Doctor Who: Episode 9: Cold Blood [SPOILERS]

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Trebort said:
Dr Who has gone down hill with Matt Smith and that ginger lass. Both poor actors. Billie Piper would be an improvement, and thats saying something. Bring back David Tennant. Much better actor. Dr Who seems to have dumbbed down a little since his departure. :(

I don't know why I watch it anymore, really.
Because you secretly know it's still awesome :D

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I totally called Rory dying. I mean, the Doctor always need a love interest. It's just how he rolls.

KeyMaster45 said:
dammit man, can you at least wait till the episode is posted online for us yanks to see?
Pah, you guys get evertyhing. This is our ace in the hole. If any of you ever annoy us, we whip out Doctor Who spoilers.

Trebort said:
Dr Who has gone down hill with Matt Smith and that ginger lass. Both poor actors.
I'm going to have to disagree there. As much as I loved Tennant, I prefer Smith. His boyish charm is just too awesome. Plus, his companion is smoooookiiiing!

robakerson

Feb 19, 2010
Who's this Rory guy everyone keeps talking about?
Must be an extra or someone I didn't really pay attention to...

I just re-watched all of my recordings of this series to make sure there's nothing I missed, right up to the end of this week's episode, and I'm pretty sure there's no-one named 'Rory'.
[/flippant]

Thought it was a solid two-parter. I much liked the dream lord episode better, but I agree (with whomever said) that this series has an upward trend in quality so far. I hope they keep Smith on for another series, or at least for all the between series specials, as I see him getting better over time (I personally wouldn't mind another series with Amy, either, but all this crack-in-time business has me wondering what sort of strange predicaments the characters will get into at the end of this year).

Legend of J

Feb 28, 2010
Next week feels like its the monster from children of the corn (the bit where its going through the fields).

Tuddle

Nov 12, 2009
Chrono212 said:
TimeLord said:
Chrono212 said:
Ok, now your starting to scare me
Yay? How so?
Just, I've yet to get around to see all the classic episodes (i.e. pre-2005) and so I don't know anything before then :p
That's better then me I started watching this show at the beginning of Season 5 (New Series).

GreatVladmir

May 25, 2008
LavaLampBamboo said:
GreatVladmir said:
I was praying Amy would get killed off in that episode, but, eh, we can all wish. I am pretty sad that Rorys gone, he was pretty cool and was played really, really well and I was left speecheless by the peice of the TARDIS in the time crack, litterally I was like :O
Perhaps the cracks themselves are caused by a Tardis ASPLOSION.
Perhaps, if so than when it happens, that is the end of Doctor Who, and he only has one regen left aswell so either way, it will end :/

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
GreatVladmir said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
GreatVladmir said:
I was praying Amy would get killed off in that episode, but, eh, we can all wish. I am pretty sad that Rorys gone, he was pretty cool and was played really, really well and I was left speecheless by the peice of the TARDIS in the time crack, litterally I was like :O
Perhaps, if so than when it happens, that is the end of Doctor Who, and he only has one regen left aswell so either way, it will end :/
If memory serves he has two regens left, because the one with the hand didn't count according to RTD... It seems like it's breaking the rules but whatever. I reckon that when it gets to 13, he'll get a new body, like the Master did once.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
I dont like doctor who now, they made it into classic modern media.

Good guy = Jesus
Bad guy = Hitler

Theres no inbetween and the bad guy is a totally unrelatable character whos sole intention in life is to be a dick bag for no reason. I hate that about movies today. Give EVERYONE an understandable character. The doctors "make the world a better place" made me cringe, i mean come on!

Also the earth. The Doctor cant save anything else now, it adds "drama" to save the earth over and over again. In the old good doctor who he would save a space ship or a small town or a small town on another planet. Or some unlucky individuals.

Saves earth from angels.
Saves earth from fish.
Saves earth from lizards.
Saves earth from darleks.
Saves earth from Prison ship.

Its getting very very dull.

EDIT: the Tardis give away, because to call that a "hint" wouldnt be an insult to hints everwhere makes it so obvious the tardis explodes. It doesnt take too much reasoning.

If i see earth or london again in doctor who il kill someone, i really will. Its about ALIENS and TIME TRAVEL! I want to see other planets for the love of God. He always goes at the very start "i can take you anywhere in the universe" but he never does.

Cardiff, london, venice, london, cardiff, london, cardiff, london.

The times may change but its still boring.

tweedpol

Nov 19, 2009
I was very cross at the whole rory erasal thing, they missed a perfect opportunity to use their own made up rules to save the day, which they tend to do all the time:
1) drag rory into tardis 2) drag mental lizard woman into crack 3) rory never got shot, the talks were never derailed by george w lizard 4) house party.
gr. they've probably got some kind of plan, but i can't believe no one saw the massive plot hole there.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
BiscuitTrouser said:
BBC Wales doesn't have an unlimited budget. Do you know how expensive it would be to have a different alien world every episode?

Answer: Very.

GreatVladmir

May 25, 2008
LavaLampBamboo said:
GreatVladmir said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
GreatVladmir said:
If memory serves he has two regens left, because the one with the hand didn't count according to RTD... It seems like it's breaking the rules but whatever. I reckon that when it gets to 13, he'll get a new body, like the Master did once.
Mmmmm, did't know he had 2 left, butI don't think he will get them reset like the master, but I don't think they will end it, thus they will break all known law over there knee with a sickining crack lol

dragontiers

The Temporally Displaced
Feb 26, 2009
I know I'm late to the party, but I'm American and just watched this episode. I feel like I'm part of the Tardis crew, but from a previous era than everyone else, and I keep having to cover my ears and go "la la la spoilers" whenever you start talking about anything that hasn't happened in my time-line yet. Perhaps my title should be The Temporally Displaced.

I was so angry at the end of the episode. I thought this 2-parter had really done wonders for Rory, forcing him to toughen up and grow a spine. I also thought it really showed his depth of character, by him insisting on bringing the homo-reptilian body with them and not trying to hide it in any way, even though he knew it would likely end with their death and the possibility of sparking a huge war on earth. He was really starting to develop as an actual person, then they go and kill him off. I was so pissed off after the episode ended (which just goes to show how good I think it is, that it actually evoked an emotional response from me). And then Amy lacks the willpower to remember him after he gets erased from time. The book-ending of the episode ("I thought I saw somebody else") almost got me teary-eye too. Hopefully you guys are right and there is some loophole to bring him back.

Although I thought the mother was stupid, she was believable (to me) because she was so worried. Her husband and son were abducted, her father was poisoned, and the only one who could help her was constantly taunting her and being generally a pain in the ass. I can see where she was coming from, but I still wanted to slap her, and anyone who let her spend any time with the prisoner.