Doctor Who's David Tennant Engaged, Damn It

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Sadly, having seen the Hitchhiker's series, Trillian is not the role you want to talk yourself up around the watercooler with. Very disappointing, and I can't even justify it like Zaphod's head by claiming it was a limit of the technology.

And if you've ever acted seriously, you'd know - you become a whole different person, and if they're good, this will never get in the way of the show. I NEED to watch some Dr. Who, but there's just so danged much on my plate, media-wise lately... grrrrrrr...

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
My mouth literally went agape as I read that he was getting married to The Doctor's daughter's actor. Just... wow.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
John Funk said:
Hey guys, let's not judge. Time Lord morality regarding incestuous relationships could be totally different from our own.
also, she's not so much the Doctor's 'daughter' as a recombination of his DNA :p

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
John Funk said:
Hey guys, let's not judge. Time Lord morality regarding incestuous relationships could be totally different from our own.
Ha, I haven't even considered the fact they played relatives. Although she was a female clone really, the 'daughter' part was just a sound bite for the "next time on Doc Who", so it would be like marrying yourself, but the other you had a sex change. Man, that is weird.

Feb 13, 2008
Korten12 said:
Elizabeth Grunewald said:
Wait I am confused, is Georgia Moffett, Doctor Who's daughter in real life or just in the show?

If not that, what is wrong and could someone better explain this to me..?
Right...

Georgia Moffet played the Doctor's Daughter.
She isn't related to Stephen Moffat, but is to Peter Davidson, who was the 5th Doctor.

So, the Tenth Doctor is marrying the actress that played the Doctor's daughter. She's not his actual daughter as she was only cloned from his hand, rather than a rib.

I hope that's all clear now.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
Korten12 said:
Wait I am confused, is Georgia Moffett, Doctor Who's daughter in real life or just in the show?

Both. Her father played the Doctor (the 5th, I think). Then she played the Doctor's (Tennant's) daughter.

EDIT: Ninja'd

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Good thing they're British, because "who's your daddy?" just doesn't work with that accent so the potential severely disturbing mental image is happily pre-empted.

People assume that romance is a strict progression of cause to effect but actually, from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, lovey-dovey...stuff.

Littaly said:
Isa he really that handsome? Or is it the Felicia Day deal where because he was in Doctor Who geeks view him through rose tinted goggles?
Speaking as a completely heterosexual male, that dude is damn good-looking.

AwesomeFerret

Apr 28, 2010
One of my friends is gonna be SO pissed when she hears about this. Good luck to a happy marriage for them, even if it causes tears among all the female Doctor Who fans who loved him. For a male fan, like me, its gonna be pretty hilarious to watch their reaction though XD.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Korten12 said:

Okay. Her father is Peter Davison, who played the Fifth Doctor. She is marrying David Tennant (sadface), who plays the Tenth Doctor. In the episode "The Doctor's Daughter", she plays the Tenth Doctor's (David Tennant's character's) daughter.

Make sense?

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Littaly said:
Isa he really that handsome? Or is it the Felicia Day deal where because he was in Doctor Who geeks view him through rose tinted goggles?
Brother is hot, trust me.

XT inc said:
Well at least it wont be as weird as Micheal C Hall and Jennifer carpenters marriage, They have to act like bro and sis every episode of dexter.
They split up, actually.
Reallly? My sister will be happy o_O

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Korten12 said:

I can't tell if you're trolling, being sarcastic or what, so I might as well answer at face value: Peter Davison, the 5th Doctor, is her father in real life. David Tennant, the guy she's marrying, was the 10th Doctor and her father in the show.

Everyone will be a bit sad about this, in a way. Women because they all want to marry him, men because they want to marry her... aw, who am I kidding, I'm a straight guy and I'd marry him too. Interesting that I've heard several others say the same thing over the course of the day.

She's lovely though, we had the pleasure of her appearing in another show a while before she arrived in Doctor Who.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Erm...I thoght David Tennant was quite openly and happily homosexual...He has all of the right characteristics for it. Hell he lasted multiple seasons withthe notoriously gay director throwing John Barrowman at him every 3 episodes...

Is this a celebrity sham marriage or do I have some major wires crossed?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
This won't be the first time lord in Moffett's family; her father is Peter Davison, the Fifth Doctor. Her mother, Sandra Dickinson, is no small sci-fi star herself, having played Trillian in the 1981 miniseries The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
She does look a little like Trillian (I watched Hitchhiker's a couple of weeks ago).

I guess I don't have a homosexual bone in my body but is he really good looking?
I always thought Tennant was pretty weird looking. Maybe not Steve Buchemi weird but I don't see what makes the girls go crazy.
But like I said, I'm not exactly the best judge.