Does this site ever give you a headache?

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
iBagel said:
Saulkar said:
iBagel said:
Saulkar said:
iBagel said:
Oh and the amount of people claiming to have asbergers.
I have to agree on that one. I was diagnosed after a six month observation period twelve years ago and rediagnosed with it in 2010. The number of people who use (self diagnosed) Aspergers as an excuse for antisocial behavior is appalling and makes it difficult to discuss it online because most people will either assume you are a deplorable fuck witt or a self diagnosed twat. If I had not mentioned that I had Aspergers would you have even known?
No, but quite rankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
Conterproductive to my aformentioned statement I have no idea what you are talking about. I recognise the quote but I do not understand its implications outside of snarky apathy.
You asked a question, did you not?
I answered it, did I not?
Asked a question I did so.

Gave an cryptic reply you did.

The nature of which ambiguous no?

I think so.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
erttheking said:
Frankly I may have stumbled into one too many frustrating conversations today and I want to ask you something, have you ever been on the escapist and found yourself wanting to claw your eyes out? With all of the arguments, conflicting opinions and people just being outright insulting and snobby it's bound to happen sooner or later. I mainly wanted to vent a little bit, care to share any stories of frustration with the rest of us?
Well I'm a Free Methodist Christian (Old Earth Creationist if you really wish to get technical) and have gotten a lot of vitriolic flak from the atheists and anti-theists of the Escapist. I personally don't attack anyone for their views, merely disagree. But up until now I've been called myriad names ranging from "stupid" & "brainwashed" to "instant homophobe / murder proponent" & "emotional terroist", and everything in between. Although the most creative and entertaining name I've been called was "infected by a memetic disease that has taken control of your entire thought process". I mean, that must have been a slog to type.

I've got to admit that despite it only being text in an internet forum, it does hurt, because all I ever did was attempt to contribute to the discussion yet was met with such seeming anger and bitterness.

But this is the internet, a place where people can slag each other off in (almost) complete anonymity with minimal chance of repercussion extending passed a harshly worded response or getting reported to the moderator.

Saulkar said:
iBagel said:
Saulkar said:
iBagel said:
Saulkar said:
iBagel said:
I have to agree on that one. I was diagnosed after a six month observation period twelve years ago and rediagnosed with it in 2010. The number of people who use (self diagnosed) Aspergers as an excuse for antisocial behavior is appalling and makes it difficult to discuss it online because most people will either assume you are a deplorable fuck witt or a self diagnosed twat. If I had not mentioned that I had Aspergers would you have even known?
Conterproductive to my aformentioned statement I have no idea what you are talking about. I recognise the quote but I do not understand its implications outside of snarky apathy.

I think so.
Okay, this is turning into THE weirdest poem I've seen in my life.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
When someone disregards someones reasoning even if it's fairly good with irrelavent logic that makes little sense in context and sums up the other persons statement as "hurr durr". And a lot of the time, They Literaly put that on the end.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
w9496 said:
*Looks at Religion/Politics section*
A place I stay away from for the sole reason of not becoming annoyed with the conflict.

Other than that minefield which I will not wander to, not really. Only once have I had a minor explosion over someone being rude to the OP of a thread. Sorted it out in the end anyway.....

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
iBagel said:
Saulkar said:
iBagel said:
Saulkar said:
iBagel said:
Saulkar said:
iBagel said:

I think so.
You asked if I would have known that you have assburgers if you hadn't said so. I said no, but that I also don't care whether you do or not. what's so cryptic about that?
You butchered a quote from an old movie, I did not understand whether you were being cheeky or an ass. Given your unwarranted, bitter Assburgers comment, it is obvious.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Oh hell yes it does... the people on here can be the most pretentious, arrogant, partial, biased, selfish, ignorant, provacative assholes on the internet... and i wouldnt have it any other way :). My friends, Crack on!