Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

Whitbane

Apathetic...
Mar 7, 2012
I wonder what the Day One DLC will be...

In all seriousness, after the crapfest that was DA2, I'm waiting to see some fan reviews and Let's Play series of the game to determine if it's worth picking up. DA2 left a really sour taste in every orifice (Dat ending and genderless dialogue with only he/she traded in) and it'll take a miracle to put the franchise on good terms with me.

The original Dragon Age was pretty alright, though. Certainly had some epic scenes.

JnSchder

Oct 18, 2012
I'm going to give BioWare one more chance to redeem themselves with Dragon Age 3. If they repeat the same mistakes they've made with Dragon Age 2, then all hope is lost for BioWare and EA will eventually close it down like they did with Westwood and Pandemic.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Please tell me that all you are keeping from DA2 is the combat system(minus the waves, those sucked) and the voiced character. Scrap EVERYTHING ELSE. Seriosly DA2 was a decent game but you guys aren't decent you are great. I loved DA:O and hope that inquisition is just as good or maybe even better. just remember this is Dragon age not Mass Effect.

Zetsubou-Sama

Mar 31, 2010
I found the templars/mages conflict to be the weakest and the one that tried the most to force the whole morally grey card in DA:O II also found The Fade a snooze-fest after the first playthrough.

DA2 focused on mages/templars once again, while commiting a whole bunch of storytelling no-nos and giving a third act that diminished an already mediocre story and decisions. It also has barely any connection or relevance with DA:O storyline or even world.

DA3: Will again focus on mages vs templars something that I'm sick of dealing with, as well as apparently having little connection with both previous games.

Where are the dragons, darkspawn, grey wardens (as an institution, I could care less about playing one again or doing the whole defeat the blight thing), the dalish elves or even dwarfs. There was such a huge lore potential in DA:O's world but with every game I feel this is becoming Mage's Age: The Templars Are Butthurt.

The conflict isn't anything awe-inspiring. Templars are dicks because they treat mages like scum and persecute and control their lives, mages are dicks because they always go into blood magic to free themselves or just to dick around giving the good oppressed mages a bad image. Oh yay let's make two and a half games revolving around this, while disregarding your actions and decisions from game to game.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Saviordd1 said:
Anthraxus said:
Djinn8 said:
Seems to be playing the "Spritual Sequel to Baulder's Gate" card again.
Fool me once Bioware...

Meanwhile, a real spiritual successor to the BG/IWD/PST games just launched their kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity

They can keep their shiny graphics and Dragon Turds.
Should've guessed you would show up.

OT: Cautiously optimistic, DA2 was okay and ME3's ending was a stab in the back; I'll give Bioware the benefit of the doubt but its 3 strikes your out...
"You're"

And they're already on their 3rd strike IMO. Also DA 3 will incorporate shitty multiplayer since EA stated they're not going to green light any single player only games.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
"Hey guys, remember all the old Bioware stuff? The stuff that was good? Well let me remind you again.

Oh yea I totally like Dungeons and Dragons.

We all remember how badly we fucked up ME3, so we are just going to jump on the 'we're listening' platitude train right from the start. We're totally listening.

DA3 is going to be an RPG. And we can't tell you anything else"

Yea no, fuck off Bioware. I know you're high off the smell of your own shit but I'm not sniffing anymore

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
A few years ago this would have excited me.

Now, not so much.

I didn't like DA2, the Mass Effect series as a whole didn't do anything for me and SW:TOR sucked giant hairy monkey balls.

If this was following on from DA:O instead of the repetition of shite that was DA2 then i'd probably have got it on release. As it stands I may get it when the price drops drastically if I hear enough good things about it.

BioWare games have gone from must haves to "if I see them on Amazon for under a fiver and i'm drunk enough then I may buy it".

RubyT

Sep 3, 2009
Leonardo Chaves said:
Have you ever heard about Witcher 2? pretty f... state of the art tech.
Dude, you should put down that Xbox-controller.

On the PC, we once had a game called, uh, CRYSIS. It came out in, let's see, 2007. Let me calculate that. Yes, that's actually FIVE years ago. And Crysis looked better in EVERY. FUCKING. WAY. By what definition is W2 state of the art? Heck, even FAR CRY had lusher forests than W2. And the facial expressions don't match those in HALF LIFE 2. Both of these games are from frickin' 2004.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Yeah, no. I'm probably going to avoid this one. I mean, I was kind of planning to avoid Mass Effect 3, but EA kind of had me by the balls since I wanted to see the conclusion of all the story arcs and there was no other way I was going to do it properly. I even thought the ending couldn't be that bad... See how that turned out.

But I don't have quite the same level of attachment to the Dragon Age series, as much as I loved Origins. Dragon Age 2 had some pretty fun characters as well, but the overall story arc isn't interesting enough for me to feel like I've got to have this one. In fact, there isn't really an overall story arc at all, is there? You just got told at the end of Dragon Age 2 that the Chantry is losing it's grip on people purely because some bad stuff (rather specific bad stuff for that matter) went down in Kirkwall.

RubyT said:
Leonardo Chaves said:
Have you ever heard about Witcher 2? pretty f... state of the art tech.
Dude, you should put down that Xbox-controller.

On the PC, we once had a game called, uh, CRYSIS. It came out in, let's see, 2007. Let me calculate that. Yes, that's actually FIVE years ago. And Crysis looked better in EVERY. FUCKING. WAY. By what definition is W2 state of the art? Heck, even FAR CRY had lusher forests than W2. And the facial expressions don't match those in HALF LIFE 2. Both of these games are from frickin' 2004.
...Did people who misjudge the technological quality of a game murder your parents or something? Relax.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Padwolf said:
I'm just going to try to be optimistic about it. I loved Dragon Age 2, I know it had it's flaws but it had some great ideas in it. It sounds really fantastic though.
Same I clocked more hours on DA 2 then DA:O. Origins was fun but got boring near the end. also the different origins didn't really make a difference after you get to the quest to get the tainted blood.

The banter was much much better in DA 2. Personally i liked the skill trees in 2 better then origins.

I can not wait for DA 3 and for me it will probably be a first day buy (or pre-order even).

Uriain

Apr 8, 2010
realistically, there is nothing to comment on here. Mark is trying to play on our nostalgia for older (great) games, appeal to the RPG fans with a nod to D&D (regardless if he actually plays or not) then confirm something which we have known since PAX EAST 2012 (possibly earlier, not entirely sure).

The only thing in his entire comment that is remotely "interesting" is the Frostbite 2 engine. If they take advantage of this engine, the game should look pretty darn good.

The comments ,
"We've visited message boards, read reviews, and we've gone to events to have direct face to face conversations with some of our most passionate fans. We've been listening, and we will continue to listen.

Recently, I said that we didn't want to talk about Dragon Age III unless we had something to show. I'm trying to stick to that plan and won't be revealing much today."

and

"We are going to be as open as we can. We will continue to have a dialogue with you and answer what questions we can. Keep providing us with your feedback. I'm excited about what we are working on and I hope that you will be too."

are just jumping on the (as someone else mentioned) pandering train to the fans which are disappointed with their most recent works.

At the end of the day, once some actual gameplay videos (not cut scene's) start coming out, and more details of ACTUAL game content, anything from their devs, pr, etc is frankly, a waste of time.

Which is very sad, because I have enjoyed all of the Bioware stuff, DA2, ME3, and Old Republic included.

RubyT

Sep 3, 2009
Leonardo Chaves said:
First thing you assume much and do it wrong.
Second are you kidding me about facial expressions?
Third, ubersampling=state of the art tech, unmatched.
Well, I'm not gonna argue colors with a blind man. If you think W2 was state of the art, then good for you, because DA3 should be a boon for you no matter what.

Jared Cooper

Oct 28, 2011
I think DA3 will, more than anything, show us more of BioWare's creative process. I'm replaying DA2 now, fine-tuning my file so I've made the choices (such as they are) the same way I did for DA:O, and I'm mostly curious in how the story carries over. Bioware's always saying, give us feedback, give us feedback, and there's a lot of feedback for DA2 so I want to see how they change based on that.

There are a lot of places they could drop the ball but there's also not a whole lot of things that will be important over the three-game arc. It might not even be a trilogy maybe? Anyway I liked DA2 well enough, it had some parts that were great improvements over DA:O problems, so I hope they take the meatier parts that made DA:O engaging but keep the shiny aesthetic improvements of DA2 as if it were the best DA:O patch evar.

But I'm an easy sell for DA, it doesn't have to be that great for me to be intrigued. If they can keep the hack and slash from DA2 while still making the combat tactical and actually feel challenging like Origins, I will be satisfied.