Does the universe even want to be explained.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
The truth is that it is all God's plan to confuse us.

You think the Earth is flat? Boom, it is globular now!
You think the speed og light is the maximum achievable velocity? Boom, particles can go 6 percent faster than light speed!

After the tower of Babel incidence God just descided that rather than make it harder for them to cooperate, why not just raise the sky?

gideonkain

Nov 12, 2010
Hammeroj said:
Things are complicated, therefore the universe is sentient and does not want to be explained.

This isn't a theory. It's barely a hypothesis, there's almost nothing connecting the premise and the conclusion.
Agreed.

The Universe is hard to explain because it's complicated. 100 years ago we barely had a grasp of combustion engines and 100 years before that we barely had a grasp of electricity.

To say that the reason we can't figure out why things are the way they are is because the Universe is hiding the keys from us is ridiculous.

And yes, one question leads to another and then another - welcome to existence.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
Tide comes in, tide goes out. Can't explain that

how about shit just being complicated? No need to bring supernatural beings into it

Old Father Eternity

Aug 6, 2010
Whether it is sentient or not, there is a certain ""My ways are not your ways" Which I think means "I'm mysterious folks.Deal with it.""

In a cosmic scale we are mere ants/children. We go about our daily business relying on what we know and how we understand it. As time goes on (if we are lucky enough not blow ourselves up or screw up otherwise) we will of-course be able to understand everything better, thanks to which we can better analyse knowledge we already have and gain more and better knowledge on that basis, proceed with repeat and rince. There will always be however something beyond us, beyond our comprehension or even the ability to notice.

Best answer to most things in Ones opinion is Live and see, only time will tell. Has held up sofar and will most likely do so til the end.

Fishdog52

Apr 18, 2011
Paraphrasing a bit, "[anything] sufficiently complicated is indistinguishable from magic." Most things, given the chaotic nature of the world, have numerous variables that we can't fully understand yet. Why do you think meteorologists always promise a 40% chance of anything?

Odds are, even as time approaches infinity, we will never truly solve every last mystery of the universe. We can probably figure out most of the ones which impact our daily lives though.

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
Thetwistedendgame said:
Now, with all the things going on about particles going faster then light(thought to be impossible) and theories like Schrodinger's cat to confuse us even more, I have concluded that the Universe is sentient and will not and cannot, for some reason, let itself be fully explained. My theory is that for every mystery we solve will be another confusing situation, and it will carry on like a match of ping pong for the rest of all eternity, until the Universe decides to cheat and wipe us off itself like a human wipes an ant off of his knee. Thoughts, arguments, and opinions.
The FTL particles has been explained, and was an error in the calculations of those running the experiment. There is no evidence that the universe is sentient. Schrodinger's cat isn't confusing to a lot of people.

There is so much we don't know that I can see where you're coming from. However, I believe that eventually all phenomenon that can be explained will be. Certainly not in my lifetime, or likely even the next few thousand years but eventually.

IKSA

Jun 30, 2011
Universe is very complicated and it laws are bit odd and when technology devolps so does sience at least its better than beliving magical dood did it all.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Thetwistedendgame said:
Now, with all the things going on about particles going faster then light(thought to be impossible) and theories like Schrodinger's cat to confuse us even more, I have concluded that the Universe is sentient and will not and cannot, for some reason, let itself be fully explained. My theory is that for every mystery we solve will be another confusing situation, and it will carry on like a match of ping pong for the rest of all eternity, until the Universe decides to cheat and wipe us off itself like a human wipes an ant off of his knee. Thoughts, arguments, and opinions.
Really.
Well I have this math equation that I cannot wrap my head around, so I have concluded that it is sentient and actively foils my attempts to solve it.
The problem cannot possibly lie with me.

The universe is unimaginably vast.
Yes, literally unimaginably vast.
It's absurd to think that any one person could possibly understand even a small percentage about it.
You've just pulled a very bad argument called 'god of the gaps', in which you insert a deity into something you do not understand.
For example: "This 'windmill' somehow mills the wheat by itself! That is impossible! The Wheat God must be behind it!"

Ryengu

May 22, 2011
If we are in any way part of the universe (which we are, made from the stuff of stars long dead), then as long as we want to explain the universe, some part of the universe must want to be explained. Yes? :B

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
Thetwistedendgame said:
Most possible is that word does not care if we explore it or not. At the same time it seems the world is endless in all senses, what makes it unexplorable.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Okay.

I for some reason read the title as "Does the Disney universe even want to be explained"

I then began reading the comments and thinking to myself WTF?

huser

Jul 8, 2011
Thetwistedendgame said:
Although I conclude from a few reactions that a sentient universe is a bit farfetched, I will stay by my theory that for every answer will come a new question to take the old ones place. Until it is disproved by a combination of cynics, critics, and people who actually know what they're talking about(Calling out to all sensemakers!!!)
That's not a theory. Gravity as it's understood by us is a theory. It needs to not only be consistent with all current knowledge, it needs to make verifiable predictions that are then...well verified.