Do you like Warhammer 40,000?

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Do i like Warhammer 40k?

Is the emperor immortal?!
Is the only good xeno a dead xeno?!

Damn right!

I like the games and i used to like the Tabletop but it was too much of a money sink for me, I used to Collect guard, but its cheaper to play the guard in DoW and way more fun. The original games are my favourite, the new DoW2 Game..Hmmm.. I like what they were trying to do but i've played Too much Men Of War, im spoilt with Realism. Also the lack of playable guard annoys me, i should pick up the expansion pack with choas but i haven't gotten around to it yet, dont really see the point unless someone here recommends it?

I love the fluff and i love the books, i've been reading gaunts ghosts latley, The Saint Omnibus is Epic.

AhumbleKnight

Apr 17, 2009
I thought that the emperor died...

Yes, I do like it. It is a cool universe that I can in no way, ever, afford. PC RTS gaming will have to suffice.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
I like the fluff, kinda. Not enough to read any of the books or anything, but it's a fun universe.

Don't really like the game. Other tabletop miniatures games have more tactical choice involved in army choice and on the tabletop. 40k is all just a bit obvious and dull.

Jack Of Herts

Oct 19, 2009
Of course I like 40K, I used to collect dark eldar, now I'm down to merely enjoying the universe and literature, since I don't have time for four hour long battles...do kinda miss it though...

RadioactiveTurtle

May 9, 2010
AhumbleKnight said:

Yes, I do like it. It is a cool universe that I can in no way, ever, afford. PC RTS gaming will have to suffice.
Hold your tongue, heretic!
The God Emperor is immortal!

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Love all of it- may be playin a game against my dad on our home made boards later :D But I also love the fluff, and the idea of the universe the imperium built, its just awesome.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
AhumbleKnight said:
Not quite. He's been on life support for then thousand years.

Yeah, it's pretty entertaining. And Kharne is a pretty great guy.

Jul 22, 2009
Hell yes!

Eldar are my favourite as you can tell... I love reading the books and I'd like to start playing again as soon as I have money.

Mymla

Jan 5, 2008
GloatingSwine said:
I like the fluff, kinda. Not enough to read any of the books or anything, but it's a fun universe.

Don't really like the game. Other tabletop miniatures games have more tactical choice involved in army choice and on the tabletop. 40k is all just a bit obvious and dull.
Pretty much this, although I did read a bunch of the books. Problem with 40k, though, is that "In the grimdark grimdark of the grimdark grimdark, there is only grimdark" gets really old after a while.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I haven't played it for a while, but I still like it, yeah!

For the Inquisition! Purge the enemy without, the enemy within and the enemy beyond!

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I'm really into the lore, and I've read heaps of the books. I'm too poor to collect models, although I have a few Iron Warriors that I picked up after reading Storm of Iron. But yeah, I definitely like 40k.

beldaron

Oct 1, 2009
yeah alike alot of the others i loved the 40k universe and used to collect the miniatures but couldn't afford to keep collecting them, not to mention i can't paint to save my life. But atm i am reading books i realy realy like them full of blood and gore etc etc

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Certainly. Never played the tabletop, but I am obsessed with the fluff - I think I have nearly all of the existing novels. The Dawn of War games (both of them) are great, too.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Mymla said:
GloatingSwine said:

Pretty much this, although I did read a bunch of the books. Problem with 40k, though, is that "In the grimdark grimdark of the grimdark grimdark, there is only grimdark" gets really old after a while.
read the ciaphas cain novels- they actually have a good amount of humour in, unlike most (i.e all) the other 40k non ork fluff.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
I have NEVER played the game, but I had a friend back in michigan that was very close to obsessed with the game. I think I've heard just about everything there is to know about it. I like what I've heard, and the idea behind it, but having never played, eh, I dunno.

Still, I call Eldar if we do play!

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
Liked Warhammer fantasy more. Still have five Chaos Warriors on my bookshelf.