Do you still watch Zero Punctuation every week?

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Yupp, for the most part. I sometimes forget and watch it on Friday, but I enjoy Zero Punctuation a bit too much. He's part of my Wednesday internet routine!

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
The first Yahtzee review I ever watched was his Super Smash Bros Brawl review. I have NEVER missed a review since then.

As many have said, it's the highlight of my Wednesday.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
mrc390 said:
ResonanceGames said:
Eh, it's starting to get a little stale, but I watch most of them. Now that AntiSocialFatman died (RIP dude, you were too young!) Yahtzee is the best sarcastic game-reviewing Brit left.
Are you comparing AntiSocialFatman to fucking Yahtzee?
Actually it was more of a passing reference, since I just found out that he died. But I think it's hilarious that you're so upset by the comparison. Yes, I preferred AntiSocialFatman to Yahtzee. What's it to you?

The Breadcrab

Mar 20, 2011
Ghengis John said:
Crono1973 said:
I have noticed that I rarely watch Zero Punctuation these days. Don't know why, I just don't. Do you watch it less now than you used to?
Haven't watched them in almost half a year now. Don't plan to start up again. Got sick of him. That whole "pay me the long green or else I won't show up to pax" stunt just sort of sealed the deal. Too much negativity. Too crude. Too narrow minded. I never liked his defense of "I don't review games, I'm a game critic". Roger Ebert is film critic, that doesn't mean he goes out of his way to hate everything he sees.

The guy's also been flat out wrong a lot of times. I liked how his two worlds two panning revolved so centrally around the fact that "there's no tactile difference between number pad 4 and number pad five." My response: "Uh yes there is you dullard..." I want you run your fingers along them both... right now. You should notice most num pad 5's have a divot on the five. Tactile. Difference.

When a columnist gets something flatly wrong and never fesses up to it it always tells me they're not worth following anymore. A real man can own up to his mistakes.
Exactly what I was thinking (regarding being wrong some times). I have some examples myself:

- The Darkness Demo: He got stuck at the gate, not knowing what to do. Not really realizing that when the level starts, there's a man in front of you that tells you how to open the gate. (shoot the electricity box)
- Killzone 3: He stated you can't assign aiming to the triggers. Yes you can! How long did the guy spend in the options menu?
- Resistance: He didn't know Resistance 1 had a health-pack system, and dismissed it as another "brown shooter" with regen health, without even playing it. Talk about ignorance.
- Mindjack: He got the boss fight wrong. Not that I really blame him as it is vague, but a lot of other reviewers figured it out, a lot earlier than Yahtzee reviewed it. Lack of research.

I'm certain there were other times I found him to be wrong. It's fine if he makes mistakes, but he never addresses them, which is a bit of a problem.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
I watch Yahtzee, LRR and bob, and of course Miracle on the days they come out.

Kwik won

Oct 14, 2011
fucking ay i do, i remember first seeing them last yeah and watching every ep back to back and then watching every one weekly

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
I've been watching it every week for several years. I also watch Bob's stuff and Jim every week. I used to watch LRR, Unskippable, and Spoiler Warning every week, but that kind of stopped after summer. I'll probably let it built up till June and then watch all of them in a big marathon.

Sumrex

Apr 4, 2010
yes its one of the highlights in a normal droll week, plus its one of the few things that makes me really laugh nowadays.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Yep. I still enjoy it but definitely not as much as I used to. Remember after watching your first few episodes? To me he was the funniest thing on the internet. And I could only make out half of what he said =P

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Given that my browser stopped loading the videos on this site (and elsewhere) after updating it, no. Not really.

I can't view anything that uses the "embed" tag.
(it will still download the audio; but not the video component. It's weird. No, a reinstall did not fix the issue, neither did disabling/enabling my plugins/add-ons, neither did the flash update.)

Continuity

May 20, 2010
I dont spend as much time here now EC has gone, so I frequently miss a week or twos ZP eps, but then I'll drop by and catchup. So yes i'm watching them, but i'm not eagerly awaiting each ep like I used to. I think i've got slightly jaded with Yahtzee TBH, hes a cynical console gamer (i'm a PC gamer) who doesn't like any of the genre I do... So him being funny is only going to carry so far.

I definitely think hes not as funny as he used to be though. Watch some of his old eps and compare them to the new ones...

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
It goes up about 4am Thursday my local time and I get up at 6, so I usually pop it on while I'm getting ready for work.

Dunkerloop

Aug 8, 2011
I watch it mainly because most shows/webseries/comics/blogs I watch/read update on Wednesdays, so I already know I'm going to be spending a lot of time on the internet anyways.

Saibh

Jul 15, 2010
Provided I have played the game or am really interested (or if I've played a previous game in that series). His critiques are a lot more enjoyable if you understand what he's going on about.

Deathninja19

Dec 7, 2009
00slash00 said:
i dont watch as religiously as i used to, but him and jim and the only shows on here that i still keep up with every week

i still find it funny that i used to be like "kick jim off this site!" and now im like, "new jimquisition episode...squee!"
Yeah he does grow on you. I think what's best about Jim is that he does explain himself well so that you can understand his points even if you don't agree with them.

OT I still watch ZP but it's become more out of habit than genuine enjoyment, I think Yahtzee has grown bored with ZP and is just doing it for the extra cash which is sad but then again it must be hard to do the same thing every week and keep the quality consistant.