Does America have round-abouts?

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
There are a few around where I live. I know at least two were put in the downtown section of my city when it got a major renovation, and I know of a few more in a newer shopping centre in a nearby town.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Brian Hendershot said:
Lilani said:
Brian Hendershot said:
Please tell me that those diamond things area no were near the Branson/Springfield area...
Yeah, there's two of them in Springfield. I think our area was one of the first in the country to get them. Apparently they do good things for traffic, but I don't know. I didn't live there before they arrived, so I don't know if they actually improved things.
I know there is a Round-About near Drury. Were are the diamonds though? So I can prepare myself for them.
I know one is where the James River Freeway meets National, but I'm not sure where the other one is. I think it's one of the expressways, maybe Kansas or Chestnut. For the James River one, just remember to be careful about that far left lane. It will shoot you onto the highway whether you like it or not, if you're not careful ;-)

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Lilani said:
Brian Hendershot said:
Lilani said:
Brian Hendershot said:
Please tell me that those diamond things area no were near the Branson/Springfield area...
Yeah, there's two of them in Springfield. I think our area was one of the first in the country to get them. Apparently they do good things for traffic, but I don't know. I didn't live there before they arrived, so I don't know if they actually improved things.
I know there is a Round-About near Drury. Were are the diamonds though? So I can prepare myself for them.
I know one is where the James River Freeway meets National, but I'm not sure where the other one is. I think it's one of the expressways, maybe Kansas or Chestnut. For the James River one, just remember to be careful about that far left lane. It will shoot you onto the highway whether you like it or not, if you're not careful ;-)
SWEEETTT...I mostly stick to just National, Sunshine, and Glenstone. I have totally missed a giant diamond shape bullet.

If you hear about some dude crashing and blowing up or something out on James River Freeway, it was probably me.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
theevilsanta said:
Forget Roundabouts, I was driving through NJ and experienced the ultimate in weird. A Jug Handle:
We've got lots of those, or something very similar. Makes turning left much safer, though we mostly use them for a three-way intersection as we have roundabouts in nearly every four-way intersection. We call them "spansk sväng" (Spanish turn) though:

Skinny Razor

Mar 9, 2010
They're growing in popularity here in the Far West. There's even some off- and on-ramps on I-80 that are roundabouts. Governments see them as cheaper replacements for stop signs than stop lights. Lots of folks dislike 'em, but I'm not bothered.

I've never seen a jughandle though.

CarpathianMuffin

Space. Lance.
Jun 7, 2010
Oh yes, there's a surprising number of roundabouts around here.
There's two by my house that people out of state are actually horrible about using, so I don't know if it's just us or not that have them fairly common.