Does anyone care about HOMM 6?

Shirastro

Sep 1, 2010
Heroes of might and magic 6 just recently came out and i noticed a complete lack of attention towards it.
Now i know that the last week was the holy week of Skyrim, but still....

Are there any HOMM fans out here?
If so, what do you think of HOMM6?

SmilingWorlock

Knowledge is power.
Oct 22, 2010
I really enoyed HOMM3 when I was little, though I never got anywhere, nor did I understand much of my english version back then. I skipped 4 and bought 5 on budget someday. It was okay, but I didn't get into it. So, I care as much for HOMM6 as anyone cares for this post ^^

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Can't stand turn-based strategy of that ilk... combat spreadsheets just aren't my thing, I need a little more direct control.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Just recently? It came out over a month ago (13th October, according to Steam). And it's a pretty good game. It's not Heroes 3, but then again, what is?

The whole feeling of luck from finding a game-turning item and turning the tide to your side, or the imba spells are not there anymore. They went with the trend for a more "balanced" gameplay. Still, the classic TBS formula works. And it's surprisingly challenging... At least I thought it was.

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
terrible buggy, weird DRM and bad support from UBIsoft

when they patch it it might be worth buying, if you're into that sorta game

Zay-el

Apr 4, 2011
It's not bad. There are a number of things that need some serious patching, but otherwise it's a more or less decent game.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
I've got it, it's an okay game, but the story mode is confusing, and the DRM just plain sucks.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I'm not sure. I actually really enjoyed HoMMV, but due to a lack of money and things I'm not sure I want HoMM6 right now. I only got HoMMV Gold Edition when it was already at a reduced price, I didn't think 6 looked all that different, maybe I'll take another look into it. Haven't played V in a while, all I seem to remember was the awful, awful cutscenes.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
2xDouble said:
Yes, but I can't afford to buy it without playing a demo first.
There is a demo for it on steam. I don't know if there's a demo anywhere else I just know there's one on steam.

OT: I would but I heard about the DRM thing so I decided the minor fun I had in the demo wasn't worth supporting Ubisoft and their pirating encouraging DRM.

Tigurus

Apr 14, 2009
I couldn't stand 5 for more than 1 hour...maybe less.
And I played my fair share of 1, 2 , 3 (mostly 3) and 4

6 doesn't look that much different from 5 also.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Is there a random map generator? That's all I ever used in HOMM 3 because the campaigns are boring. I bought 5 I think and I was greatly disappointed there was no random map generator. So I think I will stick with 3

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
you can't play it with a thumbstick and four buttons and reqires more than 5 minutes of a learning phase to play ==> not of interest for the majority of todays gamer demographic -.-

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
I know a bunch of friends who started a multiplayer game of HOMM 3 about a decade ago. When they finish I'm sure they'll give HOMM 6 a look. Or HOMM 7,8 or 9.

adrian_exec

Apr 5, 2009
Fieldy409 said:
Is there a random map generator? That's all I ever used in HOMM 3 because the campaigns are boring. I bought 5 I think and I was greatly disappointed there was no random map generator. So I think I will stick with 3

It has random map generator and Hot Seat.

I had a decent amount of fun playing the campaign, it's nothing special however. I loved the Undead Campaign but then the Human and Naga campaigns got a bit boring since they felt very similar, especially the heroes.

Then of course Skyrim got released and I totally forgot about Heroes 6 and I have no idea when I'll give it another try. Between Skyrim, Christmas Holidays and Diablo 3 in January I think Heroes 6 has indeed slipped of the grid cause of all this other major "RPG" titles.

Vonnis

Feb 18, 2011
I got the collector's edition. I love it, but then Skyrim came along so it joined Deus Ex: Human Revolution in the "to be continued when I've had enough of Skyrim" pile.
My only dislike is that it has always online DRM and every so often my connection fucks up. For some reason this always happens just after a massive, time consuming battle, but just before a new autosave is made.