Dragon Age: Origins and Choice 2.0

Alex_P

All I really do is threadcrap
Mar 27, 2008
That's an improvement over what they had, but the fantastical-quest context somehow makes the situation less compelling.

-- Alex

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Susan Arendt said:

Dragon Age: Origins may be the first game to not only make its moral decisions hard, but to make them count.

So like The Witcher?

Shadowtalon

Apr 14, 2009
KarumaK said:
I better be able to take magical urn of immortality instead of leave/destroy. I'd like not dying very much.
This was my first thought upon hearing the situation, so I was disappointed that it was never mentioned.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Susan Arendt said:

Dragon Age: Origins may be the first game to not only make its moral decisions hard, but to make them count.

...you too Susan?

Peter Molyneux has let us done so many times.... please don't just raise our hopes.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Sounds good, if anyone can finally give us some good choices to make in games, it's Bioware. I've long since given up hope of getting anything but black and white choices from Lionhead....

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
So basically they're trying to do what The Witcher already did extremely well. I wish them the best.

rohit9891

Jan 21, 2009
This game just keeps getting better everytime they bring out some news...well i'm glad it's doing well.The toolset is also bound to give some really good stuff...Bioware rocks!!!

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
hansari said:
Peter Molyneux has let us done so many times.... please don't just raise our hopes.
Hey, it's your own fault for beliveing him more than once. Also, Bioware has a far better track record than Molyneux :)

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Yes yes yes! Moral ambiguity! Grey! Sweet, delicious grey! Yet another reason for me to love BioWare!

Fanboyism aside, that particular scenario sounds absolutely brilliant. For the record, I think the Baldur's Gate series did handle the moral choices very well, but they had nothing on this. This sounds like it's going to be a very, very good game. I just wonder if it will live up to its claim to being the spiritual sequel to Baldur's Gate.

If it does, I'm going to have to upgrade my PC.

Mar 17, 2009
I cannot wait for this game! A couple of days ago I was all "meh" about this game, now I've seen the previews and I'm giddy like a schoolgirl!

*Teehee*

Finally, some real moral choices in gaming.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Susan Arendt said:

First game to make their moral decisions count? I believe fallout one and two did that long before any bioware rpg.

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
BioWare's done well with the more nuanced of moral choice systems. KOTOR was probably the most clear cut good/evil divide, but that was because they were working within an established mythology and the Jedi/Sith thing is fairly obvious. But I thought they did a good job in Mass Effect:

Do you keep alive the last remaining member of a thought-extinct species? Her kind fought huge wars with all aliens a couple centuries ago. She says she's not like that, but do you trust her? Do you commit genocide? And your party members may argue with you one way or another on the whole thing.

And now there's all the talk about your choices being reflected in ME2. So I think BioWare knows what they're doing. I'm psyched for Dragon Age and excited to relive my Baldur's Gate experiences on a new console.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Good gods I can't wait for this. Only...PC, or console? Can my PC handle it? So many questions, and I múst pre-order a collectors edition soon!

Woem

May 28, 2009
high_castle said:
BioWare's done well with the more nuanced of moral choice systems. KOTOR was probably the most clear cut good/evil divide, but that was because they were working within an established mythology and the Jedi/Sith thing is fairly obvious. But I thought they did a good job in Mass Effect:

Do you keep alive the last remaining member of a thought-extinct species? Her kind fought huge wars with all aliens a couple centuries ago. She says she's not like that, but do you trust her? Do you commit genocide? And your party members may argue with you one way or another on the whole thing.

And now there's all the talk about your choices being reflected in ME2. So I think BioWare knows what they're doing. I'm psyched for Dragon Age and excited to relive my Baldur's Gate experiences on a new console.
If they include enough dialogue and a solid story this could be Planescape meets Baldur's Gate meets new technology.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I shall take the Urn probably but this sounds really good, I wasn't sure at first if I wanted this game but I think I do now.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Assassinator said:
Good gods I can't wait for this. Only...PC, or console? Can my PC handle it?
If it can't, the only answer is to upgrade it. I daresay that for a game like this, there'll probably be a solid modding community. Maybe not the size of the Elder Scrolls/Fallout 3, but still sizeable nonetheless. Wouldn't want to miss out on all those delicious mods now, would you? :p