Do you put helmets on your characters?

Dutch 924

Making the impossible happen!
Dec 8, 2010
If the helmet has some benefit, or looks cool, I might wear it.

They have to be helmets though. That's why I don't understand TF2 hats

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Usually not. Unless the helmet gives me some really good stats or abilities, I just go hatless or try to choose the least obstructing (while still aesthetically fitting) hat.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Most of the time I walk around without one, but helmets are essential in battle. so I'll put them on when I need to.

Takolin

Aug 21, 2011
It depends.

If the game has the option to hide ugly helmets, I wear a helmet and turn of the visual. If the game doesn't allow me to hide, I usually wear a helmet.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I pretty much always put the helmet even if is a option to not wear it. I view my character with the armour on as a whole including the helmet so without it, it look incomplete.

Minjoltr

Aug 6, 2008
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Trolls look a bit derpy with helmets so my WoW helmet is invisible. I tend to favour specific helmets in Elder Scrolls games - The Gondolier Helm in Morrowind, the Dark Seducer Helm in Oblivion. Any old headgear will not do.

taylorton147

Feb 17, 2011
i have always been a fan of helmets, gas masks and so on
i like the emotionless professional feel they give, also gives of a shady, stealthy kind of feeling i like too

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
no, Mass Effect 2 is a prime example the helmets don't vanish in cutscenes so I can't see my shep! (though I'll make an exception for the Garrus like eye visor)

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Most of the time? Yes.

Unless I'm console-ing in Oblivion, then I wear civilian clothes for shiggles.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Even though I would like to see my character's head, I hate incomplete armour. So if I have a helmet, I wear it.
That is the reason why, in my current playthrough of Morrowind, I am focusing on the "No armour" skill. Heh.

an_luas

Jun 27, 2010
Hell no! If my character can't take a bullet or arrow to the face then he/she doesnt deserve to live!

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I play elder scrolls games in First Person, since I don't see the helm most of the time I don't care.

In Third Person games I usually opt out of head projection.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Mittens The Kitten said:
I'm a min maxer, if I can get a tenth of a percent to crit chance for it, i'd put a grass skirt and a parka on my fallout3 character.
Yup. Anything for the stat boosts man. Anything!

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
Most games I will wear it for the stats, unless it looks truly awful then I will use a lesser but more appealing helmet until I can find an even better one but sometimes just forgo it in single player games.

In MMO's I will always have it on regardless and hope they have a hide helmet option if it's bad. I don't think I have ever shown my helmet on Aion once, the characters look really nice in that game and the helmets are mostly awful.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
putowtin said:
no, Mass Effect 2 is a prime example the helmets don't vanish in cutscenes so I can't see my shep! (though I'll make an exception for the Garrus like eye visor)
I just stopped wearing helmets all together even on insanity. I don't really care for the extra 5% damage/health.

Sep 14, 2009
Terminate421 said:
I prefer helmeted Characters always, but the helmet must look cool.

Like so:

Gears of war:

Halo:

Fallout:

Dead Space:

this

if the helmet is cool beyond fucking belief?

you bet your ass i'm wearing it, i don't care if my face isn't showing or if it doesn't have that great of stats.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
I will put it on for stat bonuses if applicable but if there is an option to turn the graphic off I usually do.