Dr. Pepper in the North?

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
We have it in Massachusetts it's not like moxie, only we shall ever have moxie

MUWAHAHAHA!

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
I'm Canadian, I had a Dr. Pepper at lunch. I'm sure we have it in the "North"

I can even get IRN BRU here, though you have to either go to the import stores, any british owned business or No Frills. (a cheap grocery store)

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
we have all different kinds. step right up and get you all different kinds of Dr, pepper. we got cherry vanilla, cherry chocolate(rain), classic, vanilla, chocolate, and of course cherry. that's right folks all different kinds, just step right up and get you a bottle today before we're all sold out.

ho, and I love almost every kind,

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Well if you go to the North Pole maybe they don't have it
Pimppeter2 said:
I don't know, but if its true I feel sorry for them

<------------ Trust me, I'm a doctor
No, you play one on TV

Spiner909

Dec 3, 2009
We have it in California, but not many of us like it.
Besides, Dr. Pepper is outlawed in 7 states.*
*=not true.

Scikosomatic

Sep 15, 2009
ClockworkAngel said:
So I was sitting here eating some pizza and drinking Dr. Pepper when I suddenly recalled something my friend said to me the other day. He's a huge fan of Dr. Pepper, you could say. He drinks it all the time, has been to the Dr. Pepper museum, has some of the classic bottles or whatever up on a shelf in his room, and even has a neon Dr. Pepper sign on his wall. We were watching a movie the other day (can't remember what it was called or even what it was about) that took place in the northern states and my friend pointed out (as he has numerous times in the past because he takes it as a point of pride for some reason) that they can't be drinking Dr. Pepper because they don't have that drink in the north. And I was just wondering .. .. is that true?

<.< I'm kind of hoping it isn't true so I can crush his dreams and maybe get him to shut up about Dr. Pepper. Either way, just an odd little something I was curious about.

He's probably been told that by someone who assumed that because the main bottling plant is in Plano, Tx (where I live :) ) that it must only be available in southern states. Fortunately for the world he's wrong.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Ohio and Indiana checking in. Dead wrong. You see, Dr. Pepper is bottled by the Pepsi Cola Bottling Co., and if you hadn't heard, that stuff is huge up here. The only place I can think of that you might have trouble finding it is in Georgia, especially Atlanta since that's Coca-Cola central.

ars731

Nov 10, 2006
they have it in the Midwest, i drink it all the time, its wonderful game fuel

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
"Presently, Dr Pepper Snapple relies on its own bottling group to bottle and distribute its products in 30+ states. Coca-Cola and Pepsi have essentially stopped bottling and distributing CSAB products in favor of in-house alternatives, although regional exceptions can be found" -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper

I think that your friend might be technically right. I hate it when people get off on technicalities but ze rules are ze rules.

ClockworkAngel

Nov 9, 2008
Ha, wow. I didn't expect this topic to get so many replies. I admit to being very skeptical of the claim, though it's been interesting to see just how false it really is. Now to answer a couple of the 'questions' I've seen in this topic.

Yes, this is a true story.
I dunno where the museum is.
It makes sense that he would've learned such a 'fact' at said museum. Or perhaps it used to be that Dr. Pepper was only sold in the south. I dunno.

Now do I take the high-road and just present the evidence, or do I rub it in his face and say, "Ha! Take a look at all the northern states that are drinking your precious Dr. Pepper!"? >.< My friend also hates 'Yanks' .....

Edit in response of the post above this one: Damn ..