Doki Doki literature club killed someone

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Elijin said:
Seth Carter said:
Your Creator said:
Steam doesn't age rate their games? That's really bad.
Someone linked the credit card that minors literally can't have to Steam before you can get things on there.

IF we're assuming the kids are capable enough to create their own Steam account and get money from somewhere to buy steam cards and somehow avoid their parents noticing the used steam cards, I'm guessing the extra click of Age gate wouldn't exactly be a hindrance.

Otherwise the parents are the actual account holders and buying the games, so if they buy the game its the same as if someone goes into Gamestop with their 10 year old and buys GTA.
You can buy giftcards straight of the racks alongside all the other pre-determined value gift cards, so uh...???
Sure, with the fountains of money that children have on hand from uh...???.

You'll note I didn't discount the possibility of that, or even of setting up an unauthorized Steam account on their own. Just poitned out that an Age gate does literally nothing if they already got that far. At that point clicking the "Sure I"m 18" button or picking a year that's not actually real (I've seen some that actually default to January 1, 1900, which is obviously old enough to do whatever) is childs play.

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
Silentpony said:
Smithnikov said:
Say, I wonder where GamerGate is in all of this? They are our duely appointed defenders against anti-gamer maligning, right?
They're waiting for Jim Sterling, Moviebob and Jezebel to blame the whole thing on misogynist vagina-fearing incels before declaring ALL of Video Gaming dead.
WOn't defend the last two, but Sterling's at least tried to do more consumer advocacy than Milo, Based Mom, and Roosh have.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
So, which is exactly the OP's point? "Here are a couple of articles and a video. Have fun!"?

Does the OP agree or disagree with the articles? Or it's just a joke post?

Majestic_Manatee

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2017
Country
Wales
Seth Carter said:
Someone linked the credit card that minors literally can't have to Steam before you can get things on there.

IF we're assuming the kids are capable enough to create their own Steam account and get money from somewhere to buy steam cards and somehow avoid their parents noticing the used steam cards, I'm guessing the extra click of Age gate wouldn't exactly be a hindrance.

Otherwise the parents are the actual account holders and buying the games, so if they buy the game its the same as if someone goes into Gamestop with their 10 year old and buys GTA.
For the parents not the kids. Nobody expects a child to make a responsible decision.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Your Creator said:
Seth Carter said:

For the parents not the kids. Nobody expects a child to make a responsible decision.
Yes, that's why you don't make your kid a steam account. Or give them an unmonitored online device.

If they want to throw a passcode control you can apply on games in (assuming that isn't already a thing, I don't use steam as a general rule) for a shared computer, that'd be vaguely sensical. But an age gate is just another layer of the same protection that's already failed if your kid has open access to Steam to begin with.

Like this isn't a hard concept, there's already been an age gate crossed to make the Steam account to start with. The second one isn't any more of a barrier.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Yes, by this logic from the OP Coco-cola should be sued for each and every tooth decay. Like the old saying goes, guns don't kill people - rappers do.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Seth Carter said:
Your Creator said:
Steam doesn't age rate their games? That's really bad.

DDLC is free anyways.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
Smithnikov said:

Fucking HELL, why did he give this game away for free!? If he'd charged for this, he'd be singing this

Say, I wonder where GamerGate is in all of this? They are our duely appointed defenders against anti-gamer maligning, right?
I am for putting the entirety of the blame on the parents as a Gamergate supporter, they bought the PC allowed the kid to download games, and failed to monitor what they played and failed to notice they are suicidal the blame lays with them and them alone.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
CaitSeith said:
So, which is exactly the OP's point? "Here are a couple of articles and a video. Have fun!"?
Pretty much. I just have a phone, and I don't want to type lengthy discussions with my thumbs.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
See, rampant weebery is a menace to modern society! Not only is it killing future generations by making men want to pork pillows and jizz over posters rather than seeking a relationship with a real human, now it's also pushing children to commit suicide!

Sad to hear about the kid though.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
bluegate said:
See, rampant weebery is a menace to modern society! Not only is it killing future generations by making men want to pork pillows and jizz over posters rather than seeking a relationship with a real human, now it's also pushing children to commit suicide!
That's technically true about anime stuff indulging people into pure escapism. Japan has ridiculous high standards for men, so most crack under pressure and withdraw from the world.

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
DANEgerous said:
I am for putting the entirety of the blame on the parents as a Gamergate supporter, they bought the PC allowed the kid to download games, and failed to monitor what they played and failed to notice they are suicidal the blame lays with them and them alone.
Good to hear.

RobertEHouse

Former Mad Man
Mar 29, 2012
bluegate said:
Escapism is fine; the problem is people have other serious issues. That leads them down the road to extreme escapism. Physical health or mental health never is addressed.

Same blame brought about 1919 and the passing of the volstead act against Alcohol. People blamed the escapism for all the social wrongs in the world, when in fact they existed long before Alcohol. It's a society problems of not addressing depression, Hate,Pain and Isolationism which leads to people doing this stuff.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
RobertEHouse said:
bluegate said:
Escapism is fine; the problem is people have other serious issues. That leads them down the road to extreme escapism. Physical health or mental health never is addressed.
On top of that, the media we consume changes us. And weebshit changes us for the worse.

Anyway, I'm feeling edgy this morning so all I have to say is: the game was a test, the kid failed. Or passed. I mean, he did pass away...

Okay-okay, edgy or not, I've got nothing on this "Piotr Pietruszewski's" fb comment:

This guy deserves a Darwin Award! It was clearly stated that this game is not for people with depression, anxiety and stuff. It can be compared to putting your hand into a wood chipper despite the warning it'll chop your hand off! What's next? Cutting yourself over a wrecked car in BeamNG.drive?! "Ooh! Look! Gabester is a psychopath because he made the vehicles for this game! (BeamNG.drive you B-BAKA!) One more vodka shot please- *blurgh*" I'm sorry for their parents for having such a dumb child... Thank natural selection he's gone.
I'm going to hell for laughing, sorry.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
McElroy said:
RobertEHouse said:
bluegate said:
On top of that, the media we consume changes us. And weebshit changes us for the worse.

Anyway, I'm feeling edgy this morning so all I have to say is: the game was a test, the kid failed. Or passed. I mean, he did pass away...

Okay-okay, edgy or not, I've got nothing on this "Piotr Pietruszewski's" fb comment:

This guy deserves a Darwin Award! It was clearly stated that this game is not for people with depression, anxiety and stuff. It can be compared to putting your hand into a wood chipper despite the warning it'll chop your hand off! What's next? Cutting yourself over a wrecked car in BeamNG.drive?! "Ooh! Look! Gabester is a psychopath because he made the vehicles for this game! (BeamNG.drive you B-BAKA!) One more vodka shot please- *blurgh*" I'm sorry for their parents for having such a dumb child... Thank natural selection he's gone.
I'm going to hell for laughing, sorry.
Is there some set of secondary warnings? Because, the storefront makes some very vague warnings, nothing about staying away if you struggle with "depression, anxiety and stuff"

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Elijin said:
Is there some set of secondary warnings? Because, the storefront makes some very vague warnings, nothing about staying away if you struggle with "depression, anxiety and stuff"
There are some in-game warnings. In all honesty and from the safety of my own perceived mental fortitude, thinking "well, it can't be THAT disturbing" when in reality you're just a breeze away from KYS seems -- all things (that we know of) considered -- a stroke of bad luck.