Doomsday Arcade: Episode 25: Series Finale

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
orn310 said:
Such a cop out...
The whole "its not a cop out" thing might have flown if they didn't have Kratos as the big fight. It's like they ran out of time/actors left.

EDIT: Maybe I'm being too harsh, the series is amazing throughout.

templar88

Apr 15, 2009
What a great way to finish a series. Probably the best episode of the lot. I look forward to seeing what other shows you come up with in the future.

darkdoom2

Jul 18, 2009
Great show, although im a bit dissapointed by the ending.
Crap, now that doomsday arcade AND unforgotten realms are both dead, half of the reason to go to this site is gone.........

CompactNinja

Aug 22, 2009
im clinging to this tiny thread of hope that a second version is going to be released on a day which isnt april fools which kinda gives us a more conclusive ending. i dunno, while it was a great episode, i just felt let down. not even so much by not revealing the man upstairs, i can understand that, but honestly cutting out nefarious and mr mitchell as well as just killing off mario AND luigi? that just seemed cheap in my personal opinion.
regardless of whether that comes to fruition or not, it still was a great series, grats on great episode after great episode. hope to see more from you guys.

GuiltBlade

Nov 6, 2009
loved that ending. Very funny explanation scene. Skipped the musical to reach it.
Anyway, now that your shows over I look forward to seeing more of your exploits in the future.

Freehugs

Apr 2, 2010
Have to be honest, was half expecting laser cat to be the man upstairs as a final twist lol. Or hi nemesis laser Dog :D

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
So I heard there was a LRR cameo randomly so I decided to invest the time in the whole series just now and damn I'm glad I did. =D

Great ending, having watched it all at once and having no personal preconceptions about the Man Upstairs I'm a bit disappointed to not have a reveal but I guess I understand the reasoning.

Curious if there has been any hints to the identity throughout the series?
Anyone have an educated guess to the identity based purely on evidence from the show?

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
Feylynn said:
Curious if there has been any hints to the identity throughout the series?
Anyone have an educated guess to the identity based purely on evidence from the show?
I think there was I few points where we see him in a suit, but without showing the head. And that they refer to him as "The 'Man' Upstairs". Other than that, Shanks might not have even known the identity back then.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I actually thought "The Man Upstairs" was gonna be Nefarious, but i'm actually satisfied by not knowing. Kinda disappointed though that it was over by just the push of a button and that we didn't get to see Nuke'em do anything, but it was a great show while it lasted. Personally i loved the guitar-solo the most even thought that song was a "wee bit" gay.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
AHA!!! I figured it out everyone!! The man upstairs is actually Toad!! Except he wore a green hat instead of a red one, so none would be the wiser!!

I was a bit disappointed with the song though... It really killed the flow of the rest of the episode and the overall message of the song got put across the first minute, so all those extra shots of the Micheals doing something and having one fade out wasn't needed.. Especially back to back..

The rest of the episode didn't seem to fit in because of that little bump, which is really sad because the entire thing was made of win.

I agree with the majority of these posts though.. The man upstairs being the Dice Lord fits perfectly... The Dice Lord seems like the type of person who would make the main characters jump through hoops for his amusement, and would learn the error of his ways when they finally overcome him.

In the episode with the Dice Lord... He mentions that they are just going through the motions and neither one will kill the other... Would be interesting if it was played out that the Lund and Shanks "leveled up" several times after first meeting the DL and thus was finally able to overcome him.

Either that or the Man upstairs would be the "Dungeon Master." Would be an interesting approach as well.

kawaiiamethist

Nov 21, 2009
Shanks/Lund yaoi for the WIN!!!! XD Oh, you have made my week.

Nothing has managed to rally a sense of Aussie pride quite like this show. You guys did such an awesome job on the series and I look forward to your future projects, regardless of subject matter.

EnigmaHarper

Jul 22, 2009
Okay, so it's been talked about to dead, but I'm gonna continue.

I always thought The Man Upstairs and Mr. Mitchell were the same person. But they never explained who Mr. Mitchell was.

Any thoughts?