Does Javik add alot to the lore of the game? Is Omega worth it? (Mass Effect 3)

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Adding my echo to the Jarik approval, it boggles my mind still that he is considered "supplementary material", he adds a whole lot to the game and is my most positive memory of me3.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I'd say From Ashes is definitely worth it. The mission itself is kind of dull, but Javik himself is a worthwhile and interesting. Even if you don't particularly care about the lore, he's just a cool dude to have. They did a lot of interesting things with his character and played around with the idea of what it would be like to have the last survivor of an ancient race we know nothing about. Liara, who is kind of an audience surrogate in their first scene, went in expecting him to be the be-all and end-all, but what she got was an ordinary dude who also happened to be a bitter old racist. He's like an angry insectoid Dave Lister.

As for Omega...eh. I got it when it was on an XBL sale, but I wouldn't say it was that worth it. There was a cool gun and a nice, if simplistic couple of moral choices, but nothing much else.

Rayne360

Dec 28, 2013
I'm a Mass Effect junkie so I may be biased but every DLC is worth it. Adds more variety even if its short.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
He(Javik) makes priority Thessia which is normally a teeth grinding Liara Whine fest into awesome fun. Nobody else, not even Garrus who witnessed his own planet get power bombed, shuts down Liara's whining quite as awesomely.

As for Omega its pretty pants and your victory is soured by that fact that you can't go back to Omega after winning. Also Aria is still hanging out in the Citadel afterward with the cheap excuse of "still having unfinished business there".

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
It ultimately depends, in my opinion. If you're a Mass Effect fan and have the mpney to spare, I recommend both. Omega can get a bit... grindy, but I do like it. Javik and From Ashes were also great because Javik gets some great dialogue.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
"From Ashes" is a mixed bag. Javik as a character is great. He has great information about the Prothean Empire and brilliant banter with the crew, he's the only one that Liara the conversation thief doesn't really impact.

The actual mission though is rather dull.

If you are playing on PC it is possible to unlock the character with a bit of tinkering. You won't get the recruitment mission but you will get pretty much everything else.

I disliked "Omega". It's biggest pull relies on if you liked the character of Aria. If you do then you will love the DLC, if you don't then it is just more of the same combat heavy gameplay.

Joey Banana

Apr 27, 2014
Omega is similiar to Leviathan. It focuses on story and plot, has some neat new gameplay mechanics/mini-games, enemy types or weapons/powers. It really depends if you like Aria and the Omega missions from ME2, though. However, you can't take any squadmates with you and can't leave until you've finished the mission.

From Ashes is all about Javik. He's awesome and by far my favorite squadmate but i can't really recommend the DLC. I haven't played it for a long time but i remember the mission being very short and Javik's overrall effect on the story and the ME world rather small.