not be sticking around for long.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Kahunaburger said:
They can put Adiago for Strings in their game and have it fit perfectly. I think that sums up why they are awesome.
Well said, very well said. *tears for Kharak rolling down my cheeks.*

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Never actually played any of Relic's games but a couple of friends swear by Relic as they both love the whole Warhammer 40k series and Company Of Heroes as well.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
I own Company of Heroes: Anthology, Dawn of War: Soulstorm, Dawn of War 2: Gold Edition and Dawn of War 2: Retribution. I used to own Dawn of War: Gold Edition and Dawn of War: Dark Crusade. I've not played it much, but Homeworld 2 looks pretty good. Why do you ask?

Relic are good at what they do as far as I'm concerned and I hope if THQ goes down, someone good (i.e. Zenimax or Valve) acquires them.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Clive Howlitzer said:
The only two games of Relic I've played was Warhammer 40k and Company of Heroes. I thought both were ok but I don't really have an opinion about the developer.
Which 40k game, may I ask?

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
They have great ideas on where to take RTS genre and both CoH and DoW proved it. Sadly they never were great at the unit balance front, which hindered the possibility of their games becoming serious competitive titles. They just never seemed to be able to fit into the void after BW/WC3, and when SC2 came out they pretty much got buried.
Not to mention that DoW2 matchmaking was crippled by use of GFWL.

If not the fact that it's THQ still holding the Warhammer license I'd wish for Relic to be taken by some other company that would provide them with better financial backing.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
The only Relic game I've played is Space Marine so I couldn't really say I'm a fan of the studio.Still SM was a pretty decent game and I'm hoping for more in the series

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
They haven't produced any turds yet and they've stuck with their old fans on PC sofar, so they are good guys in my book. I like their games and reasonable polish and patch support also helps.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
I'd like them to do more 40k games, does that count?

Actually, correction; I'd like them to make ONLY 40k games.

Jun 11, 2008
Keava said:
They have great ideas on where to take RTS genre and both CoH and DoW proved it. Sadly they never were great at the unit balance front, which hindered the possibility of their games becoming serious competitive titles. They just never seemed to be able to fit into the void after BW/WC3, and when SC2 came out they pretty much got buried.
Not to mention that DoW2 matchmaking was crippled by use of GFWL.

If not the fact that it's THQ still holding the Warhammer license I'd wish for Relic to be taken by some other company that would provide them with better financial backing.
Retribution doesn't use GWFL to let you know.

OT: I do like them overall but their games have been somewhat lacking in content lately so lets hope the next ones have a bit more bang for their buck.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Glademaster said:
Retribution doesn't use GWFL to let you know.

OT: I do like them overall but their games have been somewhat lacking in content lately so lets hope the next ones have a bit more bang for their buck.
I know. but by the time Retribution came out the multiplayer was pretty much dead. It took them too much time to really sort it out properly after already having issues back in DoW times with GameSpy.

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
Hawk of Battle said:
I'd like them to do more 40k games, does that count?

Actually, correction; I'd like them to make ONLY 40k games.

Go away. Play Homeworld, and then come back and try too say that again.

Yes, i love Relic.

Homeworld FTW! Amazing soundtrack.

And it actually made me cry...