Doctor Who Travels Through TARDIS to Wii

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
Dr.Who really needed to die off whilst it was going strong. David Tenant was an amazing Doctor, but even so the writing got pretty poor in the later episodes and it just became awful as a whole. Anyone who watched The End of Time surely has to agree with that, after using over an hour to intriduce it yet another 'greatest threat to the Universe' shows up for five minutes and is then thwarted in a few moments without actually doing anything.

The game will probably just be 'waggle-controller-to-not-kill-Daleks-but-give-them-a-jolly-good-telling-off-instead' broken up with shots of the crappy new guy.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I'm not Doctor Who fan, but i think it would have been a better idea to do this during the 'David Tennant Era'

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
WindScar said:
Wii and DS, the two shittiest consoles there is (Think about it, they are.) and finally, it's NINTENDO, they only made three good games and then thought that they could get away by creating 30 more of each of them, sometimes when they all go Go-karting together.
I thought about it like you said and I can't disagree with your statement. First of all, Nintendo has more than three franchises. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Star Fox and the list goes on in Japan. They can get away with because they make great games each and everytime. I can understand if you dislike the Wii, but the DS is definitely the best handheld console on the market and it has the library of games to reflect that unlike the Wii.
I also had more fun with my Wii than 360 because it worked when I turned it on.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
I actually think that Doctor Who could work out well as a graphic adventure game of some sort but I don't know if that's the path they're choosing to go on here.

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
Hmm, this is possibly the only game I've heard of that makes me consider getting a Wii. Unless it stars the new paedo-doc (household nickname, can't remember why) instead of the God that is Tennant.

*stares at Tennant shrine*

ZakCanard

Anas Charisma
Oct 17, 2007
Tom Goldman said:
...Doctor Who is not typically known for his kung-fu skills...
Unless of course it's the Jon Pertwee incarnation of The Doctor, in which case Venusian Aikido is certainly on the cards.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Why on the Wii of all things? As soon as I read Wii it dropped off my "to watch" list.

DS version might be worth a look however...mostly because the DS is not a turd and is instead a great handheld with great games with a deceptive outer image.

Gingerman

Aug 20, 2009
Is it just me or does the new Doctor remind anyone of Frakenstiens monster a little? he really does have a massive forehead. And good for them for milking the cash cow, I wont be buying but good for them none the less.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Not a fan. But it could work. Take the basic idea of the character and you have the base of a good epic rpg. if you want to be true to the dr, then you can have it that you can create your own dr. But since it's just going to be a license to promote the new series it's going to be a short sighted, lazy tie in like all the other tv/movie games.

the idiot computer

Jan 21, 2010
Captain Pancake said:
But will the children want to use their cunning rather than their fists?

This has wrong written all over it.
Agreed. and let's face it the majority of children are really and utterly stupid, i mean name a child that can complete a rubix cube... (neither can i)

(i've taken an off never to swear so i had to think of not swearing)

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
Macgyvercas said:
Pirce said:
THAT IS NOT THE DOCTOR! *runs away crying*
Which Doctor were you thinking of? 9th or 10th?
Pfft. Tom Baker is, and always will be, THE Doctor. Once you see Four, you'll never want more!

...or something.
If you want to get real technical, William Hartnel came firtst, so he would be THE Doctor. However, I will conceed that Baker was the most popular.

However in my original question, I only specified 9 and 10 because I assume that's alll that 99% of people under 25 are familiar with. I never meant to trash any of the earlier Doctors (with the possible exception of 6, but now I'm just nitpicking)

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
Ok I have only one thing to say about this:

Drop the friggen TV liscence if you are going to making deals like that.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
As much as I'd rather have it otherwise, it may turn out to be a fairly generic adventure game. Point, use thing on everything else in the room until game complete.

I hope it isn't, however.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
OptimusHagrid said:
Because a Doctor Who game with Earthbound inspired mechanics would be AWESOMESAUCE.
(as in, a Doctor Who RPG)
I'd like to see this, but I can't think of how it could work without combat-based progression. Maybe something like the Ace Attorney series, particularly the Edgeworth game? Episodic, with exploration, witty banter, simple but not necessarily easy puzzles.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Berethond said:
Wait... So it'll be a game of running away?
That will be... interesting.
Certainly be unique at least!

I wonder how exactly its going to work...

Feb 13, 2008
ZakCanard said:
Tom Goldman said:
...Doctor Who is not typically known for his kung-fu skills...
Unless of course it's the Jon Pertwee incarnation of The Doctor, in which case Venusian Aikido is certainly on the cards.
Venusian Karate tbp ;)

As for Doctor Who Games...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Doctor_Who_computer_games

http://www.lemon64.com/?game_id=610
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-Destiny-Doctors-PC/dp/B00004VXN7
http://c64s.com/game/1072/doctor_who_and_the_mines_of_terror/

Aren't I good to you :)

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
TimeLord said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
TimeLord said:
messy said:
TimeLord said:
I knew I kept my Wii for something important! I would have preferred a PS3 Doctor Who game but beggars can't be choosers.

Is this a bad time to point out that the Doctor can't travel "through" the TARDIS to get somewhere, he must travel "in" the TARDIS to get somewhere...

Sorry to correct the title of this thread but it's true :)
Although it means time and relative dimensions in space correct?

Therefore he would move through time and relative dimensions in space to reach the wii surely, just by walking along you technically do that.
Technically yes, but the acronym TARDIS and the content of the topic suggests the actual TARDIS machine is begin referred to, thus you can't walk "through" a TARDIS.
Technically, you can travel "through" the TARDIS to reach the Cloister room and all the rest of the TARDIS, given it's dimensionally transcendent. You're not telling me that Ace didn't bring her machine from Perivale... ;)
Also true, I will concede defeat. However, I maintain my original argument was right
Hmmm... If you use a time machine, you can say "I traveled to 1497 through my time machine," right? The vehicle of the transport allows the passage through time, so it's just as if you say you're traveling "through" time when you're saying you're traveling "through" a time machine. If Doctor Who arrives somewhere and someone asks how he got there, can he not say "Well I traveled here through the TARDIS," even though he was also "in" the TARDIS?

If not, well, that's okay.

Jzolr0708

Apr 6, 2009
And another series is lost in Nintendo's giant Thresher Maw of Poor game mechanics and stupid Wii-Waggling