Do you play games of the same series back to back?

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
Eh...sometimes. The shorter the game, the easier it is.

I'm currently playing through the Ratchet & Clank Collection, and I fully intend to continue with the PS3 games when I'm done.

But I'd have a hard time staying interested in something like the Mass Effect series for like 100 hours or more.

Judgment90

Sep 4, 2012
I currently spent an entire month replaying the Suikoden series (except for Tactics and Tierkeis) mainly due to lack of other things to play.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I do this a lot. I've done it most with Sonic, Zelda, and Mega Man games, but I've also done Metroid, Half-Life, Devil May Cry, Halo, God of War, Mass Effect, and I think Kirby, too.
I'm probably missing a few more.

A friend and I have a tradition that we've had since 2006- every two years, we play a few Zelda games in a marathon- Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and now Skyward Sword. We also did Majora's Mask once, but only once because that game really pisses me off at times.
And I know Kirby looks kind of out of place. But I love those games.

So yeah. There's that. I do a lot of this.

EDIT: Oh, and I spent the first half of the past summer playing every Kingdom Hearts game in story order to psyche myself up for Dream Drop Distance. It worked.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
Most of the times, yes, unless the first game of a series is SO far behind our times or its really different to those further in the same series that its just not worth it (or both).

Example: The elder scroll series. I would have liked to play the 1st one and then go from there, but I belive its fairly obvious why I didnt do that, the game is SO old than it literally simply dosnt exists anymore! (Not like I would have liked to play it, judging why how old the 2nd installament looks). So I choose Skyrim to start. And now, here I am, looking forward to the next ones, Good series (for what I played...)

Also wanted to play the first Dead rising (I bring this series too much here idk why), but since its not on pc, its kinda hard...

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Yes, the original Sonic the Hedgehog trilogy. I mean, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles actually were intended to be one game (fully realized when locked-on as Sonic 3 & Knuckles), but they had to split them in two games because of development time, or something like that. That explains why Sonic & Knuckles is short compared to the other games (especially when playing as Knuckles), and why Tails wasn't playable.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Most times. Although I won't ever play a sequel unless I've played the game that comes before it. I just finished Darksiders, starting up Darksiders II now. Unless the games have fuckall to do with one another. Like Final Fantasy, for example.