Do you own games you haven't played yet?

SweetNess_666

Sep 2, 2009
Dead space 2 springs to mind, got it couple of years ago and only briefly played it, am stuck in a mw3 and FIFA12 loop right now lol

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Doom/Doom2 bought it them on steam
my Xbox in general
a bunch of Dreamcast games (the guy who sold me the DC also gave a bag full of copied games)
Megaman Battle Network Transmission
a Medabots game on the NGC
Metro 2033
STALKER Call Of Pripyat
BIOS/BIOS2
a few GBA games
Pokemon HG (I,m at the entrance of the Victory road.)
HAWX 2 (got it for free from Steam as a Christmas gift) for some reason I suck at landing the plane.
recently picked FO3 backup again but mods somehow made it unstable to the point of nearly being unplayable.

my Anime backlog is even bigger....

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Infamous 2
Uncharted
driver: san fransisco

and a whole bunch Ive started but havnt finished..hell I got deadspace 2 on launch and STILL havnt finished it

ThirdPrize

May 14, 2009
Gears of War 2, Lego Batman and a FIFA. All for the 360 and all brought for about £20 in total. Will never play FIFA but would like to play the Lego one.

Triangulon

Nov 20, 2009
Far too many. My steam games list has upwards of 90 games, and not all are old or indie games. I simply do not have the time to play that many anymore. I still get tempted by sales and bundles though!

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
About half of my collection is unplayed. I had a fair bit of money saved up so I brought about 20 games in a month and a half and I'm still catching up, mostly because I played Fallout 3 for about 4 months. I'm very slowly getting through it now because I don't have as much free time as I used to.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
GameMaNiAC said:
Trust me, you shall not regret it. The game starts out in quite an interesting way, though the first area has little interaction and what-not, so don't let it put you off.

And oh, don't forget to put the combat onto 'turn-based' instead of 'real time' in the options. Feel free to try out real time, but you'll see why I say so. It's quite unbalanced, too fast and overall not fun, in short.

And persuasion, intelligence, beauty and charisma heavily affect dialogue options. That's what you might want to keep in mind too.

So, those are my tips for you. And last but not least, have fun! Your first playthrough happens only once.
I've been playing it for most of the last 6-7 hours. Had a break for dinner when I suddenly realised how late it was getting. Movement is annoying and my companion has a habit of running into danger and getting himself killed. And like all old-school RPGs, I have to quicksave before travel because the random encounters have a habit of pitting me against impossible foes (for my level).

Other than that, I'm really enjoying it. I really like the whole magic vs. technology thing and how it fits into the world (and gameplay). I've been to Dernholm and Blackroot and I just travelled to Tarant and stopped for the night. It seems to have a nice amount of the fallout style of questing, where there are a bunch of solutions for each quest and which you can do depend on your skillset. The levelling system is interesting too, although I find myself stockpiling points for a few levels before deciding where to invest them.

The real-time combat option has its place... I like to use it to just wail on weaker creatures. But for anything tough, it's just too damn fast. You're dead before you even decide on which enemy to attack. The first time I tried it, my guy fired off all 14 arrows he had in about 5 seconds.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
TLS14 said:
BENZOOKA said:
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Metro 2033
These three. Play them. Now. You'll thank me.

OT: Quite a few Steam games, and FFXIII-2 (just got it in the mail, unboxing it)
I got Metro 2033 because it was on a massive sale and it's supposed to go really well with NVidia 3D Vision, which I recently ordered drunk and liked after trying to never return, which is why I can't afford to buy food anymore.

So I'll definitely try it at some point. But okay, you'll get a thankful hug in the dead of the night when you least expect it. Enjoy your FFXIII-2.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Yes. Final Fanatasy 2, 4, 5, and 6, and the enitre Legacy of Kain series. I'll get to them eventually.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
I really don't have many of those. The only games I have never played that I own are ones on Steam:

- GTA III
- GTA IV
- GTA: Episodes from Liberty City
- GTA: Vice City
- Half Life 2: Lost Coast
- TF2 Beta

Looking at that list makes me wonder why I ever bought the GTA complete pack. The only other titles in that list are free...

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Catfood220 said:
I bought Infamous 2 sometime last year for full price, I still haven't played it. Annoyingly, I can now buy Infamous 2 for a fraction of the price. If only I had waited until I was ready to play it before I bought it, I could hav saved myself a fair bit of cash. Yes, I'm an idiot.

Vault101 said:
Infamous 2
play it!!! play it now!!!

OT: LA Noire, it's sat there looking pretty, but I've got no interest

York_Beckett

Sep 23, 2010
Oh boy...

- The Getaway
- Second Sight
- Timesplitters: Future Perfect
- Bayonetta
- Kameo: Elements of Power
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Battlefield: Bad Company
- Bioshock 2
- Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
- Samurai Warriors
- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
- Just Cause 2
- Metroid Prime: Corruption
- No More Heroes
- Darkness Within 1 & 2
- Airblade
- Armored Core 3 & Nexus
- Atelier Iris 3
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
- Champions: Return to Arms
- Crimson Tears
- Downhill Domination
- Drakengard
- Fantavision
- Firefighter F.D 18
- Stretch Panic
- Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde
- Godai: Elemental Force
- Hyper Street Fighter 2
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
- Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
- McFarlane's Evil Prophecy
- Mr Moskeeto
- Odin Sphere
- Rogue Ops
- Shadow Hearts: Covenant
- Sky Odyssey
- Smuggler's Run 2
- Steambot Chronicles
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent
- Urban Chaos: Riot Response
- Way of the Samurai
- World Destruction League: WarJetz
- Xenosaga 2
- Xyanide Resurrection
- Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
- Legend of Dragoon
- Final Fantasy VII & VIII
- Martian Gothic: Unification
- Nightmare Creatures
- Tunnel B1
- Ubik
- Colony Wars 3: Red Sun
- Medievil 2
- Silent Bomber
- Wipeout 3
- 007: Agent Under Fire
- Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
- Trigger Man
- Zone of the Enders

I should really get around to playing some of this stuff.

Archl

Mar 19, 2010
Amnesia: the dark descent

Not that I don't have time to play it, just that I rarely have time during the day...

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
LookingGlass said:
I've been playing it for most of the last 6-7 hours. Had a break for dinner when I suddenly realised how late it was getting. Movement is annoying and my companion has a habit of running into danger and getting himself killed. And like all old-school RPGs, I have to quicksave before travel because the random encounters have a habit of pitting me against impossible foes (for my level).

Other than that, I'm really enjoying it. I really like the whole magic vs. technology thing and how it fits into the world (and gameplay). I've been to Dernholm and Blackroot and I just travelled to Tarant and stopped for the night. It seems to have a nice amount of the fallout style of questing, where there are a bunch of solutions for each quest and which you can do depend on your skillset. The levelling system is interesting too, although I find myself stockpiling points for a few levels before deciding where to invest them.

The real-time combat option has its place... I like to use it to just wail on weaker creatures. But for anything tough, it's just too damn fast. You're dead before you even decide on which enemy to attack. The first time I tried it, my guy fired off all 14 arrows he had in about 5 seconds.
I'm quite glad you're liking the game. Well, real-time does have its uses sometimes, but turn-based is where the main combat is at. And yes, the friendly AI can be quite frustrating at times, though if I remember correctly, you can give them commands using F1 - F12.

Also, you gain a point every time you level up, and two points every five levels, with the maximum level being 50. There's also a mod to remove the level cap, or just increase it to 127, in case you'd like that.

And well, if you've any questions about the game, feel free to PM me, since we're going slightly off-topic here.

Lord-Enonymous

Sep 26, 2011
Hehe, I own plenty of games like that.

The ones that spring into mind though are Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City that I got for Christmas and haven't played. Also, Phoenix Wright; Trials and Tribulations, which I just got the other day in the mail.

Seems like every time I try to pick up and beat a game 100%, two more pop up that I forgot about, wether it's ones I got or just ones that are on sale in stores now.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
Not often, but it is happening more and more recently. Damn Steam sales, I love you so much, yet hate you so much more.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
I haven't played RDR, DA2, The Witcher, DE:HR or Skyrim yet, and still don't even have Witcher 2 or KOA. I finished DAO but only stared awakening. I wanna finish it so I can play DA2 and find out whether or not it really does suck, but I expect it not to. All this backlog is due to MMOs. I bought but had to cancel actually playing 2W2 and D2:DKS or at least until I finish everything else cos they are just not good enough compared to everything else in the list.