Doctor Who: Episode 9: Cold Blood [SPOILERS]

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Here we go again....

A very emotional episode at the end.

I for one am going to miss Rory, hopefully there will be a way to bring him back if the Doctor stops the explosion that causes the cracks in time

And finding a piece of the TARDIS in the crack in time!

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
dammit man, can you at least wait till the episode is posted online for us yanks to see? /angry face. (I was actaully able to write this with my eyes shut to avoid spoilers)

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
KeyMaster45 said:
dammit man, can you at least wait till the episode is posted online for us yanks to see? /angry face. (I was actaully able to write this with my eyes shut)
I said spoilers.....

EDIT: That is ok then....

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Pretty good episode overall. The mother of that boy is a complete idiot, i would of left her to be shot. It's sad that Rory is gone but maybe Amy can get with the Doctor now eh? :D
And, OMGWTF a piece of the tardis in the crack in time? Holy crap.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Surely...If Rory is dead, then so would Amy and The Doctor. I swear he's helped save them in the past, and without him, The Doctor wouldn't have been able to save the Earth from that flying eye thing.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
PurpleLeafRave said:
Surely...If Rory is dead, then so would Amy and The Doctor? I swear he's helped save them in the past, and without him, The Doctor wouldn't have been able to save the Earth from that flying eye thing?
Yes but that would be one of the non-fixed points in time where the past can be written/un-written

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009

My reaction to Rory's getting erased in time. However, I applaud the writers for taking that much of a risk in killing him off. Overall, definitely a good episode. Examining human nature and the politics of lizard people from the Jon Pertwee era.

Oh, and this crack in time business is really starting to interest me. Way more than the Bad Wolf, Torchwood or Saxon foreshadowing did, I have to say.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
TimeLord said:
PurpleLeafRave said:
Surely...If Rory is dead, then so would Amy and The Doctor? I swear he's helped save them in the past, and without him, The Doctor wouldn't have been able to save the Earth from that flying eye thing?
Yes but that would be one of the non-fixed points in time where the past can be written/un-written
Oh right. I thought that was just with events not people.

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
Finding a piece of the TARDIS in the crack was a jaw drop moment for me.
And I too shall miss Rory, who will do silly stuff like using a broom as a sword now?!?!?
PurpleLeafRave said:
Surely...If Rory is dead, then so would Amy and The Doctor. I swear he's helped save them in the past, and without him, The Doctor wouldn't have been able to save the Earth from that flying eye thing?
I thought the same thing with the soldiers last time. They really helped cover all the angles and without as much gunfire illuminating the dark patch surely the angels would have got them?

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Goddammit. Rory... :(

And TARDIS-plosion. That'll be something to see (I know their gonna avoid it somehow, but I still want to see how).

Also, does anyone else feel that this series of Doctor Who has picked up in quality as it's gone on? I mean, the Eleventh Hour was good, but Victory of the Daleks... urgh. This week was very good, with a lot more emotion than I would expect at this point in the series.

But still, I'm hoping that Rory gets brought back. Somehow...

Xelt

May 11, 2008
Anythin that touches time crack is removed from time, so how did The Doctor go and grope around in it ?

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
Pretty sad episode all in all.

The first half was a bit dull, but it certainly picked up later on, and Rory's death was the second most depressing scene I've seen in Doctor Who(The first being Donna's forget me not scene). I didn't much like the losing memory of people recycling though.

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
Surely the destruction of a TARDIS wouldn't cause that much damage? I mean, dozens at least were destroyed during the timewar

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
While I'm going to miss Rory, it satisfies me that they had the guts to finish someone like him off. It was likely just a coincidence that earlier on today I was lamenting to myself that few shows I see these days ever kill of fairly major characters.

It's sad that despite Amy's emotional outburst, moments later she's back to her old self as if nothing ever happened. In a way, the viewers are the only ones aware of the loss.

That said, now that he's not just dead, but erased from existence altogether, I do hope it stays that way. Though there may still be a chance to see again - the Doctor did mention that the non-fixed time would create a different timeline, possibly one in which Rory is still alive. They'd just need to find a way to get the TARDIS into that timeline....

It's going to be interesting to see how the crack of time comes about, now that we've seen that little fragment of the TARDIS in there. One wonders what could damage the TARDIS in some way to leave behind such small pieces....

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Dammit, every time I make thread about a new ep TimeLord beats me to the punch. I speed typed and you still did it first. Oh well I'll stop bitching like a little girl and actually give my opinion. It was harrowing, it was so depressing. And on the EXTREMLY off chance that the writers of the show are watching this
[HEADING=1]DO NOT FORCE A ROMANCE BETWEEN THE DOCTOR AND AMY. I DON'T THINK YOU WILL, BUT PLEASE DONT ANYWAY.[/HEADING]
EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to say I think the light from the crack is the heart of the tardis.

Sam G

Jul 14, 2009
See, I reckon Rory just got warped through time to some point, and he's gonna meet up with the Doctor in some dystopian future having taken a level in badass...

Or maybe I'm just in denial...

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Well it wasn't as cool as last week's episode, but I still enjoyed it. The trouble with the voice over at the beginning was I kept expecting him to say "Here I am Brain the size of a Planet". The mystery deepens about the cracks in time. Maybe the event will be the explosion of the TARDIS.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Gaaah, poor Rory. So sad... But at least it wasn't Wilfred.

Anyways, show her the ring! Then she'll remember.

Oh, and what will the crack do now? It's not plugged up, or did I miss something?