Doldrums and Oddities: Share Something Bemusing

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
The Canadian wildfires have been putting out enough smoke to where the skies here in upstate New York have been a weird shade of yellow for most of the day. Apparently even New Jersey is contemplating declaring a "red alert" for air quality.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I think you're giving this guy more attention than he deserves. He was utterly disassembled by everyone he attacked, especially Alex from I Hate Everything, and he deserves to burn in the hell of obscurity.
Ah yeah fair enough - Hadn't heard of him nor the people who discredited him before seeing the Tropes page (well, did read a book called I Hate Everything years ago, but probably not related), so that was all new to me. Was mainly curious about why this vaguely familiar name appeared to be utilising some SEO minimising services to keep inconvenient information further from public reach despite having a whole kids entertainment thing going on. Am always late to internet bandwagons lol!

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
The Canadian wildfires have been putting out enough smoke to where the skies here in upstate New York have been a weird shade of yellow for most of the day. Apparently even New Jersey is contemplating declaring a "red alert" for air quality.
Well you should have asked to be in a non-smoking section.

It seems like there's more fires every year. I definitely don't remember the air being this smokey every summer (well, spring this year) when I was a kid.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Well you should have asked to be in a non-smoking section.

It seems like there's more fires every year. I definitely don't remember the air being this smokey every summer (well, spring this year) when I was a kid.
Enjoy it while you can, only going to get worse.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
One of my previous co-workers used to brag that he'd only read 4 books in his lifetime. Just kind of blows my mind. I have to wonder if there is a similar mindset in the people that post "too long, didn't read." on reddit.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
One of my previous co-workers used to brag that he'd only read 4 books in his lifetime. Just kind of blows my mind. I have to wonder if there is a similar mindset in the people that post "too long, didn't read." on reddit.
Did they go to school? Wouldn't they be forced to read books there?

On a related note, IIRC Elle McPherson has been quoted saying she only reads books she has written, and one former king of England didn't read because "I don't learn from books, I learn from life", but I think the parliament did all the work by then, he was just a rich parasite.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Did they go to school? Wouldn't they be forced to read books there?

On a related note, IIRC Elle McPherson has been quoted saying she only reads books she has written, and one former king of England didn't read because "I don't learn from books, I learn from life", but I think the parliament did all the work by then, he was just a rich parasite.
They did. That's where they read the four books.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Am now intrigued, what work did you and you co-worker do? Was it in editing or proofreading? Literary agents, perhaps?
Shockingly enough no. We rebuilt pump jacks. It seems not every mechanic is as well-read as you might expect.