Doomsday Arcade: Episode 25: Series Finale

ImpostorZim

Jan 7, 2009
Well, it's been a long ride and a fun one. I know you said we'd be angry with the ending, but your stressed such a good point at the end. If you ever gave away who the man upstairs was, it would piss off 95% of fans haha. It sure as hell wasn't a compound.

I personally thought it was gonna be that big Glove character from Super Smash Bros, but that's just me. Great show, guys!

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
Vohn_exel said:
So Polybus made it possible for the video game characters to cross over? I thought they used Portal technology to do it.

That was a great series guys :D It became something else around episode 11 but still was a great series through and through. The kissing was a bit...ew :p But other then that, it was great! My favorite part of the whole series wasn't even one of the bad puns, but right after Lazer cat died. "Because he's my friend, I can't lose anymore friends..." was just done really well.

I haven't been watching since about episode 11, the finale made me pick the show back up again. The cameos by LRR and Yahtzee and everyone was great, this series was amazing. I hope ya'll find something else you can do in the same vein as this, it was great.

Also, I wonder if there is room for a sequel, as you did leave the man upstairs a mystery, as well as how Peach died (I think.) I could see there being room for a tie up or something, maybe not a sequel but just a longer ending without, you know, a musical :p.
wait... which episode did yahtzee cameo?

ImpostorZim

Jan 7, 2009
darkdoom2 said:
Great show, although im a bit dissapointed by the ending.
Crap, now that doomsday arcade AND unforgotten realms are both dead, half of the reason to go to this site is gone.........
Bah, I know what you mean. There's so much boring crap on now. I watched that I Hit it with my Axe thing and almost shot myself. Now I've just got Apocalypse Lane and Zero Punctuation. Those are like, 2 days of the week. xD

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
S-Unleashed said:
Well dudes thanks for the show it was fun while it was here. Now if only ZP could leave and URealms come back.
*slap* NO!

how about something shitty? like game dogs?

DaveHz

Feb 12, 2010
My question remains unanswered. Recently a bug presented itself in the form of the game over medal for watching all of the 26 episodes of doomsday arcade. As it was probably programmed to be given out after watching any 26 videos of the DA gallery. They stopped this when the bug was reported, so some people have the medal already, but....

Has anyone received the medal after watching this episode? episode 25 that is, for the medal calls out all "26" episodes.

My guess is that this was april fools all along but this episode counts, they'll rewind to the pushing of the button and realize it didn't do anything because the NPC invasion was not directly related to Polybius. The NPCs used portal technology to enter the real world and they sought Polybius to control the rest of the human race via the machine's mind control software. The machine was never said to have the power to vanquish the NPCs
So hang on ppl, my guess is we'll get to see who's the man upstairs.

And my guess is DiceLord. In other words... Go team DiceLord!!!

thrawn1324

Jun 23, 2009
Its sad to see such a fun show with such a cool intro go. Good luck on your future endeavors, I'm sure you'll go far.

TETSUOrocks

Oct 20, 2009
I think the man upstairs would be the Codeman,Codewoman, or simply a machine. They or it would be the ones working to maintain the reality of the game according to what the programmers designed. Neither the NPC or the Gamer could ever really look upon the deity simply because neither could exist beyond the reality they they were put in. Similar to how we couldn't go behind the reality we exit in now to view God.

Not that I'm religous or anything but It think the parrelel would be similar. I'm guessing that why it ended the way it did because everyone has differing opinions as to what god looks like.

Aaaaannnnnnddd.. I want to share my DoomsDay Arcade Poop with y'all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFaECJDOo14

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
TETSUOrocks said:
Aaaaannnnnnddd.. I want to share my Doomsday Arcade Poop with y'all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFaECJDOo14
I loved it, gonna download the middle part for my iTunes, great job :)

Amyler

Nov 17, 2009
Since we're still discussing who the man upostairs may be, I have to say although I thought the Dicelord was a possibility, I had my money on Mr Game and Watch, as the origin point of all games.

DaveHz

Feb 12, 2010
Wolf Devastator said:
Amyler said:
I had my money on Mr Game and Watch, as the origin point of all games.
In the words of Shanks: "It's been done."
In the same exact way that giving the Mario Bros an Italian accent has been done (see ep13).

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Thanks for the monumental effort Shanks, Lund and all of my other fellow Aussies who's made this into a truly epic set of webisodes. Also, thanks to the Escapist for hosting.

How about a limited edition DVD, hmmm?

Fellwarden

Sep 25, 2008
It was rather disappointing for me. I love the show, but this is definitely the worst episode you've done imho. That song was horrible and lasted far too long, crazy Kratos lasted too long and wasn't really funny to begin with, and starting a new subplot just to cop out on it is just idiotic.

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
Loved the fight with kratos and the grenade heart. And the saber fight. Loved most of it in fact. But Of course I'm sad the series is ending and a little disappointed that the "You're my friend" song was followed by the live action equivalent of a forum war. I guess after all the badass you guys have been putting out I expected a bit more action after that point. Also why did Toad kill Luigi? I thought his beef was with Mario.

Still, the new spin on that "cardiac arrest" pun made my day. That joke was never funny, until now.

Cameron Baxter

Jan 24, 2010
good episode the forum war part was a bit slow but still good would have liked a fight with duke instead but oh well. anyway good luck on whatever you do with your lives now doomsday is over