does your friends call you by your username

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Nope, although that might be because I keep my online and offline worlds separate. *shrug*

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Not just friends, but family even call me by my username. My cousin rarely says my real name at all.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Only one of my friends does, and that's because we met online, so he associates that name with me.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
My friends and I do use our steam tags during co-op LAN play sometimes, as you said, the more hectic the gameplay the more likely we are to use the tags.

I also ended up making IRL friends with some of my Guild Wars guild mates. We slip into calling each each other by our main character names surprisingly often even though most of us retired from that game close to a year ago.

SodaDew

Sep 28, 2009
I call my friends on XBL by there user names, but with me y gamer tag has my name in it,so its one in the same for me.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
My username is my nickname so yes. A large amount rarely use my real name. In school because so many people used my nickname some people didn't even know you real name.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Solaire of Astora said:
...I don't have any friends.

Well, not on The Escapist, anyway. I do have a good few online friends made from games that know my real name though. Just not here.

Edit: Didn't say what my real life friends call me. They mostly call by my last name (Allen). I guess it is a bit easier to say than my first name.
You make me sad Solaire D:

OT: Sometimes they do, it varies

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
All my friends from game such as WoW call me Dark.

However,a group of so called "irl" friends that I met in WoW and we are Skyping daily to play LoL and other games besides WoW call me by my normal name(Cristi).

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
When gaming friends call me Spaceman. The same friends use my real name when we aren't gaming.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
People online call me Uzo.

People online who know me IRL call me Uzo.

Japanese friends call me Uzo (my real name is difficult for them to pronounce).

All others (ie people who only know my IRL) call me by my real name ...

... Cyberdoppler Humperdink !

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I prefer to be called by my nickname when I'm on Xbox because I react faster. Most of my friends call me "Pinky".
I have a friend we all call Snook because part of his last name.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
When gaming yes people do, mostly just shortened it down to 'Famo'. But lately RL friends have been calling me Famo on social networking sites and texts.
Doesn't bother me at all.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Lolno. When I used to play Xbox LIVE games, people tend to call me Broady or if they pronounce it wrong Brody.

Other than that, my friends I know of in real life just call me by first name or an awesome combo between my first and surname.

Ziggy

Jul 13, 2010
StBishop said:
Ziggy said:
simple question, do they. for me only a few of my friends call me Ziggy, but only is we are in a situation where we need to react fast (like fighting a horde in L4D)
Is the user name based off of your last name? If so do you occasionally go by the name Krusade?
not at all

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Ziggy said:
StBishop said:
Ziggy said:
simple question, do they. for me only a few of my friends call me Ziggy, but only is we are in a situation where we need to react fast (like fighting a horde in L4D)
Is the user name based off of your last name? If so do you occasionally go by the name Krusade?
not at all
Oh well, I thought you might be someone I know who is occasionally called Ziggy.