Do you like your first name?

bleys2487

Oct 28, 2010
Maegan. It's Gaelic for my family in Scotland and Sweden.

I've never met a person who could spell it correctly the first time. I like it though. The 'ae' part looks neat lol.

TheMadJayWoman

Apr 24, 2009
I wouldn't have picked my first name, but I like it well enough (it's Shakespearean actually!), or at least I did until it became a really popular name in the US in the 90's. Now there are armies of talentless pop-tart celerities and spoiled little girls who have my name and it's very disturbing...

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
It's very common (Nicholas) but I like it. My parent's second choice was Michael, and I'm glad they went with Nick.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Sperium 3000 said:
My name is Diego, which is very damn common in Brazil, so I'm not that fond of it. However, all my American friends reacted with delight when I told them because apparently Diego sounds really badass to English speaking people, thus I like it a bit more now.
One of my former colleagues is called Diego (a Spaniard), and since our work e-mail addresses are composed of the first name and the first letter of the surname (well, his first surname, anyway), and said surname is Dey... oh boy, the telephone conversations when people were asking for him... diegod@ xxxxx.com... "Hi, can I speak to... 'Die God'?!"

So much so that that became his nickname at work, rather unsurprisingly!

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
My name is Nicholas, I like the name but its too long. Therefore I often tell people to just call me "Nick", but I hate it when people call me "Nico", and I think I like my "middle" name better (Jonathan). My last name however...annoys me to no end as LOTS of people misspell it very easily.

phyrexian

Feb 5, 2012
Shaunna.

People are always spelling it wrong and pronouncing it wrong, and it irks me quite a bit. I only let my American/Canadian friends pronounce it differently because they have accents and I'm too lazy to correct them.

But no, I don't really like my name. If I could, I'd change it to something a little more awesome and badass.

M Rotter

Dec 18, 2010
My name is Hillary, they exist and ive met a few, but never known any personally...and they all have the one L spelling (Hilary)...which is the male version....fortunately my parents figured out my gender and adjusted accordingly.

empa

Apr 6, 2011
My name is Emil (swedish)

very common name in sweden so i dislike it, but when im out of sweden i like it because its unusual anywhere else :)

but really though every other Emil i met in Sweden i disliked so yeah.. kind of like if you met someone with the same name as your bully, you would probably dislike him because they share the same name, sadly i share the name with my bullies (been bullied by like 3 guys named emil lol.. what are the odds xD)

Raven-Loveless

Mar 4, 2010
I like my first name because it is very rare for some who is my age to have, I mean I went through elementary, middle school, high school and most of college without running into another Mary and I personally think that is cool.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Well, you see, it demands a certain respect when you are theemporer. All must bow down to you in the streets and fall to your iron will!

...oh. You meant my real name. It's Derek. It's okay, I guess. There are some names I prefer, but it's not awful. It means "ruler of the people". So that's cool. It is odd, though, because it's a German name and I'm not German at all. Ah, well.

(I'm not going to say it but my middle name sucks. It sounds very flowery. )

Gammayun

Aug 23, 2011
I do like my first name yes , its very appropriate as i am a twin and the meaning of Thomas is twin, so my parent were very logical when naming me, plus it nice to a have a very common fist name compared to my very uncommon surname.

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
Its 'James'...What else can I say?..Classic name. Simple, well known and biblical....Makes me very forgettable...My middle name is 'Random'...That's not so common...but thats not the point...yeah, I'd rather be 'Nick' to be honest...my parents other choice.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Menno is the name i've bin given, but I got the nickname "Ozzy" since I have long hair and sunglasses exactly like his.
If you don't know dutch then there's a chance that you can't pronounce my name.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Amos. Apparently it has biblical references but my parents are the complete opposite of religious so hell if I know why they picked it.
As for my opinion? I like having a name that stands out, something irregular. Just wish it was something that sounded a lot better. Guess you can't win them all.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Tylar.

Sortof common considering there are plenty of "Tyler"s out there, yet mine is unique due to the way it's spelled in comparison to the norm. It's an uncommon-common name, which is something I indeed like. Plus I admittedly like the way it sounds, so yeah I do like my first name. ^-^

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Mmh forgot to add that i'm not 100% happy with my name, friends call me by my nickname anyway.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
I'm pretty happy with my name, Eric.

It's definitely better than Samuel, my middle name. I could never see myself as a "Sam".