Do you preorder anymore

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
not unless I've found some good previews by credible sources, like TB or AngryJoe (except colonial marines, but noone saw that wreck before it pulled in the station).

I've not regretted any preorders I've made, but then I made very few, War of the Roses, XCOM and Skyrim come to mind, but not much else and I enjoyed these extensively.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
omega 616 said:
Another factor is the dev, I don't usually get into the "politics" of gaming. If EA releases something I like the look of, I will be more inclined to pre order. And the other hand indie and little known devs are a detractor, as I don't know what they're like (like Bethesda are known for being buggy but grand scale).
I'm almost the opposite. I don't really pre-order stuff much, or even buy stuff at launch for full price, but I am much more likely to support a small studio or random indie dev team who's trying something unusual and interesting because they're trying something different than I am to just throw more money at someone like EA for yet another AAA game. I do some research and don't just give money away indiscriminately, but because to some extent I value new experiences over fancy, big budget ones, I figure the guys who don't even have a publisher who are trying something new probably need my support a little bit more. Different tastes for different people, I suppose. And then I go play some of the AAA stuff later when it goes on sale anyway. Heh.
I'll buy and play indie games... Off the top of my head I bought spaz before release. I got a good number of indies from paying a respectable amount on a (charity thing, that I can't for the life of me remember the name of.... You know the one where you pay as much as you want and you can choose who gets what portion of your donation).

I am just less inclined to do so. I know AAA studios have a better production chance cos of there bankroll, indies don't always have the cash to sort glitches/bugs. I know there isn't a 100% true fact, as many AAA games have plenty of problems.

EDIT : humble bundle is what I was thinking of

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Never stopped.

Oh look a cancellable guaranteed copy of a game or more rare special edition first day, without even having to put money down?
Yeah, I'm getting shafted.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I pre-ordered HoTS the other day. I was price checking it on battlenet, and noticed my account had glitched and was showing what the price should have been in AUD, but was in another weaker currency.

I swooped on that an pre-ordered, saved myself about $20