Does Crysis 2 seem a little bit... unoriginal?

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Serving UpSmiles said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
godofallu said:
I haven't tried the demo or anything like that, but if what you say is true that really sucks.

Developers must know that us gamers want the next call of duty. When we say that we mean a step up in gameplay, while in first person shooter form.
Super Speed, Gone
Super Strength, Mostly gone, except sometimes you will do a high jump.
Weapon custumization, you create custum classes in the menu. (call of duty)
Call of duty type online.
and I have a real problem with the weapons, either they are super inacurate, or too acurate, except for single fire with the scar. I pWn with that.
These things

Super Speed = Sprinting and sliding on the floor and using weapon
Super Stealth = Right Bumper
Super Armour = Left Bumper
Super Strength = Jumping and air stomping

What was the other one again?

The reason it doesnt let you access the abilities as they were in Crysis 2 because its on a controller, not a massive keyboard, so instead of adding a little Radial that picks any abilitiy you want, they mapped it to traditional fps controls on a console.
I don't concider sprint super speed. compaired to the first game, it is no where near acceptable. and plus, didn't they have non super sprint in the first game? I haven't played it in a month so my thoughts are a bit shaky.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
ShadowKatt said:
I thought the point of Crysis wasn't to be original, but to be THE benchmark for PC Gaming technology. After all, it's Cry-"Sys"[tem]. Boot it up and watch your computer cry tears of mercury from its CPU.
I fear what it will do to my Xbox. Those things are unstable enough as it is...

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
octafish said:
So what no "Maximum Strength"? That isn't Crysis, then.
They've just incorporated it differently. It activates when you perform certain moves (like leaping from a 20ft rooftop and punching someone on the ground in the head), whilst sprinting also comes under power, as does jumping. Basically strength and speed are now one and the same, and you don't activate a mode, they happen when you do other stuff.

Armour and cloak are still modes, and bear in mind things get changed in multiplayer for balancing purposes.

Also, this is the multiplayer, the series' focus is still on singleplayer. Saying "it's just like Call of Duty" in the multiplayer doesn't mean shit, since I can compare CoD to the bloody Jedi Outcast multiplayer if I wanted. Deathmatches only have so many ways to go, but the suit powers definitely add to it; to the point where I'd suggest that if you are saying it's like CoD, you're not playing it right.

Also, I thought the first Crysis' multiplayer was fucking awful, and whilst it isn't wholly original (IN MULTIPLAYER - DON'T NOT BUY IT BECAUSE YOU THINK THE MULTIPLAYER IS THE SAME AS COD, I BEG YOU) it's a damn-sight better.

The beta also has a relatively small map, and it is being played on a console. It's trickier to pull off some advanced moves than it will be on the PC.

As for the singleplayer, they've said maps will be slightly smaller in area for the most part, but they've got much more volume to work with because of the buildings and rooftops.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
SamuelT said:
I think it's perfectly made for its function; to draw people into buying the full game. CoD audiences will go "Sweet, this is like CoD." and less multiplayer-oriented people will buy it anyways, since the suit has full function when in single player, where there is no balancing needed.

Seriously. Wait for the full release before stamping it with a title.
Yes, but I still liked the original crysis multiplayer.
Cool. Perhaps you should wait until you get the full multiplayer then. It's just one small map, with one game mode and a small portion of unlockables.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
SamuelT said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
SamuelT said:
I think it's perfectly made for its function; to draw people into buying the full game. CoD audiences will go "Sweet, this is like CoD." and less multiplayer-oriented people will buy it anyways, since the suit has full function when in single player, where there is no balancing needed.

Cool. Perhaps you should wait until you get the full multiplayer then. It's just one small map, with one game mode and a small portion of unlockables.
I don't care about the map. I just don't like how crysis transformed itself into modern warfare with aliens.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
I have to admit, seeing the trailer for the second game led me to what is now one of the favorite games, The original Crysis...
But this friday I downloaded the demo and well... It seems like Modern Warfare 2! it's like it lost all of it's awsome originality, they don't have super speed or super strength, so you are left to just guns as weapons. Now, I am speaking of the Xbox version, I don't have the demo for the PC, but the games can't differ that much. Can they?
Of the 3 times I played the original crysis, I was blown away by how diffirent the game was. But this new one... I can't help but think of Call of Duty! everything seems so restricted to be like a normal shooter. Even in capture the alien drop pod thing, it is just like king of the hill in any other FPS!

PLEASE tell me it won't be like that on PC! I am already angered how they didn't put it in a tropical environment (Dang Crytech trying new things! Couldn't they have atleast put the game in miami? have an urban jungle with an actual jungle like forest thing?) I am going to get an updated PC or laptop in a month or so, and I want to know if people will still be playing the first one, or if everyone will migrate to the second.

But I guess my real question here is will they have all the same game modes as they did on the original?

So escapist, what do you think of the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo?
Perhaps because its on Xbox live the multiplayer can't have things like uber speed and mega strength, but don't forget the single player could have all the powers you like and hope and beg to dev's to be there.

Also: Of course it will be like that on the PC you silly gosling, I don't see any logical reason why they would make the game have uber significant changes in game play cross platforms.

And the demo was mighty fine, I enjoyed "sam fishering" people with stealth tactics

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
AnAngryMoose said:
ShadowKatt said:
I thought the point of Crysis wasn't to be original, but to be THE benchmark for PC Gaming technology. After all, it's Cry-"Sys"[tem]. Boot it up and watch your computer cry tears of mercury from its CPU.
Xbox is made to handle it, so you won't have to worry about it, they come prepacked with the fastest processors and graphical capability, for computer you have to get that on your own, and install it on your own.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
AnAngryMoose said:
ShadowKatt said:
Xbox is made to handle it, so you won't have to worry about it, they come prepacked with the fastest processors and graphical capability, for computer you have to get that on your own, and install it on your own.
I'm well aware. Just poorly attempting to make a joke.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Well that's a lie, I've seen gameplay with both super strength and speed. As for worse/like COD, haven't people been saying this would happen since they said they were going to port it to consoles? What did you expect?

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
It has killcams and a UAV available after three kills, some sort of airstrike after five, and a helicopter/spaceship after seven. Way to push the boat out. Nevertheless it doesn't mean that Crysis 2 wont be good. It looks like a cross between COD and Halo - it could be interesting.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
AnAngryMoose said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
AnAngryMoose said:
ShadowKatt said:
Oh... XD

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
octafish said:
So what no "Maximum Strength"? That isn't Crysis, then.
It'll be in the single player. That's already shown.

Multiplayer streamlined the powers - You have the Maximum Strength's jump and punch and Maximum Speed's sprint/slide.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
AnAngryMoose said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
AnAngryMoose said:
ShadowKatt said:
Oh... XD
No bother. I can picture how it would turn out:

TheECP

Nov 1, 2007
Honestly, they're just trying to get the crowd who likes Call Of Duty, but wants a little variation. I love CoD, but I'm sick of it. Playing this Demo was familiar but JUST different enough to catch my attention; not $60 worth of attention of course, but that's just me. There might be a bunch of people similar to me who will buy it, and that's pretty much the target audience.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
I don't care about multiplayer at all. If Single Player doesn't lack the gameplay elements that made the first Crysis great I will be satisfied. I didn't buy Crysis for multiplayer anyway and I never even touched it.
As for the urban jungle setting. I doubt the entire game will be set there. Remember we still have to find out what happened with Prophet, Nomad and Psycho. We basically don't know anything about the story. All we know is that some missions will take place in NYC, we don't know if all missions are going to take place there.
TheECP said:
Honestly, they're just trying to get the crowd who likes Call Of Duty, but wants a little variation. I love CoD, but I'm sick of it. Playing this Demo was familiar but JUST different enough to catch my attention; not $60 worth of attention of course, but that's just me. There might be a bunch of people similar to me who will buy it, and that's pretty much the target audience.
And CoD is worth $60? Oh please, CoD isn't worth $15. Same engine, same gameplay. All they did is changed a few models and put in some new features. The cost of all of those features couldn't have been enough to justify the $60 price tag!

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
TOGSolid said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
they don't have super speed or super strength
Yes they do. Maximum armor also has super strength. Neutral mode == super speed and strength.
Good God, is it really that bad?

Crytek, why the hell do you want to ruin your game? Why on earth couldn't you make an original IP instead of impaling Crysis through the heart and destroying it's legacy? Why?!

OT: Obvious Crybaby nature aside, I'll try the demo then I choose if it's worth it or not.

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
Radeonx said:
Crysis 2 looks fantastic. I don't care if its unoriginal, because the game is going to be awesome.
The graphics really are mindblowing and all the player mechanics are good. Movement and shooting all feel slick and bad-ass. And switching vision modes in multiplayer is so satisfying. The tactical element of stealth or shield is always making the game more interesting and managing your power is something that needs fine tuned skill to use well. The game looks well balanced and I was surprised by the freedom to climb in multiplayer. I mean what is this Brink?

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
SamuelT said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
SamuelT said:

I don't care about the map. I just don't like how crysis transformed itself into modern warfare with aliens.
You know Ghost Recon Future Soldier. I wished so much that that would be first person (having no previous knowledge of ghost recon games). When I learnt what the Ghost Recon series was I was put off but crisis 2 looks to be the answer.

This is not modern warfare in modern warfare you never had to worry about invisible dudes or guys slide tackling you. There is simply more to it than Call of Duty.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
What's unoriginal about a guy in super-armour going about beating up bad guys with an accent grizzlier than a grizzly bear?