Doomsday Arcade: Episode Three

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
The SFX are really great, make the whole thing look positively professional.

Very "Spaced"-like, which is a good thing.

All in all, an amazing "Arcade" always alleviates any ailment an American acquires.

guardian001

Oct 20, 2008
Not too bad. A couple of jokes I didn't get, but overall still a good episode. Good filming, good acting, and good video effects. Keep up the good work.

Bertruam

Feb 7, 2009
I enjoyed it so much, I had to watch it again to hear the jokes I missed while I was luaghing.

MiloP

Jan 23, 2009
"Its time for a zombay frombay!"

Seriously, you can't find writing like this nowadays.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
I wonder who is the big man upstairs is? Anyway, I love these two because they have a chemistry that makes them all the more funnier. I doubt they'd be as funny alone as they are together.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
great stuff guys. i really liked the check script with the zombie. also liked the "pun" line as well as the fact that the bomb didnt blow like it does in games but not irl. good job! keep it up!

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
A Magna? You ran over the zombie in a frickin Magna? Don't you have any pride at all? I won one myself so I know exactly how rubbish they are! Apart from that, awesome fun and keep it up!

If you need standins or hangarounds during filming, send me a mess. Would love to help out!

adrenalin1025

Nov 21, 2008
Joos said:
A Magna? You ran over the zombie in a frickin Magna? Don't you have any pride at all? I won one myself so I know exactly how rubbish they are! Apart from that, awesome fun and keep it up!
Nobody insults the duck... NOBODY!!!

KeithA45

Jan 19, 2009
Hahaha nice. Loved the "We could just exploit the zombies' weakness and expost our smooth chests". Beautiful cross-reference to other Escapist videos [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/500-Dead-Rising]

I've gotta say, I'm friends with alot of film majors and have been paying close attention to their acting, film recording, and editting and I've got to say it's pretty DAMN good (minus a few things here or there). Oh and the writing is superb.

Except the Mario/Luigi part. I know it's essential to the plot-line, but it's been done before [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/there-will-be-brawl/496-Episode-One]

Still, kudos Lund and Shanks!

whyarecarrots

Nov 19, 2008
Excellent work: without a doubt my favourite series on the Escapist. As everyone has said, good jokes, but backed up with very good technical work.

However, am I the only person that really didn't get the Left 4 Dead bit. The reloading bit, yes, I understood, but what the hell was the bit about Francis and the witch, and then Zoey's storming off... it just seemed unnecessarily random.

Miss Kass

Dec 2, 2008
Loved the laughter in the car. "Get out!" xD

Argh, it's so surreal seeing zombie version of all these people I know.

I like that Mario is doing this to get Peach back. That's rather more sweet than killing for no reason. Though I do like a good killing for no reason. On occasion.

Mmmm, O RLY jokes. xDDD

MiloP said:
"Its time for a zombay frombay!"

Seriously, you can't find writing like this nowadays.
I actually think he said Zombay Flambé, in reference to pretty much cooking them.

But, uh, might be wrong. *runs away*

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
Dawn of the Dead wasn't wrong about the propane tanks. They taped lit flares to their propane tanks before shooting them.

Good show. I never get tired of zombies.

Metalchair

Feb 8, 2009
this web series is the best thing to come out of the internet since Red vs Blue, and so is this episode... till episode 4 comes out

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
LOL awsome, and nice Unskippable reference. I wonder if the Mario bit is somewhat a reference to "there will be brawl" given the change in tone from the rest of the series. I've really been enjoying these, and it's funny because I use even worse puns when I'm around my friends, lol :D