Do you like your first name?

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
My name is Corey. I've never really thought about it. I've never seen anything wrong with it, other than the fact that everyone always spells it incorrectly (they assume there's no E).

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
(Luke)
I love mine, I think it befits me perfectly. Brief, sharp, well dressed, still common but slightly unusual, and apparently quite a few girls like it.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
The name's Charlie.

I think it's an okay name. Nothing too special. But I do think it suits me.

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
Another Steven here, bit annoying that it is also common to spell Stephen so I have to correct people every now and again. Doesn't lead to any nicknames though. My nickname as Phisi (fish) is a long story but the problem I have is my full name is: Steven ?????????-?????, at least I have a short middle name 'Roy' though but I don't like it :/
Laggyteabag said:
I like my name (Joe), but when its combined with my middle name (Ross) people start to realise that im named after "Friends" characters. Oh well, at least i can be happy that neither of my names are "Chandler".
interesting, my brother is John Ross but he is named after the Antarctic explorer's uncle whom we are related to.what else that's interesting is that all of my family's names end in 'n'.

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
My name is pretty simple, just like me I guess. So it fits well, Ed. Just two letters. I refer to myself either as Jester(my first tattoo and how I act in general) or Morbius(steam name) anyway.

Frokane

Sep 28, 2011
Ashley is a cool and interesting name for a guy, It helps me stand out even more which I love.

My last name is a first name which i think is so dull :/

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
Victoria, which always felt a little weird to me with my last name (maiden name from Portugal), but it did have a nice syncopation to it.

J3bba

Dec 7, 2010
I rather like it, been in my family for generations. My closer friends call me Jebba (short for Jebediah) which is a name I gave myself when some year 4's kept asking for my name and I didn't feel like giving it.

And I have an awesome last name. Tis amazing, but not so much for my sisters :p

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Not particularly.

My parents are devout Catholics so I got saddled with a Saint's name.
One that they didn't bother to check if it was perhaps more widely synonymous with the antagonist of a series of then popular horror movies.

My childhood was a living hell.

These days I don't really think about it that much since the only place I hear my name spoken out loud is at work. My friends and I all more or less refer to each other by our various nick names, pen names, pseudonyms or handles.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
I've been called by my middle name (Isaac) as opposed to my first name (Gordon) for 20 years. Safe to say it's strange when people call me it.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
karmachameleon said:
UncleUlty said:
I'm okay with it as it was a pretty uncommon name when I was younger(Eli), at least where I lived. Not that I hear it more often I kind of get jealous and protective of my name. I know it's silly but I can't help it.
Woo! Another Eli!
I'm actually the only Eli I've ever known, so it still seems rare to me.
When I was younger I didn't like it -- I wanted to be Eric. I thought that was the epitome of awesome names. Now I'm content with the rarity of my name.
Unfortunately, when I first attend a new class, and the professor takes role, they tend to pronounce it like the girl's name, "Ellie". Which confounds the fuck out of me. Eli is very simple to pronounce: Ee-Lye. Simple.
Teachers used to do that all the time to me especially substitutes and I got tthe shit teased out of me.Oddly enough the only time it happened in college my friends ended up making fun of the teacher for it instead.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
Adam, it's okay, I mean, thank god I didn't get a stupid name like Rylan or Aaron (no offence to people with those names)

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Another Michael here, it's kinda boring, but it fits me & it could have been much worse. I suppose i like it, but no child of mine will be named Michael.

BrotherSurplice

ENEMY MAN
Apr 17, 2011
PotluckBrigand said:
BrotherSurplice said:
Alexei. Its pretty unusual where I come from (Britain). I have yet to meet any other Briton called Alexei and have only heard of one other; the Liverpudlian comedian Alexei Sayle, the man I am named after.

But in answer to the question, yeah I do like it. Its not massively wierd, and only seems unusual to most people I meet because of where I'm from, but it's unusual enough to be interesting to a lot of people.

However, if one more person tells me its a girl's name I will beat them to death with a portrait of Alexei Leonov.
Congratulations! I entered you in my "Coolest Name" contest and you won! Your prize is nothing except you get to go through life with a badass name.

Ashley (the boy's name) wins runner-up. It's true here in the US it's almost exclusively a girl's name, but I always thought it sounded cooler for a guy.

Oh snap.

Thats actually pretty awesome. Now I love my name even more!

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
EeveeElectro said:
It's okay.
It's actually spelt Emily but I thought that was crap and boring, so I've been spelling it Emilee for the past 5/6 years now. Just thought I'd try be different in the sea of Emily's at my school xP
What have you done to our beautiful name? :(

Irishanime

Oct 31, 2011
I haven't seen if anyone else has my name or not, but I am kinda happy not a lot of people usually do(it's Morgan). I was the only Morgan in my schools until I got to High school. I got kinda disappointed in that. However I didn't like my name for a while because people used to make fun of me for it. Eventually I just stopped listening to the haters and enjoyed the fact that I didn't have to ask if the teacher wanted me or the other Morgan to answer them. : )

karmachameleon

Mar 31, 2009
UncleUlty said:
karmachameleon said:
UncleUlty said:
I'm okay with it as it was a pretty uncommon name when I was younger(Eli), at least where I lived. Not that I hear it more often I kind of get jealous and protective of my name. I know it's silly but I can't help it.
Woo! Another Eli!
I'm actually the only Eli I've ever known, so it still seems rare to me.
When I was younger I didn't like it -- I wanted to be Eric. I thought that was the epitome of awesome names. Now I'm content with the rarity of my name.
Unfortunately, when I first attend a new class, and the professor takes role, they tend to pronounce it like the girl's name, "Ellie". Which confounds the fuck out of me. Eli is very simple to pronounce: Ee-Lye. Simple.
Teachers used to do that all the time to me especially substitutes and I got tthe shit teased out of me.Oddly enough the only time it happened in college my friends ended up making fun of the teacher for it instead.
Yeah, it's how my friend and I, who also has a name that people mispronounce often, (Kamal, pronounced Kuh-Mall) use the professor's ability to pronounce our names as a gauge to determine what kind of teacher they'll be. It ends up being pretty accurate, I think.