Does anyone else think Duke Nukem Forever will suck balls of steel?

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
It appeals to a demographic of hardcore gamers who are nostalgic for late-90's gaming. I think that's a much smaller demographic than the developers think it is.

koga88

May 19, 2009
I don't know. It is really hard to even say that a game will suck or be bad, or even say that the whole game will be clunky when there was only one or two trailers released so far. Sure a great trailer can sell a game, but I don't think they were trying to sell the game with those trailers. They were trying to prove that it even existed. Plus when is complication looked down upon. Sometimes people complain when things are too muddied down, and other times they complain when things look complicated.

Think of it this way when you base your thoughts on a few trailers. When Two Worlds I was first shown, people were calling it an Oblivion killer and were saying it was going to be amazing. And then look at how it turned out to be....

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
koga88 said:
I don't know. It is really hard to even say that a game will suck or be bad, or even say that the whole game will be clunky when there was only one or two trailers released so far. Sure a great trailer can sell a game, but I don't think they were trying to sell the game with those trailers. They were trying to prove that it even existed. Plus when is complication looked down upon. Sometimes people complain when things are too muddied down, and other times they complain when things look complicated.

Think of it this way when you base your thoughts on a few trailers. When Two Worlds I was first shown, people were calling it an Oblivion killer and were saying it was going to be amazing. And then look at how it turned out to be....
Well in there situation, I would try to make the trailer as amazing as possible, Proove it exists, and is a good game. And I love the refrence to Two Worlds... Is the second one supposed to be any good?

Inquisitor Slayde

Jan 17, 2009
Yeah ..... I'm not fourteen anymore. I am no longer amused by Duke and if I want to see some boobs, I have the internet. I can not see myself buying it. I don't begrudge those who do their fun though just, no, not for me.

koga88

May 19, 2009
It actually isn't that bad. Despite a difficulty curve that see-saws every now and then and a very junky interface it is surprisingly a much better game than the first one. And I do have to admit that they most likely did rush out a video to emphasize the reality of the game. I have a feeling that what we saw wasn't actual gameplay but just part of a video. Won't know until it is out though.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
I'm looking forward to DNF, if only because I suspect it will be exactly what I suspect it will be.

So long as the humour is good, and the gameplay entertaining, I can forgive anything else.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Inquisitor Slayde said:
Yeah ..... I'm not fourteen anymore. I am no longer amused by Duke and if I want to see some boobs, I have the internet. I can not see myself buying it. I don't begrudge those who do their fun though just, no, not for me.
My personal openion is that duke should have thrown in the towl, and let his balls of steel go down in history. And by the way, This is one of the most hilarious and realistic comment I have ever seen on this sight, I want to give you a cookie, for I have the internet too.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TEMHOTA said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
TEMHOTA said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
*** Nonsense Removal Script Complete: All total nonsense removed ***
Have you ever played Duke Nukem 3D before? It sounds like you haven't...

EDIT: Never mind a lot of Halo shit and Gears of Snore under that gamer-tag, I'm positive you don't know what a good game is now.
Countless times, taking into concideration that nothing implemented story or realism back then, I loved it. Though now, it seems dumb.
EDIT: Knowing you probably haven't even played either of those great games, I will just ignore your edit rather than being a jerk like you.
Oops wrong again, I have played both of those desperately pathetic games. Sadly I wasted time on Halo and more on Halo 2 thinking there might be something redeemable in the king of mediocrity's games, sadly I was wrong. I have also wasted dollars ($5 in fact)for the ultimately boring and ridiculous Gears of Snore, only an hour or two before I got sick of chest high walls and the circus clown like characters in it. So you are on a role of being incorrect, keep em coming kid. Also now we know you never played Duke, so you know nothing of what you yap about. As a side note it is consideration not that mess you spelled up there.
Again, I would steep to your level, but I am not an asshat like you. In my openion, you have no taste if you think a game trying to make everyone as immature as they were 15 will be smiled upon by the rest of media consumers, your the wrong one. How come games like Half Life sold 6 times more than Duke Nukem 3D? Because the game was actually playable on a "I am not a troll/kid" level.
To be honest, Gears and Halo, specially gears, are closer to Duke Nukem in the immature faggotry spectrum than to Half Life.

Duke Nukem is mindless fun, it's like painkiller, you play it for the cheesyness and for the explosions and swearing and immaturity. That doesn't make it a worse concept for a game than Half Life, even if it ends up being implemented poorly. Half Life doesn't sell on maturity, it sells on being a perfect game, made by a developer I would consider perfectionist.

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
I honestly think it'll be a disappointment. If only because it's taken about 10 years to be released, and people will probably have stupidly high expectations. It doesn't really matter much to me though, if I'm honest, I'm not interested at all in it.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
It probably won't suck, but it's most likely going to be crushed under the weight of the hype surrounding it, and receive a lot of overly negative reviews.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I see it as possible. But like I said so many times, whether it sucks or not, Im buying it just to say I have it... that and becasue I was waiting for 12 fucking years...

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
TEMHOTA said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Again, I would steep to your level, but I am not an asshat like you. In my openion, you have no taste if you think a game trying to make everyone as immature as they were 15 will be smiled upon by the rest of media consumers, your the wrong one. How come games like Half Life sold 6 times more than Duke Nukem 3D? Because the game was actually playable on a "I am not a troll/kid" level.
Oh my the spelling, it hurts my eyes. The trouble is, you don't understand that Duke is parody, you think he is intended to be something more than that, not having played any of them I guess that is understandable, sort of... Anyway I can't explain it to you, hell teachers couldn't even teach you to spell. As a side note making judgments about games you have never played including Duke Nukem 3D and the side scrolling games either, I imagine, makes you the "asshat". What does Half Life have to do with any of this by the way? You know that Duke Nukem 3D was released in 1996 and Half Life in 1998 correct? Who am I kidding, probably not. Also post the sales charts from that time period would make an interesting read, or did you make all that up? Never mind I know the answer... XD
Grammer Nazi arround here. And yes, I did get my info from videogame post sales charts. And what diffrence does 2 years make? And yes, I understand the game is a parody, but it is an old joke that people think will be a good idea to bring back to life, even though they no it isn't funny anymore. Grow up, man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_video_games#cite_note-valve-8
To retaliate my expect comback of you, both half life and duke nukem have sorces of where the information was recived from.

The Code

Mar 9, 2010
Whether or not the game itself is a load of reeking feces is irrelevant to me. The game itself is sort of a piece of gaming history, and the main character is an icon of gaming's glory days. Honestly, I'm glad the Duke is coming back and I hope he puts a boot up the FPS genre's ass to straighten it out.

A word on the game's content: Knowing who the main character is and the premise behind the many games he's been in, what do you think it's going to be like? It's not going to be a serious and dramatic soap like Halo. Hell no, it's going to be STEEL-balls-to-the-walls action, humor, and all-around awesomeness!

Duke Nukem, in my opinion, is a breath of fresh air in the FPS genre that breaks up the monotony of faceless super-soldiers in space and one-dimensional cookie-cutter 'war stories' that exist these days. When's the last time you've seen a faceless/nameless soldier in a game get some serious action like the Duke, or staved off an entire alien invasion of Earth ON HIS OWN, with minimal, if any help from an organized military outfit?

Sorry to rant like that, but I get kind of carried away sometimes. Please, carry on.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
TEMHOTA said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Oh my the spelling, it hurts my eyes. The trouble is, you don't understand that Duke is parody, you think he is intended to be something more than that, not having played any of them I guess that is understandable, sort of... Anyway I can't explain it to you, hell teachers couldn't even teach you to spell. As a side note making judgments about games you have never played including Duke Nukem 3D and the side scrolling games either, I imagine, makes you the "asshat". What does Half Life have to do with any of this by the way? You know that Duke Nukem 3D was released in 1996 and Half Life in 1998 correct? Who am I kidding, probably not. Also post the sales charts from that time period would make an interesting read, or did you make all that up? Never mind I know the answer... XD
Dude, just don't respond. I think we might have a troll OP.

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
I think I'll enjoy it a lot.

Sorry about your vaporware joke disappearing. Maybe you can become a Type-Moon fan and start anticipating Tsukihime 2.
Or a proper Tsukihime anime.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
WanderingFool said:
I see it as possible. But like I said so many times, whether it sucks or not, Im buying it just to say I have it... that and becasue I was waiting for 12 fucking years...
Like I said before, I never anticipated it, I only laughed as it crawled for the "This is my last chance" Escape pod, and then I suddenly turned to super serious face when it got there. But yeah, I can see your anticipation.