Dragon Age: Inquisition Collector's Edition Announced at $170

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
i64ever said:
How can you pre-order a $170 game? Haven't we seen how bad an idea that has been the last few years? I loved DA1 and liked DA2 more than most, but you've got to admit that today there is ZERO guarantee of quality for any game from any company! How many Aliens or SimCity games do we need to get screwed by before we wait and see what the game is really like before giving the company our money? Some of these people will be the ones screaming the loudest on release day about how they were conned, mark my words. I hate to say it, but it will be all there fault for buy an unknown product sight unseen.
easy I preorder from gamestop and I have a week to read reviews before I have to pick it up at which time I can say I don't want it and get my money back:) seriously guys preordering should only be done if you know youll like the game or the CE has something worth the price.(the defiance CE came with a messenger bag that's made out of gortex and thus almost indestructible:)

OT: sold if only for the chest which im sure I can turn into a storage case for my other games:)

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
TravelerSF said:
I tweeted Marc Darrah about this. He said it (PC version) "should be available in many countries in Europe". Sounds odd for there to be a delay like that. Even the ads on Gamestop websites show PS4 and Xbox One version along with the print "Also available on Xbox360 and Playstation 3" with no mention of a PC version.
According to Aaryn Flynn its going to be available on all platforms.

Link [https://twitter.com/AarynFlynn/status/466241968730038272]

Rodolphe Kourkenko

Dec 10, 2012
GamerMage said:
draigodragon said:
Dragon Age 2: Not that bad, given you got Legacy, Mark Of The Assassin, and the Mage and Rogue Item Packs like I did.

Mass Effect 3: Come on, dude, the ending we have now is at least better than the one we had; (Synthesis)

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic: Amen! So do I!
And it's my problem with Bioware, to have a good experience, you have to buy DLC (even the EC for ME3 must be buyed now). I don't understand why i should buy DLC for an average game to make it better. DLC must be a mean to extend the fun, not improving the base game. Well, it's just my opinion.

170 dollars for a game about which i know nothing beside pre rendered cutscenes ? How is the IA of the ennemis and the companion for example ? Or the inventory management ? What are the mechanics of the game ? They spoke about multiplayer, what about it ?
I'll nor preorder from them, just based on their past games.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Tank207 said:
Andraste's flaming ass, that is so not worth the asking price!

Yeah that's a lot of stuff, but it's a lot of useless stuff. I would much rather get something that can actually be used in game, if I was crazy enough to pay that much for it.
Agreed. Moreover, the most blaring omission is the lack of the Season Pass. For $170, I should never have to pay for another piece of DLC ever again!

daibakuha

Aug 27, 2012
Rodolphe Kourkenko said:
to have a good experience, you have to buy DLC (even the EC for ME3 must be buyed now)
If you mean to say that you have to buy the Extended Cut DLC you are 100% incorrect. The EC is free.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
The lock picking set is intended to open a hidden compartment of the collector's edition, rather than to help fans recover from the expense of the game.

I nearly spat my drink at that - since I have three essays to write in three days, the chuckle is appreciated.

OT

Very nifty, very nifty indeed. Oh if only I weren't so bloody poor....

Also: has anyone tried that Dragon Age: Keep thing for determining the effect of previous game choices? I'm planning on getting this for the PS4 (somehow) so I can't really port any saves over from the first game and this site has scared me off from the second.

ClockworkUniverse

Nov 15, 2012
Well, they definitely know the target audience for a $170 collector's edition: crazy people.

No offense to anyone though because I am definitely getting this.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
So they're not holding a party member hostage as DLC like they did with Sebastian in DAII and Javik in ME3?
Creedsareevil said:
Wow. Half a months rent.

Hahahahha. How about no.
You have a very cheap apartment. :p

Bocaj2000

Sep 10, 2008
I pre-ordered Mass Effect 3 for close to $100, and it turned out to be one of the worst purchases I have ever made. The game isn't worth it. Neither is the bonus content.

EDIT:
This looks worse. A lot of tat that will be used for a few minutes and then forgotten. The game will probably suck too... When it comes to Bioware I stopped being an optimist. I've been hurt too many times.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
To Australians it is just 110 dollars more!

Ah, what am I smoking?!
If it is 170 dollars in the US, it means it is going to be 210 dollars over here.

As much as I would love to pick this us a well, this is not worth that much money.
For Australian price I would only get this for $150. Pff, even then I'm quite the sucker.

All I hope ... please allow this game to be good.
Please get over the thing that was Dragon Age 2.

Dragonlayer said:
Also: has anyone tried that Dragon Age: Keep thing for determining the effect of previous game choices? I'm planning on getting this for the PS4 (somehow) so I can't really port any saves over from the first game and this site has scared me off from the second.
Sorry for having no more information on this topic, but I am also very interested in that website. Especially since all my Dragon Age saves are on the Xbox 360, and I plan to grab it on PS4 (If it is good).

I hope with the whole website, you can either create all your saves on there or grab the saves from your original experience on the Xbox (By connecting both PSN and XBL accounts).

Still, either way I hope they can grab my created Warden and Hawk ... since they said that those two may show up in Inquisition.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
So what is that, about $300 in Australia and New Zealand? Usually collectors editions are around $210, so I'd hate to see the regional pricing on this new, super special awesome edition.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
DirgeNovak said:
So they're not holding a party member hostage as DLC like they did with Sebastian in DAII and Javik in ME3?
Creedsareevil said:
Wow. Half a months rent.

Hahahahha. How about no.
You have a very cheap apartment. :p
Nope, they've said as much prior. I mean, I'm sure it doesn't mean dick if enough time elapses, but none of them are going to be locked away as far as we know based on the statements they've made.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Ferisar said:
DirgeNovak said:
Nope, they've said as much prior. I mean, I'm sure it doesn't mean dick if enough time elapses, but none of them are going to be locked away as far as we know based on the statements they've made.
That's good to hear. That was a profoundly shitty practice. And Sebastian sucked.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
That price and no figurine?
For 120$, I expect at least a high quality figurine.
Also no artbook? That's a pretty lame collectors edition.

nevarran

Apr 6, 2010
I'm usually buying collector's editions. And for DA, even the price is not a deal-breaker for me.
But that exclusivity... I'm probably skipping this one.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
loa said:
That price and no figurine?
For 120$, I expect at least a high quality figurine.
Also no artbook? That's a pretty lame collectors edition.
I remember when I got the Warhammer Online CE... now THAT was a CE, massive hardbound art book, limited edition metal miniature plus rules for using him in a table top game, hardbound graphic novel and a mouse pad... and cost considerably less than this did. (I believe I paid about £55 for it at launch).

The prices of these collectors editions is an absolute piss take these days, all I want is a decent (as in 200+ page PREMIUM minimum size of A4) art book, some in game customisation goodies (say swappable weapon/armour skins, unique hair options etc. nothing game breaking), a making of DVD or a Soundtrack CD and maybe a mouse mat or small figure that'll actually fit on my book case if they are feeling generous.

And for that I'd quite happily fork over £60 - £70.

But for what you get and what they are asking and for what? A pretty box that it comes in? Yeah they can seriously suck the big one.

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
Yep, I love this CE, definately forking over the cash for this. Also very impressed with what I've seen of the game so far, I have faith this will be a great game!