Do you like to share your bed?

Valandar

Jan 11, 2009
olicon said:
Heh, pets. My family's pet are a little strange. They all sleep in my mom's room--3 little ankle biters, and 2 labradors. The labs are great though, because they don't mind being used as a pillow--I use them for my naps all the time. Sooo..fuzzy.. Of course they do have a bad tendency of thinking they are tiny, and would hop onto my lap when I'm on the couch. And like others said here, they refuse to move.
And yeah, those little ones love to lick my face for some reason.
Hey, if you use THEM as pillows, it's only fair they get to use YOU as a pillow. :D

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
I really agree with OP. At least I used to. Back when I had a bed meant for only one person, I hated charing it. The sex part was great, but it would feel crowded after that, unless it's one of those partners you REALLY like, and just can't stop folding your arms around.
Now I have a two persons bed, and it is totally different. Everyone is welcome.

Silver

Jun 17, 2008
Bright_Raven said:
only ever shared a bed with a cat. but i dont know about sharing a bed with someone. would you sare a bed with a sibling? what about with a good friend? of the same gender? your lover? wife?
Sibling, hell no, but that might be my dislike of my family speaking. While I haven't had a wife, I've tried the other one's. Not so bad. Being androphobic makes one of them annoying, but the others work.

DeleteMe1112311

Sep 18, 2008
I know I'll get shit for this...

I certainly enjoy sharing my bed with women (who I am unrelated to, obviously). It provides more...pillows.

On a more...serious note, I actually love sharing small beds; much more so than large ones. If in a large bed, I feel like I'm losing alot of space...etc. But in a small bed...you just get to be closer.

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
I have a queen size bed so sharing is not a problem for me I have plenty of room as for snoring it hasnt realy been a problem.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
My bed is stuck somewhere between a single and double bed, so it's a snugly-single-size to be precise. I quite like sharing it, to the point that if my girlfriend sleeps in the same bed as me for several nights in a row, the following nights afterwards I have troubles sleeping because she is no longer there.

However, certain things that she does can make it hard to sleep. These include; blanket stealing, assuming a foetal position in the centre of the bed, having nightmares (which she does often) in which she squeaks and asks for help from me (which make me go all gooey so I forgive her), and occasionally doing something like climbing on top of me while nude and snuggling up in a way that makes the unreformed caveman inside me rather...restless.

Overall, though, I love to have her head on my chest when I go to sleep. Makes me remember how lucky I am to have someone I'm that comfortable with.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Well, in the winter, I like my dog with me, 'cause she's warm. Of course, this usually entails me invading her space, and her proceeding to kick me, and then groan out of discontent. She's a small dog, but she uses her heel, and she once gave me a bruise. =0

walker.au

Dec 28, 2008
spoooon..... oh yes indeedy... just have a cuddle is good for geeks, we are traditionaly more comfortable with a joystick than company... it is nice to just have the comfortable space filled.

Amoreyna

Jan 12, 2009
xazarus said:
Amoreyna said:
xazarus said:
Amoreyna said:
call me old fashioned but less then 1% of the men I have ever dated have gotten that privilage
That means if you've ever shared a bed, you've dated over 100 men. Lol @ your whoritude and/or lack of math skills.
I'm sorry - I was taught that to be a whore you slept around. Silly me for not thinking that it included going out to dinner with someone. Hell, most men I go out with I don't even kiss let alone do anything that would remotely qualify me as a whore. I was making a point at the small number of men that have ever shared my bed compared to the multitude that I've met, flirted with and gone out with. Perhaps I should have phrased it that men have a less then 1% chance to share my bed.

But no, dating does not make you a whore - and carrying around that kind of limited thinking won't endear you to women.
Perhaps "whore" was a bit too strong. But you don't think your dating life might be a touch dysfunctional? You go on dates with 100 men for every serious relationship you have? Maybe whoritude's not the right word for it, but damn. So you'lll excuse me if I don't take your advice on women to heart :rolleyes:

And for the guy who started going on about floor functions and stuff? Direct quote: "Less then 1%". FLOOR(1.96078431) !< 1. So yes, she would really have to get to 101.
You still don't gt what I'm saying. Not surprising really on this site. Maybe if you go back and read my response to you...no, that won't help because you that would require you to actually shove your ego aside.

Yes, how surprising, I've gone on more dates then I've had sex partners. That would make me very odd. /sarcasm Seeing that I've been going out on dates for over a decade now most would consider that a good thing. And yes I've even been in long term relationships. A lot of times dates are set up for me by welling meaning friends - I end up despising the date and it doesn't go any further. It stills means that I drug myself out and dated them - that I had the intent of looking at starting a relationship even if it didn't go anywhere.

You also failed to grasp my main point - which also doesn't surprise me. What I was telling the OP in response to her purely negative post was that one should be picky about who you sleep with. A lot of problems that she listed can be avoided or overcome if you are actually in love with someone. Whereas if you just stumbled home with someone from a bar I could see those things being a greater problem and wanting to keep your bed to yourself. Sharing your bed is thoroughly intimate and it forces you to give up all your demands for personal space. It requires the people involved to have an actual commitment to each other - whatever it may be - in order for it to work and for there to be mutual respect.

It's obvious you're young, full of yourself and think you know all. I hope you are making the right choices now and someday can figure out what does and does not make you a whore. Personally, I would rather go out and sit through an utterly boring dinner with 500 men then have sex with one man who turned out to be a mistake. That's why it's important to me. Of course like I said - I'm more old fashioned, I refuse to get naked on the first date and think a relationship needs to be based on far more then just sex.

Go back and read the point I was trying to get across. I was in a hurry that day because, ironically enough, my partner had just come back after having been away for over a week and he rates as more important then posting on any forum.

Amoreyna

Jan 12, 2009
Danglybits said:
No, you're being insulting "Like you don't do anything to annoy the other person" And calling how a person felt about love and affection at 11 years old hardly amounts to being demeaning. And telling me that I'm rushing into sharing my bed like some kind of overly promiscuous child (you're handy statistic on how many men you've shared your bed with)and I've only shared my bed with one person romantically. And did I say that I thought they were toys for my enjoyment? Did I? No I didn't I said I wanted a person to cuddle with, share the peacefulness or the unknown noises of the night close to, like a child does with a stuffed animal. Only it would be a person sharing that with you and so be something really special. They would also be holding onto me and needing my comfort,as a partner. That is not using someone, that's company.

You're making some really wild assumptions about how I feel about the people I'm with. I'm sorry my relationship politics and phrasing don't jibe with you. I just said that I didn't like sharing my bed with someone who does aerobics in their sleep.
Like I said before my first post was a response to your original post that started this thread that had a purely negative tint on the whole sharing your bed. Seeing other responses I wasn't the only one that thought you were against the whole thing.

When I was very young, around five I was taught that pets were not living stuffed animals for my amusement. I was taught not to view other people that way either. So by the time age eleven rolls around (or later as you did mention that you were in your teens with this thought) I would expect people to have a concept of the value of another person. That's why I said it was demeaning in my original post - based solely on what you said the first time. You've spent a lot of time expanding your views in your responses to me - perhaps if you had been this articulate in the first place we wouldn't be having this conversation, eh?

The reason I said you were rushing into things is also because of your complete criticism of what it's like sharing a bed with someone. You did not mention that you were in a long term relationship at the time. It sounded like you where expecting people to live up to an ideal and then were unhappy that they could not do this. That is what I was addressing not knowing all the background information and only having the little bit to go on from the first post.

The only reason I asked you if you were a joy to sleep around is that it seemed like everyone did something to annoy you. Honestly, we all do strange things in our sleep, we all have quriks even you. Your just lucky enough to be with someone that doesn't mind them or even likes them.

You seem to think I'm personally attacking you when I don't agree with your view point. The only real criticism I laid out to you was against your 'everyone is a pain to sleep with but not me' view that the first post conveyed. I never once called you a name - especially not a whore like what I was called on this thread. I never once said you were a bad person. I said that I thought your view points were wrong, that in some ways they were demeaning and that if you were having negative experiences maybe you were rushing into things. That is hardly an attack on your personal character.

Tarmon'gaidin

Jan 15, 2009
Yes I do in fact especialy with my girlfriend. The funny thing is that I can relate to your first paragraph, but the change you talk about in your second one never happened to me I suppose.

VaioStreams

May 7, 2008
i don't mind sharing the bed. but i don't like being touched before i go to sleep or while i'm asleep.

sanomaton

Oct 25, 2008
I do and then I don't. I loved to sleep with my cats (now they're gone though :|), the warmth felt just awesome. But then it comes to human beings ... I actually do like to share my bed with a mate but if the bed is too small I just can't fall asleep. I watch the ceiling, think about random stuff and what not, I just cannot sleep. I shared my bed with a mate at our confirmation camp some years back, she fell asleep right away but I couldn't sleep at all. The next day equaled pain. >_o