Does anyone still like Naruto?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I've noticed that as the ending of Naruto is needlessly drawn out more and more, nobody seems to think it's good anymore. Some people like me just stopped reading, while others keep reading because it'd be a waste to have read 60+ books and not find out how it ends. Is there anyone at all that thinks it's a genuinely good manga anymore?

Dec 14, 2009
Was Naruto ever good?

I always thought it was Shonen: The Series. The ultimate lowest common denominator cookie cutter garbage that's eaten up by anyone under the age of 18.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, hell, Dragonball Z was THE Shonen, and I loved that growing up.

That's the issue with getting older, when the things you used to like stay the same.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I guessing my bro still like it as that is the only anime he try to keep up but in saying so he isn't a big anme fan with me. Granted I'm still watching it but when it come to Shonen I prefered One Piece over Naruto anyday.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Eh, count in the 'wanna see how it ends' camp.

Also in the 'damn they're milking it' camp.

The entire last story line, about the war, has been a shambles, so it really needs to end quickly. Like ending of Katekyo Hitman Reborn quickly.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
I kind of do although i quit watching the anime after the conclusion to the pain fight since i wasn't sure that fight could ever be topped. That and all of the filler and having to find out what arcs are filler and what are not is annoying busywork.

Liam Briggs

Jan 23, 2012
After reading through 662 chapters I want to see how it ends but it's just so boring right now, hopefully it will improve like bleach has recently or end in a good enough way to make it feel like it was worth it.

Moderated

May 12, 2012
I learn everything I know about the series from either what I read from the wiki or tv tropes, or learn playing the fighting games. I stopped watching a long time ago.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Not really. I think most people who read or watch it just do cause they've come this far, they have to finish it. Like sawing off your arm when its trapped under a boulder.

Everything that was ever good about it has long since departed. I only read it just so I can watch that beast finally die to the cancer its been battling for so long.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
I don't know, shounen have a certain amount of charm to them. Not just the "I like it charm" but the "it does this thing better than anyone else" kind of thing. It just depends on if that thing interests you.

The real problem is they're all so damn long and filled with inconsequential bullshit that it takes forever to get to the good bits. :/

Give me a short run cut the crap shounen and I'll be happy

OT; Naruto is a cluster fuck of insanity, poor writing, and disappointment.

It's kind of a shame because it was initially quite good at doing what shounen does best. Having powerful characters fight each other in interesting ways.

It also gave some great characters like Pain... now I'm just watching it because its a train wreck I can't look away from.

The music is surprisingly fantastic though. Done by the same guy that did fairy tail (which is another kind-of-shit-but-with-beautiful-moments shounen)

Supercereal

Mar 3, 2012
I still like Naruto probably more because i grew up with it. I think people might look back on it with Simpson eyes saying oh it was only good until here, Which i can deal with but i think it still has merit and is giving me the same feeling that the first double event in Pacific Rim gave me. Which was well everyone is doomed how are they going to pull this off? Could it have been condensed a bit, Yes but like all other things in life Naruto Its Author and The Publisher are all looking for money which Naruto is still giving them all so they will drag it out longer.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I pretty much lost interest in it a while back since the ending is getting really drawn out and it really should end soon. Though I probably will finish reading it once it's over since I've read over 600 chapters of the damn thing, might as well see how it ends.

Supercereal

Mar 3, 2012
staika said:
I pretty much lost interest in it a while back since the ending is getting really drawn out and it really should end soon. Though I probably will finish reading it once it's over since I've read over 600 chapters of the damn thing, might as well see how it ends.
I think that is most peoples response to it these days. I think if it still had Mystery like One Piece does people might be screaming for more answers. Also your Avatar told me Alcohol abuse and my only thought was figures

Mr Dizazta

Mar 23, 2011
I stopped watching after Naruto and Sasuke's first big fight. After that, I got bored of it. To tell the truth I really can't get into any of the Big Three. I tried watching Bleach, but damn, why the hell is there so much talking in between fights. I lost interest in One Piece due to 4Kids.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I'm in the "still reading" category.
It's released every week, 20 pages, 5 minutes.
What I find best about the series today are the twists, there have been several moments were I had to go, "WTF, seriously?"!?!?!", and it seems like he's doind that only because he can do it, which is cool in itself :p

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
Liam Briggs said:
After reading through 662 chapters I want to see how it ends but it's just so boring right now, hopefully it will improve like bleach has recently or end in a good enough way to make it feel like it was worth it.
I actually feel the exact opposite. I feel Naruto is getting more exciting and interesting while Bleach is jumping its own shark and pulling stuff out of its ass. Not that Naruto doesn't do that but I feel Bleach is a worse offender. Besides this stuff really isn't aimed at us anymore. Its aimed at kids 10-15. We just happened to keep following it well beyond that point.

JustCallMeJonny

Oct 26, 2013
My older brother quite likes it so I gave it a try to have something to discuss with him, and it's bad. It's not as bad as people make it out to be that is. The characters are horribly written at times (Fuck you Naruto and your "Believe it!" bullshit) and there is a ridiculous amounts of filler. At least 100 episodes of the original series was continuous filler. However, when it gets going with the fights that they set up for 20 episodes, it pretty good. I'll shit on shounen as much as the next guy, but I gotta admit, I can't help but caught up in the important fights.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Add another one to the "want to see how it ends camp". That's really the only thing that keeps me going back. Thing is though, I like the world and the potential for what can happen in said world. I mean there have been quite a few good fanfics that I believe took the premise and just made really good stuff with it. I get the feeling that my head canon now runs with the "Yet Again with a little extra help" canon now which is really sad come to think of it.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
I don't find it to be "genuinely good" or anything like that, but I guess I still like it. I don't resent each page turn like I do with Bleach, both of which I read mainly out of habit, but I'd say for me, Naruto hits a spot between me just wanting to see how it ends, and still being somewhat interested in what is currently coming out.

So yeah, I guess I still like it, not love it or like it a lot, but just plain ol' like.