Do you own games you haven't played yet?

FortheLegion

Dec 16, 2008
My Aunt gave me this maybe 10 years ago? I still haven't even opened it. I just have no interest in playing it.

M4t3us

Oct 13, 2009
Thanks to the peeps at Humble Bundle I now have around 20 games in my steam account I've never played... >.>

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Well DLC-wise
All of the DLC for Borderlands because my brother lost my disc before I was able to get to a point where I wanted to take my character into the DLC

Just about all the DLC for New Vegas (except Dead Money) because I keep letting my friend borrow it.

Physical CD-wise
I, like most gamers, got a ton of new games in November/December and I've been working my way through them (Battlefield 3, Deus Ex, Skyrim, MW3, Fifa 12, Gears 3) some I've played more than other but all of them I've played at least twice.

Until tonight I had only played Lost Planet once, because I hated. I'm still going to try to beat it, just in small doses.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Only Baldur's Gate II and Two Worlds II, the reason being: I'm going to finish the first games and then play them afterwards, which I guess is just common sense.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I have so many games I really should get on playing. It's just that my back log is so massive I don't know where to start.
I want to finish a few games I've already started first and after that we'll be in 2013 or dead. I probably have 50 games or more that I haven't played yet.

Johnnydillinger

Aug 16, 2011
I have a few that I didn't even try from those indie bundles too, like

Gratuitous Space Battles
Chocolate Castle
Dino D-Day
Fortix 2 (bought and playing with the first game atm)
Hacker Evolution Untold and Duality
Shadowgrounds: Survivor (love the first one though, will definitely play this)
Shank (only played the co-op at a friend yet)
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution (loved Episode 1, will probably wait until I get the DLC)
Your Doodles Are Bugged (dunno what that is...)
Zombie Shooter 1+2
Soulcaster I+II
Explodemon
All Star Soccer 5 (i think)
Munch's Oddyssee
The Oil Blue and that other bonus game from an Indie Royale

I also tried a lot of the rest but never played past the half an hour mark, but only because I have so many of them I can't even decide what to play.

There's some others on Steam too:

Breath of Death VII
Orcs Must die (well, tried it but you can't run it with a single-core CPU so that'll have to wait)
Space Empires V
Portal
Half Life 2 (and its episodes, played them all on Xbox alongside with Portal)
Magicka (same as Orcs, not running)
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy (will play it again once my PC is more stable, tried it at a friend)

There's some other PC retails I never even opened, like

Penumbra: Black Plague and Requiem (playing with Overture right now)
Max Payne Collection (played it ages ago though)
Jade Empire (same)
Trine and Braid (preferred playing it through Steam instead)

And tons for the Xbox, like

El Shaddai
Bayonetta
Modern Warfare 2 (might even sell this one)
Dragon Age 2
Fallout New Vegas
really there's way too much to list here. I just kinda lost interest in the console but kept buying games. Fallout 3 brought me back for a short time though. Or they should release Catherine in Europe already ._.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
XMark said:
I got Brutal Legend for the 360 in the middle of 2011 and have not played it yet.
go ahead and pop it in it takes about 8 hours to beat but its pretty good.

vic_elor

Dec 23, 2009
I just got around to playing my copy of Spryo: a new beginning. Its actually pretty good and I'm not really sure why it took so long to get around to it.

SausageAssassin

Dec 4, 2008
I bought Kingdoms of Amalur and was really looking forward to it but that got turned on its ass when I found a little gem called jagged alliance back in action... Super addictive.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Nope, getting a game is pretty rare for me. Normally one a year or two if I get one for Christmas/Birthday.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
LookingGlass said:
GameMaNiAC said:
LookingGlass said:
GOG:
- Planescape: Torment
- Baldur's Gate 2
- Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
- Freespace 2
- Jagged Alliance 2
- Sacrifice
- Ultima VII and the two Ultima Underworld games
- Enclave
OH GOD. Arcanum. My absolutely favorite game of all time. What is it still doing in your 'did not play' list? Well? Go play it. Now. I mean it.

It's the most open-ended role-playing game. Even today. It had its flaws and a few bugs, but the story is brilliant, the characters you encounter are deep and believable (especially your companions, I'd even compare them to Mass Effect's companions. Some of them, at least). And let's not even mention the enormous amount of NPC responses for your character, depending on how you made him/her.

Seriously, it's an amazing game. Play it next. Do it!
I actually only heard about it recently on this very forum. I couldn't believe I'd never heard of it before... it seems right up my alley. I loved V:TM - Bloodlines, so seeing Troika as the developer sealed the deal. Unless something odd happens, I shall start playing today.
Trust me, you shall not regret it. The game starts out in quite an interesting way, though the first area has little interaction and what-not, so don't let it put you off.

And oh, don't forget to put the combat onto 'turn-based' instead of 'real time' in the options. Feel free to try out real time, but you'll see why I say so. It's quite unbalanced, too fast and overall not fun, in short.

And persuasion, intelligence, beauty and charisma heavily affect dialogue options. That's what you might want to keep in mind too.

So, those are my tips for you. And last but not least, have fun! Your first playthrough happens only once.

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
Somewhere on my Steam account, there are a few games I haven't played (on PC that is, courtesy of owning a 6-year-old Mac with an integrated Intel GMA 950, which is Source engine-incompatible, but I've played on 360), like both Portals, TF2 and Garry's Mod (which I won in the Steam holiday achievements thing)

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
I picked up Stalker during the Steam holiday sale, booted it up once and immediately found the camera sway nauseating. Not playing that game until I can fix that - which I totally can right now, the tools are available to do exactly that ... I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I also picked up The Void, but haven't really played that yet. But in that case, it's because it's really one of those mood games, so you need to be in the right headspace to properly appreciate it. It'll happen when it happens.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Tens of games picked up as part of indie bundles and in steam sales, and also Skyward Sword. I hate to be a stereotype, but getting a girlfriend has meant that I now have a lot less time for games...

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Lukeje said:
Tens of games picked up as part of indie bundles and in steam sales, and also Skyward Sword. I hate to be a stereotype, but getting a girlfriend has meant that I now have a lot less time for games...
Haha, don't feel bad man. I had to break up with my last girlfriend because I didn't have enough time for games anymore...either that or that she was bat shit insane.

corvanjer

Nov 28, 2011
CoD:Black Ops - Mainly because of the fact that it has shit support for most processor's making it unplayable :'(. (I really wanted to shoot some zombie heads.)