Doctor Who Gets His New Costume

Shaidz

Jul 8, 2012
Very sharp, very sharp indeed...
Though a top hat and cane would also look awesome.

A cane that, instead of been able t pull a sword out of, it is where he keeps his sonic.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
:treknod:

Yes, very nice.

Giving a bit of the 2nd and 7th feeling with that.

Hope to see him a bit less 'space hobo' and more 'galactic chess player'.

cwmdulais

Jan 18, 2010
Not a fan of the red if I'm gonna be honest, makes him look like a second rate magician you would hire for your kids 5th birthday.

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
Why's he got it buttoned like that? Isn't it more traditional to do the middle button if one only wants one done up? He looks like he didn't get dressed correctly and will feel like a complete idiot once he gets to the local Stage Magician's Office.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Eh, I like it, simple but suave and classy. I'm not familiar with Peter Capaldi as an actor (due to me being American), but I'm eager to see how he pulls the role off.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
luvd1 said:
Oh YES!!!! John Pertwee with dash of mod. Fan-bloody-tastic!
I thought the same thing too! :D

I like it but I hope he can run around in those dress shoes. As other's have said, it's classy but simple at the same time.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
I absolutely love it.

The last two Docs dressed in varying shades of flamboyant, and while there's nothing wrong with that, this was a needed departure.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Objectable said:
Is... Is that a Cravat?
Freaking. Love it.
It's not a Cravat. That's just the shirt - it's buttoned all the way up. There are no neckerchiefs in sight.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
But, but... Bow ties are cool...

I for one will miss the quirky persona I've come to associate with Doctor who.

Also I'm gonna guess his favourite food won't be fish fingers and custard this time around. More like virgin blood.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Agayek said:
Objectable said:
Is... Is that a Cravat?
Freaking. Love it.
It's not a Cravat. That's just the shirt - it's buttoned all the way up. There are no neckerchiefs in sight.
...That's so disappointing.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/68616/2192909-gyakuten_kenji_artwork_01.jpg
MIles Edgeworth disapproves.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
"I never forget a face."

"And in years to come, you might find yourself revisiting a few, the old favorites..."

Very classy.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
kind of uninventive but i love it. reminds me a bit of of Jon Pertwee but blacker....wait, for the second half of Matt Smith's last season his clothes was inspired by Troughton's doctor. maybe, just maybe. the doctor is resetting....and going through an emo phase. oh my god, the doctor is having an emo phase!
Dear Steven Moffat. please please let the next doctor have a red and black scarf, i will love you forever if that happens.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Maybe it's just the way it looks in the photo, but... I dunno. The outfit feels off somehow.

Maybe it'll look better in the actual show, but for the time being it leaves something to be desired. Though I'm not sure what.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Ldude893 said:
HAH. I knew it was going to be a black suit. He looks kinda like a suave vampire-magician in that outfit.
it's navy blue btw, even says so in the article, but i'll admit the picture isn't exactly clear

OT: looks pretty awesome, although not sure about the shirt being buttoned up all the way with no tie, unless again, it's an unclear picture

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
The costume is great but the pose bothers me. I do hope he's going to be a bit more Hartnell and a bit less Pertwee than I'm seeing there.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I think it#s because Doctor Who is so British, but 'dark blue with red lining and matching pants'

...actually made me laugh :p

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
Nice. It's not my favourite Dr Who outfit ever, but I appreciate the slightly more subdued approach. I loved David Tennant, but he went a bit OTT with the "wackiness" towards the end, and I never liked Matt Smith ([small]don't hurt me[/small]). Not that there's anything wrong with wackiness of course, the Doctor has always been eccentric, but something about the way they've done it in recent years has got a bit old for me. Here's hoping we'll see Capaldi channel a bit more classic Who!

That said, I'm still really struggling to shake the idea that Peter Capaldi will play the Doctor as Malcolm Tucker. There are no words to describe how much I want to see that.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
As someone who recently aquired a 3 peice blue suit... I approve! :D

It's a shame the lining of mine is light blue... Maybe I need a matching blue coat with red lining as a semi-cosplay!

I don't agree with the buttoning though. I don't like the buttons to the top look... Then again, Dr Who has always had the classic posh to street chav look! :/