Doctor Who's 12th Actor Revealed

CaptainThom

Jun 24, 2013
saintdane05 said:
CaptainThom said:
Akichi Daikashima said:
I was holding out for Idris Elba.

Oh well, hopefully this won't be as crap as most of Matt Smith's episodes(that's a bit unfair, I feel that Stephen Moffatt is more responsible for the new "new" series of Dr. Who sucking rather than Smith himself).

Actually, yeah! BOO, YOU SUCK STEPHEN MOFFATT!
I always felt quite sorry for Matt he didn't get the same quality of writing that David got and Steven Mofatt got rid of double epsidoes...:/
The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon disagrees.

OT: YAY! An older man! This won't look creepy at all!
Yes but in the last series Moffat announced that they weren't doing any more two parters, a good example would be the season finale which is normally always a two parter wasn't.
And a lot of the episodes he wrote just tailed of towards the end.The endings in general have been fairly bad:; cybermen defeated by love,Alien from mars changing his mind,power of three,god complex etc and the fact that Matt's screwdriver became a weapon(the end of day of the moon)...

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
I can just imagine the new Doctor defeating the Cybermen in the next series:

"Yeah, I can see you want to take over the planet, you great cyber twat! But let me make something very clear! I'm the fucking Doctor! And if your deluded cyber-brain thinks I'll let you march around swinging your metal cock in everyone's face for shits and giggles, allow me to rectify that notion for you by reformatting your hard-drive by booting it up your shitter with my size 10 space boots! If your aluminium bonce doesn't get out of my face in the next ten seconds, I'll stamp on your kneecaps then fuck you up the arse with your own broken cyber-legs. I will brutalise you so hard, Bob fucking Geldof will release a fucking charity single for you every year at Christmas time! Get the fuck out of my way, and if you see The Master, tell him there's an arse-kicking with his name on it currently locked up in my Tardis! Fuckity bye!"

Please please please please please please please let the new Doctor be something like that.
I read this in Malcolm Tucker's voice, and it fit him like a rubber fisting glove.

EDIT: and indeed to celebrate, I have made a pic of it.

redknightalex

Elusive Paragon
Aug 31, 2012
Another Doctor named Peter? This is looking good! :)

When I first heard the news, I wasn't so concerned that he was older (a plus for me), or a male (I didn't care that much if we had a female Doctor), or that he's already in most people's limited scope of the Whoverse. Frankly, I was more annoyed that they picked this amazing actor who played a brilliant, mesmerizing role in Torchwood's Children of Earth, and that him being the Doctor might diminish his role and that character in CoE. But the thing with the Whoverse is nothing is set in stone and people get brought back all the time. I think I'll really enjoy him as the Doctor. Hope they go for a more fatherly route this time, back to the idea they had in Classic Who.

Although I'd much rather have Moffat leave. I want, more than anything, a new writer/producer for this show because his shit is driving me up the wall.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
So we're getting a foul mouth director of communications with facial fuzz that would make Snidley Whiplash proud? I'm down with that. Slap a fez on him, get him some new threads, and hand him the keys to the TARDIS. ;P

In all seriousness, its a shame Matt Smith is leaving the show after 4 years but Peter Capaldi looks to be an interesting choice for the Doctor. I can't wait to see how he handles the role and what awaits him next season.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Akichi Daikashima said:
I was holding out for Idris Elba.

Oh well, hopefully this won't be as crap as most of Matt Smith's episodes(that's a bit unfair, I feel that Stephen Moffatt is more responsible for the new "new" series of Dr. Who sucking rather than Smith himself).

Actually, yeah! BOO, YOU SUCK STEPHEN MOFFATT!
On that, we can concour. Especially after the spectacular double ball of fail that is The Doctor's Name. Seriously, way to piss on 50 Years of established continuity Moffat.

Slightly more ontopic, I'll have to see how it goes, but so long as Moffat remains attached to Doctor Who, I won't be getting my hopes too excited about it. Also, I too was hoping for Idris Elba, but this actor still seems a good choice X3

Space commando 75

May 11, 2012
Well i'm happy with the choice. Hopefully a new doctor will be able to pull the show out of the hole it been falling into.
Then again we still have moffatt in charge.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Akichi Daikashima said:
Also the parallel universe in which most of Day of The Moon took place in f
Day of the Moon took place on regular old Earth. The episode that you were thinking about is "The Wedding of River Song," which was all of time colliding until it would EXPLODE!!!!!!!!11!!!

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
Huh, weird. I thought they had this thing going where each regeneration was younger than the last.

Eh, I feel exactly the same way I felt when David Tennant left and Matt Smith became The Doctor. Like I want to punch his fucking face in and tell him to go fuck himself.

And then I liked Matt Smith, not as much as David Tennant, but the role of The Doctor just really, really fit Tennant.

So anyway, yeah, I'll probably like this guy.

thebakedpotato

Jun 18, 2012
fix-the-spade said:
Does this mean that the new Doctor is going to turn around and call someone a f###ing c###?

I would watch that, I would watch that over and over and over. I am looking forward to this, at the risk of sounding mean I've found Matt Smith almost completely unbearable to watch. Not sure what specifically, but something about him leaves me chewing lumps of board after about ten minutes of him on screen. It's not an objective thing, I just don't like watching him as the Doctor.

Although, hopefully this isn't the last we've seen of Matt Smith, I think he could do creepy English bad guys extremely well (Marvel? Please?).
It's comes off like Smith was there to be a fluffy cute person. He seemed more of a background character to the Rory Amy River thing. Which I kind of liked.

The last season though... It seems like Moffat shot his wad. Leaving Smith to pull the weight. Which he couldn't pull off.
Capaldi though... well, he's got range. He's got some history in some famous British shows. And he's Scottish... Which gives him +5 to Sexiness.

Mareon

Nov 20, 2010
Finally an older Doctor! No disrespect to Eccleston, Tennant and Smith, but I was getting tired of the pretty boys that the femake companion could swoon over. I like my Doctor Asexual and Awesome, thankyou very much. As for Capaldi specificall, for what Little I have seen him in he seems well enough. Yeah, this is one fanboy that is not gonna hate.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I thought they were doing something with John Hurt, Tennant, and Smith before the Christmas special... or maybe that is the special... regardless, I'll be watching.

Jandau said:
While I don't watch the show, I do posses a modicum of knowledge about the character (mostly thanks to SF Debris), so I gotta ask - Shouldn't the Doctor be running out of reincarnations by this point? I mean, each actor is supposed to be a different incarnation of the Doctor, after he dies/gets killed. And he's got a finite number of them. Doesn't he have like one left? Is this the last one?
The way it's explained is timelords have to save up regeneration energy before they can do it again. If they're killed too soon after a regen then their dead for good, but they can regen forever as long as they have time to charge up. One more thing, the time needed is different for every timelord and every incarnation of said timelord, or as I like to say "it's in the script". They went to the final doctor's grave but they were careful not to give him a number. They'll keep the Doctor around long after it's popularity runs out and bring him back again in a couple decades.

I will say this before he does, he's still not Ginger.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Space commando 75 said:
Well i'm happy with the choice. Hopefully a new doctor will be able to pull the show out of the hole it been falling into.
Then again we still have moffatt in charge.
Pardon me then, it has been some time.

I still stand by my point that Moffatt sucks.

Mareon

Nov 20, 2010
Something tells me that there will be a lot less 14 year old Girls on the next DOctor Who Panel at Comic Con -- and that can only be a good thing.