Does anyone else think Duke Nukem Forever will suck balls of steel?

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Hello,
I got the escapist today, and I saw something that made me die inside... Duke Nukem Forever was going to be realeased. I was pissed. How could they do such a thing??? But my anger about how the biggest videogame joke in history was about to die soon faded, and I proceded to watch the trailer. And I was not impressed by any aspect what so ever. The graphics were meh, the gameplay looked complicated and boring, and it seems to emphasis tits and male genitalia too much. If you ask me the entire thing looks like a fucking joke. It is my belief that the 9 guys still working on it just rushed through and put as many tits in the game as possible. (Not that I'm saying tits are bad, but they are only nice to a certain extent, espically in video games.)

But lets seriously look at this,
I doubt there will be online, and just a 10 hour rushed through campeign. The gameplay looked clunky as well. If you asked me, I would say they need to take another year on the game, and then realease it. But the thing I really hate about it is how it is selling for full price. I would never by it, unless the game is exceptional in every aspect.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. But to me, the game should have remained like it's name. DNF.

So, post what you think the game will be like, fellow escapist!

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I think I'll enjoy it a lot.

Sorry about your vaporware joke disappearing. Maybe you can become a Type-Moon fan and start anticipating Tsukihime 2.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I think it will be good.
It looks a lot better than any FPS coming out this quarter, so I'm moderately excited.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Again you are one of these people that are thinking too much about the game. Its meant to be stupid, a joke of everything, bloody, over the top fun. I don't want to play games that turn into dramatic crap all the damn time. I want to jump in, feel like a God, murder the fuck out of everything, and still be able to get laid at the end of the day. Games like these are meant to be enjoyed. There is nothing to think about. Its just shoot and kill and watch the chaos unfold, simple isn't it?

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Dude who seriously cares if it does suck, It's had a 15 year development cycle. Any game that has survived that long deserves some attention, even if it's just to credit the fraility of it's own existence, besides you can always trade it in.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Rule 1 of The Escapist:

You are NEVER the only one

Doubt there will be online? This is Duke Nukem, back from the Golden Age of unrealistic gaming (Doom series, Quakes 1-to-3, Early Unreal games etc.), where multiplayer meant playing deathmatch over LAN because there wasn't the internet back then, but was still a huge reason to buy it. Of course it's gonna have multiplayer!

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Radeonx said:
I think it will be good.
It looks a lot better than any FPS coming out this quarter, so I'm moderately excited.
Even Crysis 2? I know the online isn't steller, but you've still got a great looking single player mode.

thirion1850

Aug 13, 2008
It will be a washed up, brown FPS with possibly more weapons than teeth, and a load of tits. There are 3 reasons a person would buy this:
1) Curious about the fuss.
2) Ejaculates at the mere mention of Duke Nukem/Fan.
3) Tits.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Radeonx said:
I think it will be good.
Even Crysis 2? I know the online isn't steller, but you've still got a great looking single player mode.
Crysis is one of my favorite games of all time, but Duke Nukem looks better than the sequel for me.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Revolutionary said:
Dude who seriously cares if it does suck, It's had a 15 year development cycle. Any game that has survived that long deserves some attention, even if it's just to credit the fraility of it's own existence, besides you can always trade it in.
Yeah, It does get my respect for the guys who attempted to make it as best as they could. But I believe in no way it will be good.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
NeutralDrow said:
I think I'll enjoy it a lot.

Sorry about your vaporware joke disappearing. Maybe you can become a Type-Moon fan and start anticipating Tsukihime 2.
I never anticipated the game, I just laughed at it.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
You found out about this today?
I think it looks good. I think the graphics suit it, and I thought being silly and over the top was supposed to be it's theme. So yeah, tits and dicks.
From what we've heard of the preview the escapist had, it sounds good.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
For me it looks ultra super fun. It is stupid, loud, violent, and crude and I wouldnt want Duke any other way. The one thing that I do not like is that it seems that you can only carry two guns which is a shame because I want my piss weak starting pistol next to my nuke launcher.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
CNKFan said:
For me it looks ultra super fun. It is stupid, loud, violent, and crude and I wouldnt want Duke any other way. The one thing that I do not like is that it seems that you can only carry two guns which is a shame because I want my piss weak starting pistol next to my nuke launcher.
They should have incorperated triple wielding.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Palademon said:
You found out about this today?
I think it looks good. I think the graphics suit it, and I thought being silly and over the top was supposed to be it's theme. So yeah, tits and dicks.
From what we've heard of the preview the escapist had, it sounds good.
Yeah, I've been caught up in saving money and school. But it seems really silly for todays gaming.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
It looks passable. Nothing really stands out too much but I'm sure it will be good for a laugh or two. Mark my words it's going to come like a strike of lighting then fade away just as fast, it just doesn't look like it has much staying power considering all the competition it has coming down the road.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
CNKFan said:
I mean that in keeping up with all of the awsome old-schoolery that they should have had the "magic pants" inventory system.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
CNKFan said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
CNKFan said:
I mean that in keeping up with all of the awsome old-schoolery that they should have had the "magic pants" inventory system.
Yeah I got what you ment, I still think that with how silly the game looks, that should be in there.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
CNKFan said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
CNKFan said:
Yeah I got what you ment, I still think that with how silly the game looks, that should be in there.
Also to kinda go with the title of the thread I will be buying the biggest steel ballbearings that I can find when I get this game.