Does The Escapist seem slow to you?

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
Grabbin Keelz said:
This just happens at any random occasion, regardless of internet connection. One moment I can jump from page to page without any trouble, the next it takes ten minutes to leave a single post. I wondered if it just might be my internet, but all the other sites I try work fine.
Does this ever happen to you on this site?

EDIT: Ok, so in the time it took me to take a shower and refresh the page (which literally took three minutes) I have read the comments and compiled all of the possible reasons that The Escapist lags.

1. Bad internet connection
2. Yahtzee causing traffic
3. Not enough servers
4. Poor coding from The Escapist themselves
5. lulzec did it
6. Not being a member of the Pub Club (I'm gonna be pretty pissed off if this is the case)
Fuckin' hell, man. I thought it was just my connection. Glad to hear it's not just me...I guess.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
I wish slow would be an increase in speed right now it's been pretty running at a snails pace since the lulzsec incident.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
I wish slow would be an increase in speed right now it's been pretty running at a snails pace since the lulzsec incident.

Guess what caused the double post?

Gamer_152

Mar 3, 2011
I agree, I have the same issue quite a bit of the time. It's good to know it's not just me getting this.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Redlin5 said:
It's not lulzsec, it's Wednesday multiplied by 3 because it is Yahtzee's real DNF review.

TimeLord said:
Kross said:
TimeLord said:
I blame ZP.

And Thermis. Give the Escapist more servers Thermis! More than 10, ideally 200
We actually have less then 10 servers right now, and only 5 of them are the front end web/database servers. Due to rack space issues, we'll most likely be trying to replace some of our older servers with beefier ones before we actually add more total servers. I'm trying to get more servers as soon as we have more money. :(
Bake sale anyone?
Or a fund raising car wash with the LRR crew?
:D WE COULD MAKE IT INTO A LRR EPISODE WHILE WE DO IT! XD
How about someone brings a high-speed camera and we could charge people five bucks to drop something in front of the camera per drop? All the while making it in a LRR episode. All proceeds would then go to the IT team for servers and...

Data.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
Usually happens on Wednesdays for me, it can be slow at times so maybe something else is causing heavy traffic that I'm not aware of but its always slow on wednesday evenings for me.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Grabbin Keelz said:
1. Bad internet connection
2. Yahtzee causing traffic
3. Not enough servers
4. Poor coding from The Escapist themselves
5. lulzec did it
6. Not being a member of the Pub Club (I'm gonna be pretty pissed off if this is the case)
You can strike not being a Pub Club member off your list, I've been having intermittent problems all day. My money is just on a large volume of traffic since ZP did it's real DNF review today.

PleasantAsAHeadcrab

Jan 22, 2011
I think this is the first time it's been so laggy for me. o_o
I clicked Yahtzee's review and my computer promptly crashed.
Twice.
I know it's got something to do with the site, I went to a couple other places, came back, and confirmed that only The Escapist inspires to devil-machine I call a computer to commit suicide.

...Not gonna lie, at first I thought it was so slow 'cus of high user traffic due to people flocking to see Yahtzee's Duke Nuke'em review.

Banister75

May 28, 2011
Slow? I could barely get the website up half the time. I hear the site might be going under maintenance, so it might be faster soon.

Mr spank

Jan 30, 2010
it happens to me every so often. i thought i was going crazy, but now i see other people are experiencing it too.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Scabadus said:
The site's been a bit iffy for me ever since Lulzsec DDoSed it last week, it's possible some hardware burned out and hasn't been replaced yet.
Same here in terms of it just being slow as a snail sometimes even since it was DDoSed last week. It's not a huge problem, just a little bit annoying at times.