Do you love Barney too? (Calhoun that is)

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
Ranzel said:
Off topic, but, what's up with people thinking theres going to be a Portal/Half-Life connection in Episode 3? I love the idea, but is it based upon anything? The only time Portal connects to half-life at all is when the computer mentions Black-Mesa in its song. Right?
Easter eggs in Portal and a whole thing in Episode 2 make it clear that there is a connection. They don't say outright that Barney will enjoy some cake, but I can only assume.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Ranzel said:
blackadvent said:
I like Barney as much as the next guy. But I want Adrian Shepard back.

My bet? He shows up with Barney and Chell with her Portal gun at the last parts of Episode 3, or they show up at the climax, forcing us to resort to reading fanfictions during the seven years it takes for Valve to continue the story from there.
Off topic, but, what's up with people thinking theres going to be a Portal/Half-Life connection in Episode 3? I love the idea, but is it based upon anything? The only time Portal connects to half-life at all is when the computer mentions Black-Mesa in its song. Right?
The Apture Science Center is Black Mesa's rival. They mention it a few times in Portal. I think it's pretty damn cool how you have to visit it. Saucy.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
PurpleRain said:
Ranzel said:
blackadvent said:
I like Barney as much as the next guy. But I want Adrian Shepard back.

My bet? He shows up with Barney and Chell with her Portal gun at the last parts of Episode 3, or they show up at the climax, forcing us to resort to reading fanfictions during the seven years it takes for Valve to continue the story from there.
The Apture Science Center is Black Mesa's rival. They mention it a few times in Portal. I think it's pretty damn cool how you have to visit it. Saucy.
don't forget in Ep2 they pretty much lay down the starting task of Ep3. The search for the Borealis, Aperture Science's ship. It disappeared from the dock (taking the dock with it), so one can only assume some kind of portal tech was onboard. And from the conversation between Eli and Issac it seems they are more than aware of Apertures doings in the past. It's seems a given that Aperture, GLaDOS, or the portal gun (or combination of the 3) will be incorporated into Ep3 in some form or another.

Damn Dirty Ape

Oct 10, 2007
Blue shift was very entertaining imo, ( where is doctor Rosenberg these days, was expecting him instead of that grumpy guy nobody knows in ep2 ) but I can't stand Barney in hl2 for some reason. He just annoys the heck outta me with his "I'm here for comedy relief buddy!" smile alawys staring at me. Too bad I can't crack his skull with the crowbar.

Yeh, I have issues.

alexhayter86

Feb 13, 2007
After opening a portal to an aggressive alien world during an otherwise uneventful day at the science lab, the first thing Gordon Freeman wanted was a gun.

Luckily, his dear friend Barney had one, and was at that moment occupied with shooting strange crab creatures attempting desperately to copulate with his face.

Upon meeting up with his old drinking pal, Gordon silently voiced his desire to be gifted with Barney's petite pistol. Alas, Barney was only gifted with 2 phrases in his vocabulary, and neither of them involved handing over weapons.

Sighing, Gordon raised his crowbar to his old friend's face and began to pummell it relentlessly.

After the deed was done, Gordon pried the pistol from his pal's fingers, and then set off on his quest to save Black Mesa, and the rest of humaniity.

-> This was how my adventures in the Half-Life universe began, in narrative format.

Ranzel

Oct 7, 2007
Thanks for the responses. I did infact play trough portal and Episode 2, so as I read your explanations I quickly realized that I have no ability to make connections. I remeber the Borealis bit at the end, but I guess I just missed the fact that it was an Aperature Science ship. Actually, going to go replay both Portal and the end of Episode 2, just for my own peace of mind.