Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Coming Fall 2014

Camaranth

Feb 4, 2011
AntiChri5 said:
It is next gen and this gen.

The article doesn't mention it, but over on the official forums the BioWare community manager has said it is gonna be on 360, PS3, Xbone, PS4 and PC.

EDIT: One of the many threads in which he has said it, in case you wanted a source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/371/index/16836310
mate you have no idea how happy reading that made me! Thank you. Now I just hope they don't cop-out on that next year. Is a year into the next cycle late to be releasing games for the previous one?

Okay Bioware, please just do what you're good at and it'll be good, this is not the time for weird experiments (TOR) or short cuts (DA2).

Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
neppakyo said:
Hope it tanks worse than DA2
Yeah that would be so great, Bioware would have to fire a bunch of people and they would probably have to go on welfare and lose their homes if they couldn't find more work. lol can you imagine the thousands of unemployed people this could result in?

Ishal said:
I got that impression. I'm guessing you are playing as 1 of three people.

1) "the inquisitor" the generic character that they made up for the third game. Not matter who you name yourself you are still the inquisitor, just like how you were "the warden" in DA:O

2) You play the warden again, though this might depend on perhaps involving a save game transfer

3) You play as the demon child, but again this hinges upon you having made that choice or Bioware canonizing it.
David Gaider already said that the wardens story is over and he/she will not be the main character of any future Dragon Age games. They also said that you will not be forced to play as an inquisitor or join the inquisition. So options 1 and 2 are out. And unless god-babies age a lot faster or the mage war has been going on for like 10+ years by the time inquisition starts, I doubt you will play as him/her either.

So my guess is that you probably play as Orlesian nobility or something. Maybe they will try to bring back the 'origin' part of DA:O. And give you a few choices for backgrounds to the voiced human character. Like how Mass Effect did it.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
You mean EA is actually giving them some time to finish it this time? Color me shocked.

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
blackdwarf said:
I am really annoyed that this game will be a next gen title. Besides the possibility that I change console the upcoming generation, I want want to use the save import feature, but how are they going to allow that if the third game is on a different console?
When your console or PC connects to the internet, your characters are synced to your profile on the Bioware site. I reinstalled Dragon Age on a new setup aaaages after stopping playing and found my old characters appearing.

I presume that this is how it'll be done. Or locally on PC, 'cause screw the next-gen consoles.

neppakyo

Apr 3, 2011
Mycroft Holmes said:
neppakyo said:
Yeah that would be so great, Bioware would have to fire a bunch of people and they would probably have to go on welfare and lose their homes if they couldn't find more work. lol can you imagine the thousands of unemployed people this could result in?
Wouldn't bother me. If they are talented enough they can find work in a non-EA company.

Bioware is pretty much dead now anyways since EA bought them.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Why are people so happy to see Morrigan again?
I absolutely hated her character... although i will appreciate seeing what happened to that
demon spawn
from the end of Origins.

I actually think Inquisition looks pretty good. Bittersweet about the release date because i appreciate taking some time with it, but it's just so far away :/

Gather

Apr 9, 2009
...Remember the selling point in Dragon Age: Origins where they wouldn't track your "Good/Evil" level? Don't worry, you now have the choice to save the world or destroy it, huzzah!

I guess we just have to wait for more information.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
Actually Morrigan has a kid if you romance her or if the dark ritual is performed. Otherwise, she just disappears into the Eluvian in Witch Hunt and is just enigmatic about the danger coming, with no kid coming out of it.

One thing I just remembered is that DA:I takes place at least 10 years after Origins. Anyways I am excited for it. Wish I could have seen an early build of the gameplay though.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
neppakyo said:
Mycroft Holmes said:
neppakyo said:
Wouldn't bother me. If they are talented enough they can find work in a non-EA company.

Bioware is pretty much dead now anyways since EA bought them.
Dude, did someone make you eat your own puppy this morning or are you just naturally this broken?

You might wanna direct your anger to the source that deserves it, namely at EA. The peopl at BioWare should've proven over and over that their workers care about making deep and interesting games, but get fucked over by EA who make them rush a game so much it cripples it completely... and Mass Effect 3 was still one of the most amazing gaming experiences i've had.
So yeah... hate, like credit, only where it's due.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Great, so we'll get the same treatment as DA2? CGI trailer followed by "three corridors and caves for the rest of the game".

I am Harbinger

Dec 2, 2010
AntiChri5 said:
blackdwarf said:
I am really annoyed that this game will be a next gen title. Besides the possibility that I change console the upcoming generation, I want want to use the save import feature, but how are they going to allow that if the third game is on a different console?

But for the rest, yeah we got a trailer.... of a game from which we already knew it was in development, not really impressed with that.
It is next gen and this gen.

The article doesn't mention it, but over on the official forums the BioWare community manager has said it is gonna be on 360, PS3, Xbone, PS4 and PC.

EDIT: One of the many threads in which he has said it, in case you wanted a source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/371/index/16836310
Phew, thank you. I was really sweating this, because DA3 is something I might actually break down and allow Microsoft to physically violate me for the privilege to play. Thank god Bioware is still at least partially comprised of good people. Good people yoked to E.A.'s madly pin-wheeling chariot, but still good people.

I am Harbinger

Dec 2, 2010
hentropy said:
You mean EA is actually giving them some time to finish it this time? Color me shocked.
E.A. is evil, not stupid. Well, okay, not completely stupid. They do notice when people get angry, even if they pretend not to. I don't doubt that they're giving Bioware more time because they saw the back-lash over Mass Effect 3 being rushed out.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Personally, I don't give a shit about Morrigan. Important or not, she was one of the companions I cared for least in Origins, though admittedly, I did play Origins after Dragon Age 2. And, in all honesty, I greatly prefer Dragon Age 2. (I know, an unforgivable gamer sin, I'm sorry. To quote Alistair "I'm a bad, bad man.")

Now, what I am excited for is seeing the Paragon of Manliness himself return! Varric, my best buddy, my favorite dwarf and his sexy crossbow, it's good to see you again. And if you don't play as Hawke, he better damn well be a romance.

Though, I'm definitely hoping for the return of some of the other companions, from both Origins and 2. Like Fenris, and Aveline, maybe Leliana or even once again, Alistair. Wynne is unlikely, though would definitely be welcome.

I just hope this isn't purely centered around Templars vs. Mages.

Drauger

Dec 22, 2011
If this is actual gameplay graphics...... crap ill have to download a ton of mod to make the characters look ok............... WAIT I did that with Dragon Age Origins already....

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
It seems like the Inquisition will just be another Grey Wardens/Spectres then, if this is going down the "save the whole world" route. I was hoping for a bit more subtlety and scheming, rather than another "chosen one" plot.

Obviously it's too early to tell, but that's the kind of direction the trailer seems to suggest, and Bioware don't often surprise me (in a good way at least).

Kind of disappointed it will be this gen as well, seeing as it means it won't take advantage of the new abilities, in order to be identical across all platforms.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Oh, how I've missed you Morrigan! Glad to see you back.

With DA Inquisition and Witcher 3 in 2014 along with the other Kickstarter RPG's that will be released. 2014 will become RPG heaven and I cannot wait for it.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
"Will you see this through to the bitter end?"

I don't know Morrigan, will the game suck? As it stands, I didn't buy DA2 b/c of the stupid DLC practices. Just as well, considering when I rented the damn thing, it didn't live up to expectations.

Bioware's 0 for 2 so far. They screw the pooch in this, they are dead, but for certain I'm not preordering it. I don't buy EA or Capcom titles at launch anymore...

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
Scorpid said:
Dragon Age 3: Reign of Chaos [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N557N3OP8k]
ah memories

I dint play the second Dragon Age because it looked like absolute shit, but the first one was pretty cool