Do you like your native language?

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, Estonian is okay, i suppose. I like all the neat letters it has in its alphabet, like üõö?. Good times. But yeah, don`t see anything wrong with the language.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
I do. Swedish can sound very nice indeed if you just use it properly. It can be horribly dull and uncreative in the wrong hands, and it's not always the easiest language to learn, but it's totally worth it. Plus, it's a great language for being angry.

Dags90 said:
It's alright, English. I'm glad I don't speak one of those wacky Scandinavian languages that's impossible to take seriously, Swedish and Dutch being the worst offenders.
*Gasp!*

Gatlopp!! D:<

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
English, I'm fine with it. Then again, I mis-pronounce words constantly. Combined with me introducing new words to my friends, I'm slowly spreading horribly mispronounced words among my peers.

As for a language I've liked learning so far: German. The grammar actually makes SENSE to me, I just have trouble remembering the vocab...

MadHatter1993

Jul 28, 2009
only person in my family that speaks Gaelic is my granddad, it used to be... a looooong time ago, still around....ish.... and the last bit is because i was taught Korean first, my mother, but i grew up in Doolin (small place near Limerick) and i spell it this way because no one would understand it... also Dia Duit!

RedRussian

Jun 7, 2010
English is fun, but it does not have a terribly interesting sound to it. Scandinavian languages are hilarious to listen to though. :D

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
The English language provides me with enough swear words to express my discontent in most any given situation, so I think it's alright. I think we're long overdue for a new swear word though. Any suggestions?

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
What's not to like, practically everyone understands it so it is basically easy mode.

English btw, of course you probably inferred that.

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
While English is undoubtedly a grammatical clusterfuck, it's also very flexible. It's easy to write eloquently in it because there are so many ways to say things that you'll almost never have to repeat words.

Also, while it may not be as "angry" as, say, German, English is great for insults. You can just mix and match anything. You unflinching cuntwagon.

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
I love English. I love how insane it is.

My right foot is bare, and so is my left - I have nothing on my feet! That's not a very good way to start the day. So I put a boot on my left foot, and then another on my right foot, and now that I'm wearing my two work beet on my feet it's time to go out and get the chore's done. I get up and walk out my back door and I see a mother moose and a baby moose, which make's me run back inside; you don't want to mess with moose. I'd rather have a flock of goose in my back yard; they can't kill you in a heartbeat. Not even a half dozen goose can kill you in a heartbeat, though they will make your ear's bleed with their honking.

So then I wait for an hour to see if our back yard was clear of the moose, and thankfully it was. Walking out to the back of the yard I received a call on my cellphone, which was odd because I beleived it was on silent yet it rang out loud. After I answered it, I looked at the screen to see why my phone was on. It too me a minute to notice the minute difference between the two icons on the screen, but then I made the required change and turned off the ringer.

To quote my favourite t-shirt: "English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, hits them in the head then goes through their pockets for loose grammar."

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
GonvilleBromhead said:
I love English - you can have so much fun with it. From the appeal of alliteration, to the ability to completely make up a word yet still have a entirely contranifious sentence, from it's standard prefixes and suffixes that mean that new words are easily concoctable, to it's colourful/colorful international variations
Kind of funny that you made so many mistakes here then.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Shax said:
The English language provides me with enough swear words to express my discontent in most any given situation, so I think it's alright. I think we're long overdue for a new swear word though. Any suggestions?
fluckle midget