Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Coming Fall 2014

Uhura

This ain't no hula!
Aug 30, 2012
I'm definitely hyped for this game, although the trailer was a bit meh. Might be even pre-order worthy. DA3, Watch Dogs & Quantum Break are pretty much the only upcoming games I'm really excited about atm.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
It's only a pity non of that was in game footage, many the bit at the end with the lady walking towards the screen but that is about it

But we shall all wait and see // I did also see some kick ass character I'd like to cosplay as

Plus, when did there start to be guns in Dragon age?

-M

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Ohlookit said:
It's only a pity non of that was in game footage, many the bit at the end with the lady walking towards the screen but that is about it

But we shall all wait and see // I did also see some kick ass character I'd like to cosplay as

Plus, when did there start to be guns in Dragon age?

-M
I wouldn't be so sure. It is supposed to be running on Frostbite 3. For that the character models or skin shader etc. are not impressive, actually when you compare it to BF4 they are old fashioned and subpar. I'm not saying everything is in game or better in-engine but I believe the character scenes of Varric, Cassandra and like you mentioned Morrigan are.
Varric is btw. not caring a gun! - It is a folded crossbow. You can see it when he puts in on the ground at 00:26.

Dec 16, 2009
synobal said:
Ugg bringing back Morrigan seriously, her story was finished. The only reason they've dragged her back is to try and get back fans of Origins that they lost with Dragon Age 2. Like me, well it's not gonna work EA you can keep your inquisition and the dragon it rode in on.
couldnt have put it better myself, as soon as i saw her name, i felt Morrigan was a bad sign

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I suspect they won't have learned their lesson from DAII.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
I want my Warden back and my hubby Alistair.

I want it to be good, I really do. As long as they don't rush it like 2. Not that I hated 2, I just wanted it to be a bigger story than it was. And if only Anders had been Anders... And Fenris hadn't been such a pussy.

Glad to see Varric back though, I did like him. And Morrigan too. Although if it is her baby I'm gonna get all pissy and jealous. And yes I know it's a damn video game.

Just have to wait and see.

Jack_in_the_green

Mar 22, 2011
The setting is pretty generic... Mages and Templars fighting for power, while an army of Demons from the other world invade all the land... Pretty much the good fate of the game will reside on how good and engaging will be the characters you/play/interact with and the plot itself...

Bringing up Morrigan... That was one of the best characters Bioware wrote... I would be hopeful if I believe in full on the capacities of the writing team.... I dont have blind faith in them anymore...

It would be interesting to see BioWare competing with the Witcher3..., for more or less the same audience, though. If that doesnt force them to really step up their game(lol) nothing will, and this will be the last DragonAge game (I mean if the game tanks financially, or is not able to reiterate the success of Origins).

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
synobal said:
It will be on PC as well. Plus bringing Morrigan back is just a lame attempt to get back fans of DA:O they lost with DA2.

If anyone thinks the trailer was enough to determine if this is going to be good they buy into the marketing stuff way to easily. EA hasn't not even showed an ounce of gameplay. Also due remember this is EA we are talking about.
I don't get the whole reasoning that brining Morrigan back was just an attempt to get back fans, especially seeing as how it was made quite clear that she'll have a bigger role in the future. I do agree though that the trailer has little content that could actually sway an opinion on buying or not buying...seeing as how it's just a CGI trailer, but it did build some hype so I guess it did it's job.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Well, the first part of the trailer was really dashing my hopes for this game. It looked like it really was going to just be a story of "Us vs. them," like X-men has been doing for years. That's not what makes Dargon Age interesting to me.

And then the sky ripped open and crazy stuff started showing up. I called it. The war doesn't just tear the Veil. It breaks it, and now the entire world is going to be in danger. Or I hope that's what I saw. That's a game I'm willing to play.
So...are we finally playing as Morrigan's child now?

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Sniper Team 4 said:
Well, the first part of the trailer was really dashing my hopes for this game. It looked like it really was going to just be a story of "Us vs. them," like X-men has been doing for years. That's not what makes Dargon Age interesting to me.

And then the sky ripped open and crazy stuff started showing up. I called it. The war doesn't just tear the Veil. It breaks it, and now the entire world is going to be in danger. Or I hope that's what I saw. That's a game I'm willing to play.
So...are we finally playing as Morrigan's child now?
I got that impression. I'm guessing you are playing as 1 of three people.

1) "the inquisitor" the generic character that they made up for the third game. Not matter who you name yourself you are still the inquisitor, just like how you were "the warden" in DA:O

2) You play the warden again, though this might depend on perhaps involving a save game transfer

3) You play as the demon child, but again this hinges upon you having made that choice or Bioware canonizing it.

I think Flemeth is working directly for the maker and she leads in the demons to potentially cleanse the world. It is an olf trick bioware likes to use to add other "factions" to the games. Mages, Templars, Qunari, and now demons (taking the place of the backdrop evil in place of the darkspawn)

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
All I could do while watching is wonder how BioWare will fuck this one up. Definitely won't be a purchase as DA2 was thankfully bad enough for me to not be invested in the series.

mrhateful

True Gamer
Apr 8, 2010
wow never in my life been this unexcited from a trailer. Lukily I don't have to live on what little EA allows of rpgs these days, good thing we have inexile, obsidian and cd project.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
TheTygre said:
"They haven't shown anything that makes me immediately want a new console yet. I think I might switch to PC finally."
~Me, literally fifteen minutes ago.

"Ffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-"
~Me, literally ten minutes ago.
Well it will be on PC.

-impersonating Duncan's voice-

Join Us.

Also, Morrigan looks a bit... weird. So does Varric for that matter.

neppakyo

Apr 3, 2011
That looked rather.. lame. Most uninspiring trailer I have seen in a while. Do not want.

Hope it tanks worse than DA2, then maybe bioware can be put out of its misery.

captcha: creepy crawler. This applies to EA and EAware, err, bioware somehow...

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
A lot of these comments are pretty annoying. Self-righteous, smugly pessimist- oh right, this is the escapist. Nothing but unfunny Yahtzee impersonators as far as the eye can see. Being unimpressed? Perfectly okay. Trying to rain on other peoples' parades because you're unimpressed? Not okay.

Anyways, the trailer looks pretty sweet. Varric's chesthair is covered up, so I had to watch that part like eight or nine times to see if it was him. The crossbow is obviously Bianca, but I'm still not convinced it's Varric.
I wonder if the person in the bag that Varric is groping is someone who know, though. They seem to have breasts, so maybe Merrill or Isabella? I hope not.
I think the fact that Flemeth is leading the demons isn't supposed to mean she's working with the Maker- probably the exact opposite, really. That looked pretty evil to me, but it's Bioware so no telling. Morrigan looks like she got old, and finally figured out the "clothes" thing.
And I think the hero-dude-guy rising out of a swirling sandstorm is supposed to mean something, but I dunno what. Maybe the main character is from the Anderfels or something?
Oh man I'm excited. I don't want to wait a whole year and some change. SIGH.
If it prevents the whole copy/paste problem from DA2 though, I'm all for it.