Doublebear's Dead State Is Fallout Plus Zombie Apocalypse

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Finally! MY DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE!

Sure its turn-based but I really don't mind that!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Looks intresting, and a fun concept...I like what I see so far

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
The Austin said:
I lost all interest when it said "Turn Based".
lol same here.

Why would you make it turn based? Sure that ropes in a small nieche audience, but it also cuts out a huge part of players who could have been interested in it.

I'm gonna go with Dead Nation on PS3 until they wise up and make it a top down shooter.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
You real-time people get all the love. When was the last time we turn-based grognards had a quality game? Jagged Alliance 2? Silent Storm? This game sounds like the greatest thing since sliced sex. I want to build a time machine for the sole purpose of being able to play it yesterday.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Axolotl said:
Looks good for a game being made by a member of RPG codex at least.
Don't know what you mean by that. These people have experience on titles like Vampire Bloodlines and NWN2 and people from companies like Bioware and Obsidian are also RPG codex members.

LyonLee

Aug 30, 2007
This sounds exactly the way I want an RPG to behave. Now we'll have to see if it successfully does what it claims to do.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
More Fun To Compute said:
Axolotl said:
Looks good for a game being made by a member of RPG codex at least.
Don't know what you mean by that. These people have experience on titles like Vampire Bloodlines and NWN2 and people from companies like Bioware and Obsidian are also RPG codex members.
It' not a place one would expect great game developers to come from.

I mean Bioware and Obsidian sre great examples, they've never realloy made a game that's impressed me to be honest.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
That sounds awesome except for the "AI might screw you over by not listening" thing. And that will depend on how it is handled. If I have to go through menu screen after menu screen looking for their likes and dislikes fuck that. If I have to remember everyone's phobias fuck that. If they can figure out a way to make it clear without breaking the immersion than we may have a winner

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Do want.

This definatly something i'm interested in, i doubt they'll port it to Xbox but my PC might be able to play it...

Hm, looks good.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Axolotl said:
It' not a place one would expect great game developers to come from.

I mean Bioware and Obsidian sre great examples, they've never realloy made a game that's impressed me to be honest.
Nobody comes from a forum, they go there. As to why someone like David Gaider would rather go to RPG Codex to be insulted than come here, you would have to ask him. I'm not really an expert on which developers read which sites, however, so who knows. Actually, thinking about, I know a few, I guess that I'm some sort of virtual game developer groupie.

Judas Iscariot said:
Does it give us the option of going all Commissar and shooting weaker members of our unit to scare the others back into line? >.>
I don't know about that exactly but they gave an example of throwing infected people out of the shelter and some people reacting well to you running a tight ship while others not liking it. So they are tracking discipline and making it so some people accept you becoming a zombie apocalypse Stalin.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Dammit, why does PC get so many good, exclusive zombie games?

Oh well. I'll just have to make good with what I've got. *looks to dead rising: case zero shrine of anticipation* Soon, my darling, soon...

ShAd0wS

Aug 17, 2010
I want it. But I am also prepared for disappointment, the way they describe it seems to be a smart zombie game with an xcom-like turn based battle system. I still haven't found a game that really stacks up well against the original xcom, and they've had 16 years to make one, so I'm going to avoid getting my hopes up too much. But if this game turns out half as good as they make it sound I will be incredibly happy.

Slythernite

Jan 25, 2009
I was excited when I read the title, but I have completely lost interest due to the words "turn based." I'm sure people will have fun with this, but that kills it for me.