Dragon Age: Inquisition - Biggest RPG Ever Created by BioWare

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Honestly, I'm worried. The scope is large enough now to easily exceed their grasp in both the writing and programming department.

[hr]
"choice of voices"

Imagine if they follow the trend of not compressing the audio...

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
Matt K said:
AntiChri5 said:
Fuhrlock said:
'In Dragon Age: Inquisition, there are nine followers for you to find and recruit, the most of any Dragon Age game to date'
I originally thought what does number of characters mean compared to how developed they are...then I started thinking: 'Alistair, Sten, Oghren, Dog, Shale, Leliana, Zevran, Morrigan, Wynne, Loghain. Well I count 10 for Origins, so this statement really is pointless'
Shale was DLC, Dog barely counts, Loghain was only a companion for the last fifth of the game and you had to give uo another follower to get him.
On the other hand, it's possible that one will be able to say the same thing about these characters. We don't know the context of who or when these followers would appear.
Sure, it's possible. But i highly doubt it.

The characters are getting an equal amount of advertising time. I don't think Dog was ever advertised and i know Loghain wasn't advertised as a party member.

It's not much to go on, but it's what we got.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
SourMilk said:
AntiChri5 said:
Shale was DLC
Yeah, day-one DLC that was free with every legal copy. I cannot say that your point is valid.
And yet wasn't part of the base game. If you don't have an internet connection, bought a used copy and don't have the cash to buy the content or are playing the game after the apocalypse and all servers are gone, you aren't getting Shale.

Discounting the "secret" companion at the very end of the game and the one whose only dialogue is "barks" and "growls", the amount of announced companions in the base game is fewer then in Origins. If you intend to count Dog and Loghead, then it is different. Unless Inquisition has a secret companion, like Origins did. We don't really have much info.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
Amaror said:
Guys this is a company that fucked you over twice.
Interesting. I don't remember that happening. It's almost like other people can have different opinions to you.
No matter what you thought about DA 2 or the Mass Effect 3 ending, you cannot deny that both were rushed and way worse than they could have been.
Every game ever released could have been better with a bit more time to polish things up. Well, maybe not Duke Nukem Forever. Could DA2 have used more time? Fuck yes. Is it one of my favorite games anyway? Fuck yes.
You should know better by now than to trust their empty promises again.
You should know better by now then to tell other people what their opinions should be. I have never gotten worked up enough over pre-release info to feel betrayed or wronged when it turns out to be bullshit.

Upbeat Zombie

Jun 29, 2010
Sounds like Inquisition is shaping up to be a good balance of both the previous games, thankfully leaning much more toward origins.

Although I thought 2 wasn't that bad for what it was.

zinho73

Feb 3, 2011
But the real questin is: is it good content?
Bioware should really stop overpromising, because they can only fall from those claims.
Seriously: show the screenshots, show awesome gameplay and answer the questions truthfuly. Don't say anything else. If the game is once again rushed at least you won't be acused of lying, if the game is great you will be drowning in positive feedback.
This is not rocket science, guys.

That said, I do hope they have learned their lessons. I won't pre-order though, as I think pre-ordering just encourages the Hype machine (in a bad way). I understand who does, though, but for each its own.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
I'm seriously surprised by just how many people have not seen a single shred of actual gameplay of Inquisition considering they showed a 30 minute clip LAST FUCKING YEAR

So tired of reposting it.

OT:
Yeah, that's is probably true, although how much of it is meaningful remains to be seen. I'll gladly trust them for now, though. They also have their own venue to be shown tomorrow, so I'll be looking for that. In-engine trailers can only do so much for me.

Sartan0

Apr 5, 2010
There is room for both DA3 and Witcher 3 guys. I personally loved Origins and I loved Witcher 2. I was disappointed in DA2 and will not per-order DA3. I will be per-ordering W3 to support CD Project RED but that is my call. In no way does that mean others can't take the chance on DA3 if they want to.

KINGBeerZ

Apr 22, 2012
OOOOOOOOOOh, so looking forward to inquisition, in fact I've been looking forward to it for nearly the past 3 years, I'm replaying through dragon age 2 to get my cannon in order for it. So looking forward to being an elf again, I really didn't like being forced to be human in DA:2, a lot of people I've talked to are interested in playing as a Kossith, I'm interested how they'll do that, as you'd think it would be rare for any Kossith to be something other than Qunari orTal-Vashoth, it's going to be great!

Rodolphe Kourkenko

Dec 10, 2012
Ferisar said:
I'm seriously surprised by just how many people have not seen a single shred of actual gameplay of Inquisition considering they showed a 30 minute clip LAST FUCKING YEAR

Yeah, true, it was a "leaked" vid so blured and damaged that you can't see almost anything without hurting your eyes.. No thanks.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Rodolphe Kourkenko said:
Ferisar said:

Yeah, true, it was a "leaked" vid so blured and damaged that you can't see almost anything without hurting your eyes.. No thanks.
Huh? The demo was presented at multiple events.
Yeah, I can't see anything at all in that video. Ugh, so blurry.
EDIT:
Actually, I remember SPECIFICALLY linking this video to you on at least one, maybe two occasions, because of the same exact line of commentary.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
AntiChri5 said:
Interesting. I don't remember that happening. It's almost like other people can have different opinions to you.
Every game ever released could have been better with a bit more time to polish things up. Well, maybe not Duke Nukem Forever. Could DA2 have used more time? Fuck yes. Is it one of my favorite games anyway? Fuck yes.
You should know better by now then to tell other people what their opinions should be. I have never gotten worked up enough over pre-release info to feel betrayed or wronged when it turns out to be bullshit.
I am not saying that everyone should think that DA 2 was bad. I think so, but i know that some people liked it. And you're wellcome to like it.
But can you seriously tell me that you didn't notice how rushed it was?
The lifeless city, the reused environments and the bad story ending (You're supporting the mages?! Your compassion makes me want to turn into an abomination and kill you all!) were just cheap and in my opinion an insult to every of their customers.
The Game was clearly not polished and i am just saying that you should be aware of that when preordering a game. Like i said, even if you don't preorder you can still buy it Day 1 and loose pretty much nothing.
I am not telling you what your opinion should be, i am just telling you to be carefull with preorders.
I have fallen into the preorder trapp myself twice now, once with DA 2 and once with Rome 2.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
WashAran said:
And will still probably be outdone by a small studio in poland.
Maybe or maybe not. Either way though I am looking forward to playing both games. I think both of them will be great. Plan on pre-ordering the DA:I Collector's Edition soon.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Well, I liked DAII more than DA: Origins overall, though the art style started by Origins shouldn't have been retired. I like what I've seen from both trailers and gameplay videos. I like the sound of the size of the game, and being able to chose race is nice to have back.

I'm willing to take the risk: if the game crashes and burns then that's my problem.

Rodolphe Kourkenko

Dec 10, 2012
Ferisar said:
Rodolphe Kourkenko said:
Ferisar said:

EDIT:
Actually, I remember SPECIFICALLY linking this video to you on at least one, maybe two occasions, because of the same exact line of commentary.
Yep, at the beginning, it's blurred and i never bother to watch a vid so ugly, perhaps after it's better, if it's the case i'm wrong, you're right.

Perhaps you already linked this to me, i don't remember and the facts are that i don't want to start a flame war and i don't really care. Imo, the bioware games are always made with the same archetypes since BG2, they're a overhyped studio and all their last games were a mess (from a technical or writing point of view), perhaps i'm wrong but if it's the case i'll admit it.

And here at the E3, it's just smoke and miror, they showed nothing (beside undead with same bad textures and same animations) and it's my main problem with them. If their games are good, it's for the better but since the ME3 hype they put in movement, i always doubt anything they say.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Rodolphe Kourkenko said:
Ferisar said:
Rodolphe Kourkenko said:
Ferisar said:

EDIT:
Yep, at the beginning, it's blurred and i never bother to watch a vid so ugly, perhaps after it's better, if it's the case i'm wrong, you're right.

Perhaps you already linked this to me, i don't remember and the facts are that i don't want to start a flame war and i don't really care. Imo, the bioware games are always made with the same archetypes since BG2, they're a overhyped studio and all their last games were a mess (from a technical or writing point of view), perhaps i'm wrong but if it's the case i'll admit it.

And here at the E3, it's just smoke and miror, they showed nothing (beside undead with same bad textures and same animations) and it's my main problem with them. If their games are good, it's for the better but since the ME3 hype they put in movement, i always doubt anything they say.
Stop talking in hypotheticals :p Just skip two minutes in and watch. If you don't want to, then don't "if I'm wrong I'll admit it" me, because I seriously can't be bothered with what your opinion might be if and but. Also, a flamewar in this forum wouldn't last very long knowing the moderation, so I think we're clear on that front.

As for the "overhyped/messy" point, I disagree on the front of ME3. It was a fine game with the same tenants and downfalls that Bioware generally displays. The only thing "overblown" about it is the ending controversy, which was a collective usage of selective viewing. The game, as a whole, was a complete experience: whether it was good or bad based around its structure or narrative isn't really something that can be pinned spoken of in absolutes, as it does far more than a bare minimum of passable storytelling. Same applies to the gameplay front, especially given its predecessor was widely praised for (mostly) the same functionality.

As far as DA2, it was, by their own standards, fairly weak. I enjoyed it personally; a lot of others didn't. That's fine. It's hard not to see flaws in that game, but I liked it just based around its evolution of the series, however unrealized. From what I see of DA:I, it's what I wanted from DA2, which suits me just fine.

Oh, and undead looking generic? God forbid other games never do that, it's almost as if they're cannon fodder stock enemy types. Did you also miss the part where they fight a big ass fucking dragon, too? :p Anyhow. I don't know how other sources are having it, but Twitch has coverage for DA:I tomorrow at some point (I believe 4:30), my guess is that's where gameplay will be shown. These were just trailers/shorts presented during the EA conference.

Imbechile

Aug 25, 2010
Jesus Christ.... those companion quotes!
Do Bioware's writers have no shame?

The biggest lie Bioware has managed to pull off is convince the majority of the game industry that their games are well written.