Does the World Need Halo: Reach-themed Mountain Dew?

savageoblivi0n

Aug 7, 2008
i loved the white-out flavor, but i'm still saddened that in the first dewmocracy voltage beat revolution....god i loved me some revolution

NeutralDrow said:
More Mountain Dew would be a good thing.

You know what would be better? If they used Halo Reach as an excuse to BRING BACK PITCH BLACK, DAMMIT!
ya know i actually loved the pitch black II, when it had the sour flavor to it o.0

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
A friend of mines has collected all but Jun and six. Now I can tell him why he can't find six.

Also, I kind of like it how you graded each flavor the same way I graded each character.

bojac6

Oct 15, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Name: Jun S-266
Armor Color: Blue
Mountain Dew Flavor: Diet Mountain Dew

While I was at first disappointed with the fact that the smallest guy on the Noble Team was relegated into Diet status, [user]Susan Arendt[/user] rightly pointed out that he's a sniper and didn't need to consume as many calories as the rest of the team. I can't argue with that logic.

Grade: B-

And that sort of comment is why Susan Arendt is my favorite.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
I don't know who Jun S-266 is, but I feel bad for him. After all, he does carry the big gun, right? Let's put some sugar in that barrel.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Greg Tito said:
"We've also included the newest member of our Mountain Dew family: Mountain Dew White Out. You won't find this edition of White Out in stores. It's not for sale and you can't buy it. We're giving it only to true Mountain Dew fans."

My only question is: How did they know?!?!
Obviously they made an error. That was meant for me. I am Mountain Dew's Biggest Fan!
And the Doritos? As always, they were delicious, but perhaps more so because they were so wonderfully paired with a sugar & caffeine-induced high.

I should be able to sleep in a week or two.
Not if you don't share those with me. Next night you will wake up, turn over and find me standing over you...staring. BWAHAHAHAHA!
[sub]Oh very well, congratulations. Can I recommend a painkiller for the withdrawals?[/sub]

Shane McGinnis

Oct 1, 2010
PLEASE I NEED THAT NOBLE SIX WHITE OUT!!! I save and collect Mountain Dew stuff physical and virtual. When Mountain Dew shows a commercial, or small video to us and then removes it later when the promotion is over, I get the .flv file of that video or the pictures they show and save it to my Mountain Dew folder. I also collect all Mountain Dew stuff, anything branded with Mountain Dew I save. I drink it daily, just like water. IT IS ALWAYS MY DRINK OF CHOICE. I back Mountain Dew up anytime someone disses it, I am a die hard fan and will do /anything/ for that white out. Please if you didn't give it away yet, PLEASE send it to me, or add me to the list of people to possibly win it. PLEASSSSSSEEEE!

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
Greg Tito said:

What do the members of Halo: Reach's Noble Team taste like?

I inexplicably got a package from the Pepsi Corporation this morning that contained five different varieties of Mountain Dew for each of the Noble Team in Halo: Reach. According to the marketing materials that came with the box, only 300 of these "Halo: Reach Honor the Code kits" were created. Not only did I get five bottled of variously colored sugar water, but I was also lucky enough to receive two bags of Doritos with Halo branding. "But there's more!" Isn't there always?
Wait a minute............
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Mountain Dew is Pepsi? This alone, is news to me.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
...Is it wrong of me to hate you? I want it...
Before even reading I was like
GAME FUEL AND I DID NOT KNOW?! BLASPHEMY! Yes the world could do with more Halo MD. I want the statistics! Oh and if you didn't know when you drink your first Mountain Dew a little chip is implanted in your throat, it sends your daily intake of MD back to head quarters. I learned that the hard way.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Anomynous 167 said:
Greg Tito said:

What do the members of Halo: Reach's Noble Team taste like?

I inexplicably got a package from the Pepsi Corporation this morning that contained five different varieties of Mountain Dew for each of the Noble Team in Halo: Reach. According to the marketing materials that came with the box, only 300 of these "Halo: Reach Honor the Code kits" were created. Not only did I get five bottled of variously colored sugar water, but I was also lucky enough to receive two bags of Doritos with Halo branding. "But there's more!" Isn't there always?
Wait a minute............
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Mountain Dew is Pepsi? This alone, is news to me.
Almost every soda pop on the shelves is either owned by the Pepsi or Coke group, you usually can just turn to the back and see either logo.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
Catalyst6 said:
I don't know who Jun S-266 is, but I feel bad for him. After all, he does carry the big gun, right? Let's put some sugar in that barrel.
Jun is the sniper, Jorge is the big Spartan-II with the machine gun.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Commander Breetai said:
Actually, I think the better question is: "Does the world need Mountain Dew?"
Does the world need humans? Does it need anything? On a universal scale, is need even possible? Because my needs contradict with the needs of others, negating both. Essentially, everything we do is pointless, and the only thing we should bother with is personal gain.

Naturally, everyone can't be living like that at the same time, things would collapse. So some of us become workaholics, others, slackers, with most falling in the middle. For these people, Mountain Dew or similar products provide relief, they give us the right amount of pleasure, in combination with other entertaintainment. They allow us to carry on our day, and thus further the species. If the world can need anything, it needs Mountain Dew. Even if it tastes like piss.

JoshTheater

LRR Enthusiast
Nov 20, 2009
The original Mountain Dew, Code Red, and Voltage are all absolutely delicious to me. They're all spectacular flavors and I love them. I cycle between the three regularly. Livewire is also pretty good, but I never liked it as much as the other three.

I found Whiteout to be quite odd though, it tastes good to me at first but then I get really sick of it about halfway through the bottle. I liked the other two flavors in the vote better. Typhoon was your standard berry/tropical flavor, it tasted good but it wasn't really anything special. I originally expected Distortion to be gross, but it was actually okay, pretty much just tasted like regular Mountain Dew with a little limey tang to it. All in all though, none of the three stood out to me, I wouldn't regularly consume any of them.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
MystryMeet said:
Catalyst6 said:
Well, yeah. Machine guns are nice and all, but there are redwoods that are smaller than Halo's sniper rifle.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
Catalyst6 said:
MystryMeet said:
Catalyst6 said:
Well, yeah. Machine guns are nice and all, but there are redwoods that are smaller than Halo's sniper rifle.
I was just trying to inform you on which character we were talking about. Yes the sniper rifle has a long barrel and is big I just thought you meant THE BIG GUN which is usually used to refer to Jorge so I thought you had confused them.